Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it does indeed just get The Hulk treatment so to say, I hope they go in the direction @Disneyhead suggested in mimicking the design of Battlestar in Singapore. Turns a thriller seeker ride into a possible family attraction without losing the thrill side of things... And may open it back up for them to duel, in a sense, again.
That is what I hope for as well, and I'm sure that could be engineered so that dueling is no problem.

Reactions: Stitch_101
Is it possible they might remove one of the coasters completely and just have one that is restored?
Single invert zig zagging through the Forbidden Forest would be nice actually, if they go this route, I hope they would make the coaster slightly longer though and let it have the cobra roll.

Is it possible they might remove one of the coasters completely and just have one that is restored?

While possible, I don't see that as a practical idea. These things cost less than $30 million apiece. Probably a lot less considering all the engineering is done. Probably closer to $20 million. Removing just one doesn't free up enough space to add anything else, be it either rides or shops, as the tracks run together most of the way. But removing one cuts capacity in half. With their goal being to increase attendance, why reduce capacity without any other real benefit other than saving a paltry(In terms of univeral projects) $30 million?

They could I guess. It may be beneficial because all of the money could be focused on the one coaster, but I would rather they keep one and rebuild the other as a different coaster type. I'm thinking of a situation similar to the dueling coaster at USS.

I honestly don't know anything solid besides hearing "Dragons will be closed by the end of the year."

The two situations I've heard rumored are:

1) A completely new, singular themed coaster

and

2) A Hulk-type (possibly more indepth) plussing of the existing coasters

Kinda breaks my heart if this ride closes at the end of the year. Happy they aren't even considering another dark ride. Nothing against them, just need some variety.

I went on this ride about 3 weeks ago with a group of 6. Not one person said it was a rough experience, and we went on red and blue. I still get a lot of enjoyment out of it just not the walk to the coaster.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Kinda breaks my heart if this ride closes at the end of the year. Happy they aren't even considering another dark ride. Nothing against them, just need some variety.

I went on this ride about 3 weeks ago with a group of 6. Not one person said it was a rough experience, and we went on red and blue. I still get a lot of enjoyment out of it just not the walk to the coaster.

If this does happen, I don't think it has anything to do with roughness. I think it's probably JKR/WB going, "Okay, you have the money to replace this now. make it better."

If this does happen, I don't think it has anything to do with roughness. I think it's probably JKR/WB going, "Okay, you have the money to replace this now. make it better."
Makes sense. Now the last time I rode the Hulk a week before it closed I felt like my eyes were going to pop out of my head.

I will be sad my daughter will never get to ride this if it does close and doesn't get re-built. I probably will also not be able to ride it again. We will see. IOA black out dates are coming up soon, so it would have to be in September. Hopefully it is open into the fall.

Considering they're both still in great condition, it's entirely possible that they'll be dismantled and sold to another park. Best of both worlds in my opinion.

Six Flags can pick it up and turn it into Batman vs. Superman or something.

Are they both in far better condition than Hulk was?

If they go for a full restoration like Hulk where the demolish the track and replace it with new, I'd rather they just built something completely new instead.

Red is perfectly fine to me and blue knocks me a little but only in the cobra roll. As long as whatever they do has strong themeing I am excited.

I agree. Something new. Dragons are not worthy of a Revamp. Not even in the slightest.

I disagree. The ride could hugely benefit from a huge revamp when we know what it's capable of being as the queue and ride experience were fantastic since opening day. It's current incarnation is crap but we can't say it's not worthy of restoring/reimagining when it has so much potential.

I disagree. The ride could hugely benefit from a huge revamp when we know what it's capable of being as the queue and ride experience were fantastic since opening day. It's current incarnation is crap but we can't say it's not worthy of restoring/reimagining when it has so much potential.

Personally I think I'd rather see a brand new coaster, as you can do more with a clean slate, but I won't cry if the existing ride is significantly plussed

Reactions: Mike S and Scott W.
Status
Not open for further replies.