Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Rumor has it that there going to add giant Egyptian statues on each side end of the columns. Similar to what USH has had for years.

Soo similar to what Singapore has?

entrance-to-revenge-mummy-indoor-dark-ride-ancient-egypt-universal-studios-singapore-38650264.jpg

I really hope all of these changes are a precursor to getting rid of the “going behind the scenes” motif in the queue.

Might’ve worked in the past, but it’s just jarring now.

So you DON'T want to get yelled at for not having a cup of coffee for a small actor like Branden Fraiser?

I'm hurt. ;)

In all seriousness, I am betting they are going to phase out the rest of the Behind the Scenes motif over the course of the year, and changing the rest of what remains and the ending to match the rest of the attraction, to be more albeit like Singapore.

So you DON'T want to get yelled at for not having a cup of coffee for a small actor like Branden Fraiser?

I'm hurt. ;)

In all seriousness, I am betting they are going to phase out the rest of the Behind the Scenes motif over the course of the year, and changing the rest of what remains and the ending to match the rest of the attraction, to be more albeit like Singapore.
Honestly, going through and updating the ride with current projection mapping tech would be a huge improvement...Imagine instead of UV flashing lights, if they were mini screens and mummy's were flying at you

One time we let people in the queue pass us so we could watch the entire set-up. It's actually pretty funny when they take the medjai away from the poor crew guy (the same one with a hat who ends up mummified in the first show scene) and bad stuff starts happening to him! :grin:

Reactions: Mad Dog
One time we let people in the queue pass us so we could watch the entire set-up. It's actually pretty funny when they take the medjai away from the poor crew guy (the same one with a hat who ends up mummified in the first show scene) and bad stuff starts happening to him! :grin:
Yeah, we did that once too. It takes a while but it's worth it. It's actually a very entertaining story line, if you take the time to experience it.

Reactions: Skold
Mummy is the one ride that needs little tweaks and updating that would make a wonderful new experience. Since it's doubtful we'll see a Dark Universe tie-in, I'd love to see the Mummy from the 30's be the focus.

Change the story of the queue and ditch the "movie set" rooms. Ditch Reggie. Bring in a new Mummy AA at the beginning. Change the Throne Room up a bit. Ditch the black light cutouts for something a bit more realistic looking. Change the fake queue exit to just being a regular show scene. Change ending. BOOM!

I'm hurt. ;)

A tense serious queue like Kong would fit with the actual ride

The Brendan Fraser ending makes no sense when you go down the Express queue - as no behind the scenes’ scenes

Like the new thread title :)

I’ve probably ridden Mummy at least 50 times and never knew that mummified guy was part of the story in the queue. I always assumed he was from the movies, which I’ve never seen. Mind blown :wow:

Reactions: JMalez
The queue video is the funniest at the resort, minus the old JAWS video

A tense serious queue like Kong would fit with the actual ride

The Brendan Fraser ending makes no sense when you go down the Express queue - as no behind the scenes’ scenes

Like the new thread title :)
Speaking of queue vids, the ending actually ties into the queue video....I heard there was supposed to be some kind of different ending with the Mad-Jai which never happened due to cuts....But that was what I heard in 2004 haha

Reactions: Coasted
Mummy is the one ride that needs little tweaks and updating that would make a wonderful new experience. Since it's doubtful we'll see a Dark Universe tie-in, I'd love to see the Mummy from the 30's be the focus.

Change the story of the queue and ditch the "movie set" rooms. Ditch Reggie. Bring in a new Mummy AA at the beginning. Change the Throne Room up a bit. Ditch the black light cutouts for something a bit more realistic looking. Change the fake queue exit to just being a regular show scene. Change ending. BOOM!
Imo it should still be Imhotep though.

They moved the Entrance to the logical location under the attraction marquee in the middle of the courtyard. The lockers were moved to the old extended queue/old entrance area.
I knew about the lockers but didn’t realize this much had been done. Here’s to hoping this thing gets a proper refurb then!