Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a bit of background. When I first got a call about Hulk long before anyone knew something was happening, it was phrased as "Say goodbye to Hulk". When I hinted here about it, I rephrased as "Something is going on with Hulk" as I was mortified at the thought of it going. So, my sources never knew what was happening exactly and were more stating opinion than anything.

So, we might want to keep this in mind here.

If they fix the lack of themeing in the queue I will be very happy. Quite frankly, just put back all the skulls, bones, and other things and just change the story bits from Merlin to Potter. Outside of the first two rooms there is absolutely nothing to look at and hold your attention in the off chance there's actually a line. Some other background sounds would be welcome as well.

Spruce up the low zones and ride area as well. It looked so nice with the lake under it when it was brand new. I know they like the maintenance paths now, but at least make it look nice instead of just stagnant, standing water that looks like its radioactive.

Reactions: anihilnation
I don't ride it much since I am not much into corkscrews and loops. I can get those at Six Flags. To me the theming was better when it was Dueling Dragons. Still miss the Enchanted Oak Tavern. It is a bit of an eyesore in that area so I am all for redoing or replacing it. Kong and Hulk will more than make up for any lost ride capacity.

Reactions: Ash
The reality is surely that, no matter how they theme it, a huge design of exposed steel such as DC doesn't fit the aesthetic of WWOHP at all. And the immersive factor of the land has been one of the biggest contributions to it's overall success.

I'd be keen to know how many irregular visitors actually ride both coasters...

I would like to know how many average visitors really think: that coaster looks so out of place. Also, in busy periods, you enter the lands and all you see is tourists. Don't get me wrong, I like immersion, but I find it often is overstated.

I would like to know how many average visitors really think: that coaster looks so out of place. Also, in busy periods, you enter the lands and all you see is tourists. Don't get me wrong, I like immersion, but I find it often is overstated.

Every coaster looks out of place but it draws people towards it. If you ever go down I Drive past Kraken and now Mako, I can guarantee you'll see people pointing out their car windows watching the coasters run.

I don't get why nobody complains about Hippogriff; it's waaaaay more distracting than DC, even if it is also themed a bit better (the Buckbeack animatronic and the themed trains are cute).

I've been saying for a while that I've thought DC's days were limited (had no proof). It takes up a ton of land when compared to the popularity that it has. Add that together with LC and there's room for an entire new land.

I still don't think it'll come to that. But, I think that coaster isn't pulling its weight any more.

I don't get why nobody complains about Hippogriff; it's waaaaay more distracting than DC, even if it is also themed a bit better (the Buckbeack animatronic and the themed trains are cute).
Exactly! The track of Hippogriff is clearly visible, and no one screams: this destroys our immersion, it is not a real Hippogriff!

I personally think they should reprofile one of the inverts and demo the other for a wing rider or a smaller airtime machine. This would make far more sense to me....making both coasters unique

Exactly! The track of Hippogriff is clearly visible, and no one screams: this destroys our immersion, it is not a real Hippogriff!
They're not supposed to be real. They're supposed to be fake Hippogriffs made by Hagrid to help us learn how to fly one. Plus Hippgriff has much better theming around it rather than the barren landscape and wire fences of DC.

Hey, possible silver lining if they do tear it out. Maybe instead of just going in and scrapping it, they will sell it to another park somewhere and they can make it duel again! lol

Hey, possible silver lining if they do tear it out. Maybe instead of just going in and scrapping it, they will sell it to another park somewhere and they can make it duel again! lol
Haha! Sell it to SeaWorld! A dueling invert would really round out their coaster lineup for me.

If it's a coaster, I hope it's themed to quidditch before forbidden forest. The pitch is way more iconic. I'd love to see those towers surrounding the coaster. If it was easy as just adding a forest around a coaster, they would have done that already.

Only thing that gives credence to the FB is its placement. Hogsmeade station on one side, Hagrids hut on the other.

Could they ever adapt the cycle coaster design to be a Broom or would it be too much work?
Capture%20drsquoeacutecran%202015-07-15%20agrave%2005.23.48.png~original

Status
Not open for further replies.