Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Shrek 4-D Orlando

Shrek is truly terrible as a character, the whole thing is annoying, hes annoying, donkey is annoying, the jokes are annoying. It might be the most annoying ride in universal.

Maybe Im in the minority but I like this attraction. Its a nice filler on a rainy day or after an afternoon of rides on HRRR, Mummy, and/transformers. Kinda relaxing and I always loved the Shrek movies growing up. That being said, sad to see that we may not get a replacement for this come 2022 like I was hoping. Guess ill be back on it come April

Maybe Im in the minority but I like this attraction. Its a nice filler on a rainy day or after an afternoon of rides on HRRR, Mummy, and/transformers. Kinda relaxing and I always loved the Shrek movies growing up. That being said, sad to see that we may not get a replacement for this come 2022 like I was hoping. Guess ill be back on it come April
I'd agree it was relaxing if it weren't for the incredibly loud and unnecessary pneumatic chair movements distracting the whole time. Do we really need to bounce along with the horse galloping for this show? Really?

The movie ride as itself is kinda okay but the hot sweaty queue and the even hotter and more sweaty pre show makes me never want to see the ride ever again.
That pre show is unconfortable and very annoying to stand for. Same with the queue.
If it wasnt for horror nights i would never go near that building lol...

I'd agree it was relaxing if it weren't for the incredibly loud and unnecessary pneumatic chair movements distracting the whole time. Do we really need to bounce along with the horse galloping for this show? Really?
Okay fair. I haven't been on this in like 5 years probably and I did forget this issue. We always sat in the back and figured it was from that.... seems to be a problem everywhere.

The movie ride as itself is kinda okay but the hot sweaty queue and the even hotter and more sweaty pre show makes me never want to see the ride ever again.
That pre show is unconfortable and very annoying to stand for. Same with the queue.
If it wasnt for horror nights i would never go near that building lol...

Idk I think the pre-show is kinda cute. Again, I may just be very nostalgic for the Shrek franchise. I don't think I've ever waited more than 10 min to get into the queue though, absolutely not worth any longer wait than that.

Do you have any information on why all of these plans to replace Shrek 4D have been shelved ?
Indecisiveness and priorities shifting throughout the years.

I'm just glad that through it all, HHN managed to swoop in at the last minute and build a house there the last couple years. "What's that? You're not closing it as originally planned? Okay, we make a 10th house, thanks!"

They're building a new theme park. Simple as that.

I agree but if I'm not mistaking, JW coaster is the last official addition we know about (should be coming in 2021) and UEU is not expected to open until at least 2023, which gives a vacant spot for a new attraction coming to USF or IOA in 2022 and the IPs envisioned to replace Shrek are not going to be included in UEU...

I agree but if I'm not mistaking, JW coaster is the last official addition we know about (should be coming in 2021) and UEU is not expected to open until at least 2023, which gives a vacant spot for a new attraction coming to USF or IOA in 2022 and the IPs envisioned to replace Shrek are not going to be included in UEU...
Or Volcano Bay gets a new slide for 2022, and that's the new addition for the resort that year.

I mean, they could also just not open anything in 2022.

I'd say our best bet of getting something new at the Studios, will be the year AFTER the new park opens. Just like MiB opening after Islands of Adventure opened.

If anything happens any sooner, I will consider it a bonus, but I certainly would not count on it.

I'd say our best bet of getting something new at the Studios, will be the year AFTER the new park opens. Just like MiB opening after Islands of Adventure opened.

If anything happens any sooner, I will consider it a bonus, but I certainly would not count on it.
In my own head if I were UC, I’d have SLOP or a new Kidzone come 2024 to update that park after EU.

I don't mind this. Hollywood needs unique attractions.

Yeah, as a SoCal resident, i do appreciate Universal HW's string of exclusive attractions. Gives the park it's own identity and separates it from just being a "greatest hits" of Universal Orlando.

Still though, would kill a man to get a second Wizarding World attraction brought to the west coast. Still got my fingers crossed for Diagon Alley someday...