Free Admission to Blizzard Beach in May for Passholders | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Free Admission to Blizzard Beach in May for Passholders

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ain't gonna happen. The only time that TDO pandered to locals/passholders is right after 9/11 and the hotel OccRate dropped to 20%. Then Disney was begging locals to come. Then the tourists came back and the pandering to locals ended. Bottomline is TDO isn't really interested in locals because TDO only cares about hotel OccRates and locals don't stay in their over priced hotels all that often. Therefore Disney has little use for locals. As a matter of fact, locals just get in the way of the perks offered to hotel guests. The free dining that they offer has ruined dining at Disney and any local that gets a table is a table they can't use as a free perk to entice tourists to stay at their hotels. And trust me they make MUCH more in room sales than dining because people that stay in the rooms buy park passes, merchandise, and food on top of the free food offered.

I know. They even make more off the out town guests who stay off site then locals. And the bottom of the rung spending wise are pass holders (one up front entry fee, no parking fees, know all the local lunch places). Though that last one is all the more reason why as IzzyB said a discount at quick serve would help keep some of that pass holder money in the parks.

But I can hope that this free period sells some water park annual passes, they see $$ from it and realize that pass holders contribute money too.

Yes, local passholders don't spend as much as onsite hotel guests. But they do spend money. Disney treats locals with, while not quite disdain, utter apathy. Almost anything they do, like this 3 free hours on a Thursday night, appears to be "going through the motions" (cough* Limited Time Magic* cough) as opposed to actually providing a compelling perk. Free dining is a compelling perk. Limited time Magic? Not so much.

Last edited:
I find the three hour thing to be compelling for some pass holders. To me it's on par with Six Flags 3 hour coasters after dark.

^ too true. I could get into AK for free right now... but with Disney, even free isn't worth my time at this point. I would be more entertained walking around the UOR parking garages looking down into their atriums, and already have been!

^ too true. I could get into AK for free right now... but with Disney, even free isn't worth my time at this point. I would be more entertained walking around the UOR parking garages looking down into their atriums, and already have been!
I haven't used my 4 free tickets a year for the past 2 years. I was comped into the FLE during cast previews. We arrived at 1pm and were bored and went home by 4pm.

I was planning on going that day. Still might unless I can Friday. Damn them.

I have mixed feelings on it being there from a former pass perspective. Sure it's free entry for a couple hours, which is kinda cool, at the same time you still are a paying guest.

I haven't used my 4 free tickets a year for the past 2 years. I was comped into the FLE during cast previews. We arrived at 1pm and were bored and went home by 4pm.

I'll take them if you are not using them :) My family is always looking for ways to save money when visiting.

You would think they would want to push pass holders to counter service, so why not add a discount to counter service so we don't take their reservation spots?

They did?? Was it crowded? I have the premium so no point for me (although I don't use the water parks that much, I should go back down to annual). Although there's so many passholders, there was bound to be a bunch show up. I still remember the ill-fated Animal Kingdom passholder evening several years back. I felt so bad for the castmembers that night.