Forbidden Journey Wheelchair Review | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Forbidden Journey Wheelchair Review

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thank you kindly for sharing this! I am very glad to hear that you had such a wonderful experience. This also gives me hope for an old friend who has wanted to come with me to the parks for ages, but has shied away because of his disability. He's only in the past ten years been in the wheelchair. Now let's see if I can persuade him.

Picture found online from here: http://purplelv93.wordpress.com/2010/06/15/the-wizarding-world-of-harry-potter/
img_14671.jpg

It's really quite something to see UO adding a completely separate station to accommodate handicapped guests. It's a great way of providing guests their privacy while they prepare for the ride without rushing them or having them feel embarrassed for disrupting the flow of the ride. Having been to the secondary platform, I did find it to be a little confusing on how to get there. But it really felt like they put a lot of thought into it. Heck it feels like your traveling through some forbidden corridor when on your way there.

I don't think Mermaid's ended up getting it but there was a patent out there for an Omnimover type ride to feature one car that was able to seperate from the base and its spot on the track and go into a seperate location in a similar concept. I don't think they ever ended up doing it though. It would be a lot better than the old stop or crawl version.