Future of Shrek 4-D Orlando | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Shrek 4-D Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is it true there are two Shrek theaters? I can't picture how this would be layed out.

It's still so wild to me that Shrek 4D originally opened with much of the Hitchcock infrastructure in place. To my understanding, everything from major set pieces to labeled show controls was still intact for the first couple years of operation, only getting torn out when waits ballooned to multiple hours (they even had to scrap Express for a little while)!

It's still so wild to me that Shrek 4D originally opened with much of the Hitchcock infrastructure in place. To my understanding, everything from major set pieces to labeled show controls was still intact for the first couple years of operation, only getting torn out when waits ballooned to multiple hours (they even had to scrap Express for a little while)!

Yup. I wouldn't be surprised if much of it is still inside. I know the big New York mural that was behind the Statue of Liberty model is still there.

So when you enter the preshow area sometimes you would enter the theater through a different set of doors? I feel like i"ve always entered the theater the same way, but I could just never have noticed

So when you enter the preshow area sometimes you would enter the theater through a different set of doors? I feel like i"ve always entered the theater the same way, but I could just never have noticed

It's frankly easy to miss. There's the original entrance that runs along the Plaza of the Stars (the main drag). The second theater's entrance is tucked on the other side of the building near the extended queue (where Asylum in Wonderland/Krampus devoted much of their queue space).

And re: @Jwhee - yeah, that doesn't shock me. I understand many of the old props and medium-sized set pieces are still lurking in upper floor storage areas. The Vertigo stairs were obviously repurposed, but yeah, they just sort of tore out the old exhibit areas/Psycho theater and plopped a new box in there... not at all "form fitting" to the space.

It's frankly easy to miss. There's the original entrance that runs along the Plaza of the Stars (the main drag). The second theater's entrance is tucked on the other side of the building near the extended queue (where Asylum in Wonderland/Krampus devoted much of their queue space).

And re: @Jwhee - yeah, that doesn't shock me. I understand many of the old props and medium-sized set pieces are still lurking in upper floor storage areas. The Vertigo stairs were obviously repurposed, but yeah, they just sort of tore out the old exhibit areas/Psycho theater and plopped a new box in there... not at all "form fitting" to the space.

Vertigo stairs the one in the gift shop?

The first theater, far left wall if you're facing the screen has a really crappy wall removal/ceiling Job that's very noticeable. Seems like some of the re-routing work they did from Hitch

Would love to see if anyone has some images of remnants like that from Hitchcock. :)

There was a YouTube video from Yesterworld recently that showed pictures of the Kongfrontation track still in the ceiling above The Mummy tracks and it's so cool to think about other remnants that you don't notice right away.
kongtrack.PNG kongtrack2.PNG

So now that Shrek 4D has closed in Osaka and Hollywood, how much longer does everyone think this has?

I said this to you if I'm not mistaken, that Shrek 4-D is not closed on Osaka.

The space it is in, usually; is flex, and that Shrek 4-D there is shared with a Sesame Street 4-D show.

As for Orlando, I don't think it's a priority for them right now to be frank.

It hasn't closed in Osaka. I think the success or failure of Shrek 5 will determine the future of this one in Orlando.
My hope would be that the success of the next Shrek film would convince them to do better than what we currently have at the park.

Just your friendly reminder that it is 2018 and Shrek 4D is still open with rumors of a replacement completely fizzling out over the last year. We've been talking about this closing since 2011 with so many different attractions rumored to replace it over the years and there it remains. How much longer do we think this thing will last? Anyone know if the Pets ride or the trackless Minions dark ride plans have been completely abandoned for this location or is it still just a matter of time?

I want that 2-story family dark ride and I want it now.

Just your friendly reminder that it is 2018 and Shrek 4D is still open with rumors of a replacement completely fizzling out over the last year. We've been talking about this closing since 2011 with so many different attractions rumored to replace it over the years and there it remains. How much longer do we think this thing will last? Anyone know if the Pets ride or the trackless Minions dark ride plans have been completely abandoned for this location or is it still just a matter of time?

I want that 2-story family dark ride and I want it now.
Plans (whatever they are currently) have not been abandoned, just perpetually put on hold, year after year.

Since they added that 10th house for HHN so late this year, I wonder if there was even plans to close it this fall. Not now though. Shrek 4D will outlive us all.

Shrek 4D will outlive us all.

This statement saddens me. I know everyone is excited about the new park but the supposedly accelerated schedule for the Lockheed land has really done a number on the short term future of the existing parks. I really hope Universal doesn't pull a Disney circa early 2000s and let their older parks stagnate. I'd actually rather have 2 parks with frequent additions like we've had than a mega resort with sporadic additions that are spread too thin across 3 parks and 2 water parks. If attraction spending remains the same but they just spread it out over a larger collection of gates that will be disappointing.

Reactions: BrenRays