Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they're not going to build another coaster in its place, I would truly hope for a dark ride with animatronics or a water based(boat) ride. Potter already has 3 screen based attractions and any more would be too much to me.

I don't know of any new dark attraction coming to potter or to the parks that we don't already know about. I believe we are all set and finished with Fallon, F&F, PETS and Nintendo. This lineup is the temporary end to Universal north development to my knowledge, sans knowledge of any coaster activity.

Last edited:
I don't know of any dark attraction coming to potter or to the parks. I believe we are all set and finished with Fallon, F&F, PETS and Nintendo. This lineup is the temporary end to Universal north development to my knowledge, sans knowledge of any coaster activity.

Just to clarify: you're saying that (to your knowledge), none of the (current) concepts for SLOP or Nintendo involve dark rides? And that once those projects are built, we should be expecting a significant slow-down in new offerings being built in the existing parks?

I don't know of any dark attraction coming to potter or to the parks. I believe we are all set and finished with Fallon, F&F, PETS and Nintendo. This lineup is the temporary end to Universal north development to my knowledge, sans knowledge of any coaster activity.

Are you referring Pets as more of a USH project or is it still possibly in development for UO?

Reactions: Mike S
Honestly, I was thinking about this recently.. If Disney and other parks don't care about capacity, why does Universal? Universal keeps adding capacity-conscious attractions while all of Disney's latest minus Mermaid have been built to handle way less people then parks earning 8-20 million visitors should. They're finally remedying Soarin' and Toy Story Mania by adding a third theater and track (8-10 years later but alas..), but they still get millions more visitors than a Universal park.

Universal is the one that actually sells Express, either with the hotels or charging per visitor. They actually have more to gain financially by making attractions less accessible to guests, even forcing them to add days onto their tickets. Why should Universal make it so easy to be the park that's added onto a Disney vacation and get so much bang for your buck in 1 or 2 days?
The new disney plan is build small capacity rides to push demand and then create upcharge events because they didn't build enough capacity. Magic kingdom has 19 mil visitors a year and universal is at what 9 in each park? I think for the most part Disney's rides soak up a lot of people (all though they all should). There is also the issue of land. Disney has it and Universal does not. I think Comcast knows it would be silly to waste the land on a small capacity ride. Most of Disney can leave rides forever and universal often has to replace them.

Reactions: UNIrd and Mike S
The new disney plan is build small capacity rides to push demand and then create upcharge events because they didn't build enough capacity. Magic kingdom has 19 mil visitors a year and universal is at what 9 in each park? I think for the most part Disney's rides soak up a lot of people (all though they all should). There is also the issue of land. Disney has it and Universal does not. I think Comcast knows it would be silly to waste the land on a small capacity ride. Most of Disney can leave rides forever and universal often has to replace them.
That's not really a plan, it's just bad engineering. Marketing then takes advantage of the bad engineering to try to upsell.

Do you really think Disney wants people in line 1.5-2 hours (for something like SDMT) when they could be spending money? I think not.

Reactions: IzzyB
Without checking, I'd say maybe California Screamin'.

They can only run 3/4 of the number of passengers per train, but they run more trains.

Ultimately, you don't need to run the exact same capacity or higher in order to have a successful ride. With Kong and Hulk back up, capacity will be up overall and can pick up the slack that will be thrown out into the wind while this ride is down and retooled or replaced.

I don't know of any new dark attraction coming to potter or to the parks that we don't already know about. I believe we are all set and finished with Fallon, F&F, PETS and Nintendo. This lineup is the temporary end to Universal north development to my knowledge, sans knowledge of any coaster activity.

Well, this puts a dark cloud over my day.

Now with the locker policy and metal detectors and safer trains would there be a possibility the return of the dragon challenge dueling once again when it was dueling dragons would universal ever bring the dueling option back again to its original ride concept to duel

Status
Not open for further replies.