Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Do you want River Adventure to get the Hollywood treatment or stay JP?

• Keep it JP

Votes: 114 38.3%
  • Bring on the iRex

Votes: 184 61.7%

• Total voters
No one asks because they will not comment on it.

Let’s also pump the brakes a bit. First reports are around May, and the ride did close earlier this year for its annual refurb and maintenance.
They might comment on it if enough legitimate people kept asking them. If folks keep shrugging it off as no big deal, then of course Universal isn't going to see a need to say anything.

My other point was that if we don't hear about an extended refurbishment in the winter that addresses the poor state the ride is currently in, we will be approaching a year of the ride being like this after that traditional refurb period.

If I'm coming across as annoyed or irritated, I apologize, but... well, I am.

They might comment on it if enough legitimate people kept asking them. If folks keep shrugging it off as no big deal, then of course Universal isn't going to see a need to say anything.

My other point was that if we don't hear about an extended refurbishment in the winter that addresses the poor state the ride is currently in, we will be approaching a year of the ride being like this after that traditional refurb period.

@belloq87 - I see what you mean. Using pressure to get change. I think the difficult part is getting people to do something, with the known expectation of how Universal will most likely respond.

Have you considered asking Universal on Twitter or maybe using a more public/larger percentage of the fan base to get some answers? That may help you get the media sites to write articles or tweets themselves.

At the end of the day, we both want the same thing.

I'm just coming from a different POV. Between everything with COVID, then Ian (and a little bit of Nicole), and knowing they can't build/fix everything at once - I guess I'm a little bit more patient.

No one asks because they will not comment on it.

Let’s also pump the brakes a bit. First reports are around May, and the ride did close earlier this year for its annual refurb and maintenance.

They were up the first week of March, so we're approaching the half-year mark of it being like this.

@belloq87
Have you considered asking Universal on Twitter or maybe using a more public/larger percentage of the fan base to get some answers? That may help you get the media sites to write articles or tweets themselves.

The only response you get is the generic "We apologize blah blah, we will let the appropriate team know." There's no shortage of comments talking about it on Twitter, mind you the Uni community is vastly smaller than the Disney mob, hence why Uni can get away with things a lot more often.

They were up the first week of March, so we're approaching the half-year mark of it being like this.
I mean, it doesn't change the overall point that we're still far away from a "year" of the issue. Also, see my above post.

There's no shortage of comments talking about it on Twitter, mind you the Uni community is vastly smaller than the Disney mob, hence why Uni can get away with things a lot more often.

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

Reactions: tankart150
No, I've never been the sort of person to try to interact with a company on social media.
I'm just coming from a different POV. Between everything with COVID, then Ian (and a little bit of Nicole), and knowing they can't build/fix everything at once - I guess I'm a little bit more patient.
I was patient for the first couple of months!

Right now, I just want to know that there's a course of action that will be implemented.
ImperturbableBrokenChimpanzee-max-1mb.gif

Right now, I just want to know that there's a course of action that will be implemented.
ImperturbableBrokenChimpanzee-max-1mb.gif
Plan is simple: do patch fixes while you can, then after EU opens you then look at what needs to be done.

With the World trilogy complete, and the WGA/SAG-AFTRA strikes around; I would imagine the ability to even consider a JW redo is limited right now due to the sake of things as they are; and my mind thinks they'd be willing to settle on small fixes that keeps this ride limping onward until the time comes to address the elephant in the room.

That is, unless if your signature animatronic Dino is now dead as a doornail; then in that case your guess is as good as mine.

Plan is simple: do patch fixes while you can, then after EU opens you then look at what needs to be done.

With the World trilogy complete, and the WGA/SAG-AFTRA strikes around; I would imagine the ability to even consider a JW redo is limited right now due to the sake of things as they are; and my mind thinks they'd be willing to settle on small fixes that keeps this ride limping onward until the time comes to address the elephant in the room.

That is, unless if your signature animatronic Dino is now dead as a doornail; then in that case your guess is as good as mine.
My guess is that by the time they get around to rethemeing JPRA, there will be some totally new iteration of the Jurassic franchise that they will go with.

But... there have been no fixes!

After riding today can confirm this is still in very rough shape. Ultrasaur Lagoon is empty, and there were a couple of dinos missing throughout the ride. I love the JP version of this attraction, but if switching to JW fixes the issues I’m down for it.

After riding today can confirm this is still in very rough shape. Ultrasaur Lagoon is empty, and there were a couple of dinos missing throughout the ride. I love the JP version of this attraction, but if switching to JW fixes the issues I’m down for it.
Missing dinos hopefully means they’re in repair at least, right?

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I'd hate to lose the feeling of those gates opening into Ultrasaur Lagoon here. The space is a lot more vast and immersive than it was at Hollywood's version, but when the first impression you get of the ride is dinos with little to no movement, or behind fences.. it sucks you out of the experience completely.

I just wonder how much new animatronics would actually cost? I read that the USJ replaced the Jaws ones back in 2021/2, which are sadly now static. I think we'd all love to see what is possible with the current technology, especially for the outdoor animatronics you actually get a proper look at during the ride.

Well, a refurb has been announced - but it looks more in line with annual maintenance.

Well, a refurb has been announced - but it looks more in line with annual maintenance.

Well, hopefully they can at least get the Ultrasaur working again.