Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do find a slight irony here in praising B&M for their engineering when Hulk has just been pretty much fully replaced, the first time for a B&M if in not mistaken

Still, I think B&M is the way to go. Either that or RMC because everything they're doing looks great and I think it would be a great opportunity for the new kids on the block.

But how much of the replacement was because of the footers? That has nothing to do with B&M.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Also, B&M's rides tend to work...Intamin's tend to have more issues

Absolutely. Millennium Force is generally pretty reliable but other Intamins have not been. Plus, there have been more injuries with Intamin coasters. Maverick at CP (an Intamin) had a heartline roll removed and replaced with straight track once they started testing. I can only guess that the speed at which the coaster took the roll caused significant stress on the human body.

I love a good B&M (tongue firmly in cheek). Kings Island opened Banshee and it is a wonderful coaster. As is Diamondback. Probably all coaster manufacturers have the occasional problem child but B&M coasters seem to be extremely reliable. Maybe they put Metamucil in the supports to help out. Okay, last terrible joke. I promise.

Absolutely. Millennium Force is generally pretty reliable but other Intamins have not been. Plus, there have been more injuries with Intamin coasters. Maverick at CP (an Intamin) had a heartline roll removed and replaced with straight track once they started testing. I can only guess that the speed at which the coaster took the roll caused significant stress on the human body.

I love a good B&M (tongue firmly in cheek). Kings Island opened Banshee and it is a wonderful coaster. As is Diamondback. Probably all coaster manufacturers have the occasional problem child but B&M coasters seem to be extremely reliable. Maybe they put Metamucil in the supports to help out. Okay, last terrible joke. I promise.
I know that B&M hyper is a slam dunk for any park in experience and seat design, which is why I am excited for sea world. When I think Intamin I think intense which I like (maverick esp after new restraints). or skyrush which I hate (worst restraints for that height ever)

Reactions: SkiBum
Try riding "furious baco". Nothing slow or boring about that winged coaster lol. It's launch is ridiculous and it's perfectly suited to a "quidditch" themed ride. Just needs a complete refurb coz it's rough as hell due to wheel gap
Furious Baco is absolutely horrendous to ride. Shambhala on the other hand is almost perfect and I hope Mako rides the same.

Sorry got carried away with my thoughts :topic:

That's not unrealistic at all...just expensive.

Ever seen the B&M Flyer Crystal Wing in Asia? Talk about amazing theming on a coaster!

I've been on it actually. It doesn't quite hold up to Disney/Universal rock work when you get up close, but it is still nice.

I have to imagine that, at some point, Creative wanted to build the refitted quidditch pitch complete with rock work and the stands.
With more set pieces, you could still have close-call encounters even if the coasters themselves can't duel anymore.

Reactions: Mike S
I have to imagine that, at some point, Creative wanted to build the refitted quidditch pitch complete with rock work and the stands.
With more set pieces, you could still have close-call encounters even if the coasters themselves can't duel anymore.
At that point I'd say knock out the two coasters and just build one longer one with smoother elements (I.e. Montu)

I still say this ride has another 5 years easy. Replacing this with another dark ride instead of a new coaster would be a stupid idea.

I used to adore duelling dragons but now it's kinda Meh... I'm not sure if it is because they don't duel or because of the state it is in due to age but I didn't even go on Ice or whatever its called now on my last visit. They used to be one of my favourites in the park, yet if these were to go tomorrow I would't care. In fact I pretty much think they're a waste of a huge chunk of real estate now.

I used to adore duelling dragons but now it's kinda Meh... I'm not sure if it is because they don't duel or because of the state it is in due to age but I didn't even go on Ice or whatever its called now on my last visit. They used to be one of my favourites in the park, yet if these were to go tomorrow I would't care. In fact I pretty much think they're a waste of a huge chunk of real estate now.
The blue one is my favorite, though it is quite jerky, then that is why I love it.

The blue one is my favorite, though it is quite jerky, then that is why I love it.

I think I've only been on two coastesr I'd consider overly jerky and that was Apocalypse at Magic Mountain and The Big Apple at New York New York and both were beyond brutal. Besides that I don't think I've been put off by jerky coasters and I include Gwazi in that.

I think I've only been on two coastesr I'd consider overly jerky and that was Apocalypse at Magic Mountain and The Big Apple at New York New York and both were beyond brutal. Besides that I don't think I've been put off by jerky coasters and I include Gwazi in that.

I just remember being very cold on the roller coaster at NYNY. Apocalypse is rough. I think that plot is cursed by Psyclone.

Reactions: Scott W.

Ok, I will bite, if you truly don't know why then maybe this will help. There are no stupid ideas, only different opinions and viewpoints so you may feel it is a stupid idea, in your opinion, but it may be the best thing since sliced bread to the poster. You might explain why you feel it is not a great idea but to call it stupid is not furthering the discussion. IMO

This is not meant to admonish just to inform.

Reactions: Mike S
Ok, I will bite, if you truly don't know why then maybe this will help. There are no stupid ideas, only different opinions and viewpoints so you may feel it is a stupid idea, in your opinion, but it may be the best thing since sliced bread to the poster. You might explain why you feel it is not a great idea but to call it stupid is not furthering the discussion. IMO

This is not meant to admonish just to inform.
I apologize. Stupid was the wrong term. In a park with a majority of dark rides demolishing a roller coaster to add another dark right next to a dark ride is overkill. Especially another Harry Potter dark ride.

BTW I wasn't calling any particular person stupid but to say there are no stupid ideas is definitely wrong.

Last edited:
I apologize. Stupid was the wrong term. In a park with a majority of dark rides demolishing a roller coaster to add another dark right next to a dark ride is overkill. Especially another Harry Potter dark ride.

BTW I wasn't calling any particular person stupid but to say there are no stupid ideas is definitely wrong.

I understand what you were saying and with the lack of tone on message boards it is tough to tell sometimes.

Bill Gates was told he had a stupid idea when he wanted a graphical interface for a human interaction with computer rather than endless typing after touring Xerox Parc. Was a waste of money when he had a perfectly good operating system with MS-DOS. Glad he didn't listen to them, I would hate to have to type 17 lines to reply to you.

Again there are no stupid ideas just different ones. No one is always right

Status
Not open for further replies.