Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Do you want River Adventure to get the Hollywood treatment or stay JP?

• Keep it JP

Votes: 114 38.3%
  • Bring on the iRex

Votes: 184 61.7%

• Total voters
That report was from July 29th, Im pretty sure I was in the park that day and the raptors did not function perfectly. Same crooked neck and lifeless body that it used to have.

After riding today, I thought that most of the animatronics that were there looked pretty good actually… emphasis on “were there.”

Ultrasaur and first hadrosaur still missing, no getting around that and it’s still a bummer. Second hadrosaur is stuck with head just above the water. Control booth raptor is obviously not “jumping” up and appeared to have one arm stuck behind its head, and baby stego’s mouth seemed to be stuck open but otherwise moving fine. Everyone else looked pretty good. Both of those small dinos that are usually behind the Ultrasaur were moving a lot, mama stego looked good, running raptor was moving FAST towards the fence, both Dilo’s moving good, and the rex looked great as usual (prob bc it’s the only animatronic that gets regular tlc.)

Anyways that’s my quick report on the ride today, far from it’s best condition but I still really love it.

If it makes you feel better Popeye was in FAR worse shape today. Every figure of Popeye himself was missing until the very end of the attraction. Other figures are missing entire limbs. I know the theming is not the main feature of the ride, but still frustrating to see.

That... does not make me feel better. I hesitate to ask how Dudley is faring.

If it makes you feel better Popeye was in FAR worse shape today. Every figure of Popeye himself was missing until the very end of the attraction. Other figures are missing entire limbs. I know the theming is not the main feature of the ride, but still frustrating to see.
Extremely disheartening.

I'm starting to feel like there needs to be a gentle calling-out of Universal for this stuff from fan circles on social media, and from people with influence in the fan community. I would like to see popular vloggers mentioning these things when they visit the parks, for example. Repeatedly.

Because I'm unconvinced that Universal sees this lack of attention to show-readiness as a problem. But it is a problem.

I rode yesterday and as mentioned above, the Ultrasaur is still gone. Wonder if he’s ever coming back. Seems like no for now. 1st parasaurolophus missing and second one stuck above water. 1st raptor does charge which is good, 2nd one has arm stuck behind its head. Dilo’s neck fans weren’t looking so great. Rex was amazing. I remember looking at a really old video of this ride and the 2nd raptor didn’t jump but it was dark at that part and they had a strobe light on which helped a lot. It’s really frustrating because right after Velocicoaster opened they had this ride looking and running the best it had in years. Everything minus the raptors were looking great. Now it’s just in terrible shape. I love Universal more than Disney, but even in the penny pinching era Disney is in right now, would they ever let any ride of theirs get this bad???? I don’t think so. I’m really losing hope and as a JP fanatic it makes me so sad.

Extremely disheartening.

I'm starting to feel like there needs to be a gentle calling-out of Universal for this stuff from fan circles on social media, and from people with influence in the fan community. I would like to see popular vloggers mentioning these things when they visit the parks, for example. Repeatedly.

Because I'm unconvinced that Universal sees this lack of attention to show-readiness as a problem. But it is a problem.
Isn't that good if the Popeye figures are removed? That means they are being refurbished right now and will be back. Not the first time this has happened and usually things get returned (but not the sharks, RIP)

Isn't that good if the Popeye figures are removed? That means they are being refurbished right now and will be back. Not the first time this has happened and usually things get returned (but not the sharks, RIP)
The JPRA animatronics have been missing indefinitely, so I don't think it's a given that removed figures will be back anytime soon.

I don't get this argument. If an attraction is not show-ready it should be closed for refurbishment. I'd rather miss out on an attraction (as I will in Japan very soon!) rather than see it deteriorate in front of me.

I don't get this argument. If an attraction is not show-ready it should be closed for refurbishment. I'd rather miss out on an attraction (as I will in Japan very soon!) rather than see it deteriorate in front of me.
So you'd rather Popeye be closed for 6 months instead of just removing some minor elements of the ride for refurb while remaining open? I think it's just not possible to do that at a theme park that is open year round, different rides would be closed for long periods of time at random times for minor things if that were the case.

Reactions: GA-MBIT