Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fun Spot Expansion

Looking at the site size & the types of attractions, it kind of reminds me of the former "Trolley Parks" (called that because they were used to increase ridership on independent Trolley lines during the slow weekend days). At one time in the turn of the past century through the 1960's there were about a dozen of them in the Pittsburgh area. Most of them were around that size with a similar mix of attractions. The only one that survived was Kennywood Park, that is in the 40 acres range, and had significantly more attractions due to it's larger size, than the others had. Kind of interesting in that Fun Spot is kind of like a throwback to those ancient parks. Only they fed off of the Trolley lines while Fun Spot feeds off of Universal & I Drive. :)

Agreed, and there'd still be enough space to not only beautify the area, but expand it to have much more footspace.

Using Railblazer for reference,

R8wQdDc.jpg

Seems like a perfect fit: a low cost, single-rail, unique to Orlando and has been garnered for the experience on it. It'd be a heck of a weenie, depending on how it's executed.

When the shoe fits,

Last edited:
I wouldn't get your hopes up. They filed a permit for a new "interactive water feature" earlier this month, and those construction pictures from Twitter plus the video the posted on their Instagram Story today definitely look like they're for the installation of a new fountain:

yRIuGeQ.png

yCpkQ02.jpg

XQuGL8f.jpg

I'm going to guess and say that a Gerstlauer Eurofighter will go into that space. Probably a clone.

The price of a Eurofighter and a Single Rail, isn't actually that far off from eachother.

Hell, rumors have indicated it below the likes of 6 million for a single rail (compact one, mind you).

I wouldn't get your hopes up. They filed a permit for a new "interactive water feature" earlier this month, and those construction pictures from Twitter plus the video the posted on their Instagram Story today definitely look like they're for the installation of a new fountain:

yRIuGeQ.png

14DEAwi.jpg

1fexxuj.jpg

Let us dream! ;) :tease: