Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to apologize lol. I didn't take it personal or anything.
I just enjoyed Lost Continent more than the other lands before Potter. I wasn't knocking Potter for what it is and has done. It just destroyed a land that was pretty fantastically themed for it's time.

And I will agree with you there. In 1999 it was a fantasmical creation of art. Sadly, the attractions either didn't hold up or were too too much for all age ranges. At the same time, it was a frenetic piece of design from Greece to Arabia to Ye Olde England. The creators did their best with literally nothing but mythology on all counts.

And I will agree with you there. In 1999 it was a fantasmical creation of art. Sadly, the attractions either didn't hold up or were too too much for all age ranges. At the same time, it was a frenetic piece of design from Greece to Arabia to Ye Olde England. The creators did their best with literally nothing but mythology on all counts.
I agree with the attractions. I always wondered what the heck F Lying Unicorn was suppose to represent, but the coaster itself is fun.
The themeing was most impressive to me. Enchanted Oak, Mythos, Poseidon! I could sit and look at that rockwork all day!

Also think Dragons had a very very underrated queue as well.

Yes it is, my opinion is also you have a bad opinion. ;) :p

I find it interesting there's lots of old timey people who prefer old Universal no matter what. Similar to those who proselytize If You Had Wings, Swan Boats, Astur Computer Revue, etc
Everyone has different tastes. I'd take summer 2016 Islands over 2000 islands any day, but I'd take 2000 Universal over 2016 Universal.

Everyone has different tastes. I'd take summer 2016 Islands over 2000 islands any day, but I'd take 2000 Universal over 2016 Universal.

That's almost a Sophie's Choice. I agree about Islands of Adventure, for sure, but USF? Would I be willing to lose Diagon Alley - what I deem to be the greatest themed land ever constructed - to get back Kongfrontation, Back to the Future, and Jaws, each of which were - at one time or another - my favorite attraction in the park? And even Hitchcock, which was one of the most complete and satisfying show experiences at any theme park. I guess I'd still have to take Diagon Alley, but that's rough! I don't feel good about it!

Anyway, with respect to Dragon Challenge, the implication with these "ride it soon" suggestions would be that a totally new ride experience is coming, not just a Hulk-like refresh. So that's exciting, even if it's probably still going to be a coaster that'll be too extreme for my taste. As much as I'd love another dark ride, it appears Universal is going to swap a coaster for a coaster. Which is fine! I'm slowly coming to grips with the fact that not every new attraction needs to be for me.

Yes it is, my opinion is also you have a bad opinion. ;) :p

I find it interesting there's lots of old timey people who prefer old Universal no matter what. Similar to those who proselytize If You Had Wings, Swan Boats, Astur Computer Revue, etc

If You Had Wings and Swan Boats had their charms.. Astuter Computer Revue was an abomination.

I wouldn't expect much of the Lost Continent to remain if there's any sort of push-comes-to-shove scenario where it's on the chopping block.

Last edited:
What I remember most fondly - the Pyhrrock and Blizzrock statues, the queue, the dueling, the ride again shortcut - all gone.
Are we talking about the shortcut that is just outside of the exit building to the right of the path?

Because it is still there. At least it was when I was there last September. Maybe it's only open during quieter periods?

I think there may have been an old shortcut that was inside the ride building, literally immediately after exiting the coaster. Pretty sure it joined the queue right before the red/blue selection split.

My memory is pretty vague though as I was a lot younger, but I'd often get a shock from the team member manning the queue. That queue used to be super creepy.

Probably closed now because of the metal detector requirements :(

Reactions: Quint
There is an entrance to the queue just before the red/blue split.
I've seen it used but I thought it was for express/disabled access or something like that.
When I was there Friday, it looked like it could be used as a re-ride as soon as you exit the building/cave, but there is no sign indicating it is for re-side, and no one was using it. It appears to be just a VIP Pass entrance.

I think there may have been an old shortcut that was inside the ride building, literally immediately after exiting the coaster. Pretty sure it joined the queue right before the red/blue selection split.

My memory is pretty vague though as I was a lot younger, but I'd often get a shock from the team member manning the queue. That queue used to be super creepy.

Probably closed now because of the metal detector requirements :(
That's a realllllllllyyyyy old shortcut that hasn't been used since express pass became a thing. It's currently partially taken over by express and partially by a team member path between load and express.

Reactions: Quint and ynnoj
I may get slaughtered for saying such heresy, but the original 2000 IOA was where it was at, truly magical..I felt after Potter (even though Potter is phenomenal) that IOA has been a shell of its former magical self..Kong is a step in the right direction for sure

However, 2016 Studios beats the heck out of the mid 2000s Studios IMO

Reactions: Quint
Status
Not open for further replies.