Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too early to say but I heard if they gut this ride and make a new attraction. It will be made by Bolliger & Mabillard.
Glad the talks are staying in the coaster realm, I think IOA deserves more than one.

I'm sure many of you have seen this but ideal buildouts has a great (but obviously unrealistic) concept for a fully themed dragons. Those supports!
Blog+-+Universal+IOA+2025+birds+potter+stadium.PNG

Ideal Buildout: A Mountain for Potterland

Glad the talks are staying in the coaster realm, I think IOA deserves more than one.

I'm sure many of you have seen this but ideal buildouts has a great (but obviously unrealistic) concept for a fully themed dragons. Those supports!
Blog+-+Universal+IOA+2025+birds+potter+stadium.PNG

Ideal Buildout: A Mountain for Potterland
That's not unrealistic at all...just expensive.

Ever seen the B&M Flyer Crystal Wing in Asia? Talk about amazing theming on a coaster!

Too early to say but I heard if they gut this ride and make a new attraction. It will be made by Bolliger & Mabillard.

I guess that confirms either a wing rider or a flyer. The flyer is probably more unlikely as SeaWorld already has Manta, and I can imagine Universal wanting to do something unique for the Orlando area. Although, of course, B&M just did one for Uni in Japan.

That is, unless they're just going to do one big remade inverted coaster. That would be really lame.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
I'd imagine if they made it, they would have he broomstick on a hinge that retracts with the restraints. Kind of like how the ankle holders work in a flying coaster.

I've never been on a wing coaster but I've heard a lot of people saying they're slow and boring. This could maybe work to Universals advantage by allowing a more family friendly coaster.
Try riding "furious baco". Nothing slow or boring about that winged coaster lol. It's launch is ridiculous and it's perfectly suited to a "quidditch" themed ride. Just needs a complete refurb coz it's rough as hell due to wheel gap

Try riding "furious baco". Nothing slow or boring about that winged coaster lol. It's launch is ridiculous and it's perfectly suited to a "quidditch" themed ride. Just needs a complete refurb coz it's rough as hell due to wheel gap
Yeah, Skyrush at Hershey is a fun wing coaster, too. Really good airtime.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I guess that confirms either a wing rider or a flyer. The flyer is probably more unlikely as SeaWorld already has Manta, and I can imagine Universal wanting to do something unique for the Orlando area. Although, of course, B&M just did one for Uni in Japan.

That is, unless they're just going to do one big remade inverted coaster. That would be really lame.
I'd rather have them do dueling coasters again, just make them meet where there are no inversions and have two distinct type of coasters instead of two inverts.

Reactions: Cheezbat
Both Furious Baco and Skyrush are Intamin Wings whereas we were initially discussing the B&M Wing Coaster. Intamin rides tend to NOT be boring as evidenced by Cedar Point's collection and the afore-mentioned coasters. My main point was that the B&M Wings are a little boring although maybe it depends on the design. One of the Universal parks has a dueling Battlestar Galactica coaster where one is an invert and one is a more standard sit-down steel.

Reactions: anihilnation
Both Furious Baco and Skyrush are Intamin Wings whereas we were initially discussing the B&M Wing Coaster. Intamin rides tend to NOT be boring as evidenced by Cedar Point's collection and the afore-mentioned coasters. My main point was that the B&M Wings are a little boring although maybe it depends on the design. One of the Universal parks has a dueling Battlestar Galactica coaster where one is an invert and one is a more standard sit-down steel.
While I think B&Ms are beautiful and normally very well designed, Intamin has surprised me in the last few years...B&Ms tend to be...bulky

Reactions: SkiBum
I do find a slight irony here in praising B&M for their engineering when Hulk has just been pretty much fully replaced, the first time for a B&M if in not mistaken

Still, I think B&M is the way to go. Either that or RMC because everything they're doing looks great and I think it would be a great opportunity for the new kids on the block.

Also, B&M's rides tend to work...Intamin's tend to have more issues

That's for sure, Cheetah Hunt opening day is a day I will never forget..

I would much rather ride a B&M,

but I think it is interesting how Intamin is becoming more competitive it seems recently

I do find a slight irony here in praising B&M for their engineering when Hulk has just been pretty much fully replaced, the first time for a B&M if in not mistaken

Still, I think B&M is the way to go. Either that or RMC because everything they're doing looks great and I think it would be a great opportunity for the new kids on the block.

Well, I look at it this way: The Hulk was what... 16 years old before the replacement? However, because it is run year round as opposed to having the benifit of extended down time for maintenance every year, the overall stress and wear on the coaster is probably more akin to a coaster that has been up for 30 or more years. Hence the need for a more reliable builder.

Well operating 365 days a year, all day long, for nearly 16 years has to mean something.

Status
Not open for further replies.