Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Shrek 4-D Orlando

The only reason I can see for keeping Shrek is to have a space for an HHN house. Last time I did it was 2016. Shrek is a fairly large property that deserves a lot more than an old 3D show.
There's room around the park for them to add a tent for another house somewhere backstage. UC is most certainly not beholden to HHN. They aren't replacing Shrek right now because they're focusing on building a brand new park and spending a lot of money doing it.

It would be nice if they could make the hydraulics on the seats less noisy. They are so loud i feel like it totally takes you out of the movie...

Hey I "like" Shrek 4D but I won't shed any tears when it's finally replaced.... Maybe of joy. (I actually do find it more funny/entertaining than minions though :eek:ut:)

There is no hate for Shrek....Personally, I believe Shrek and Minions deserve a much more expansive attraction
That’s part of the problem with Shrek. The series provided a ton of areas to replicate and all we have is some shoddy theater experience. One that really isn’t good. Preshow is great and you’re excited and then, blah. I haven’t wasted my time on it in years and I can’t imagine guests leave with positive views. Replace it with SLOP then replace Kids Zone with Shrek/Dreamworks.

SLOP would be an ideal 2022 project for the resort. It'll reassure the public, after unannounced coaster and Bourne opens, that UO is still a family-friendly destination.

Shrek hosting an HHN maze doesn't really matter as they can always find space elsewhere in the park.
Could be wrong, but id think if this happens its 2024. I just don't think there is enough time, $, or resources before the park opens for it to make a 2022 deadline but I would LOVE to be wrong. Having this open before EU puts USF in much better shape.

Shrek has issues beyond the actual attraction, in that it’s one of the first things you come across when you enter the park, and it’s exceptionally underwhelming. It sets an unfortunate tone for the park, but is kind of in line with the reality of what comes next with Fallon, Minions, F&F & Simpson’s. The park needs work.

USH’s entrance feels grandiose in comparison.

While replacing Shrek 4D with SLOP makes all the sense in the world, many prominent insiders on here have said don't expect anything to happen to Shrek or anything else at USF until Epic Universe opens up :shrug:

There's room around the park for them to add a tent for another house somewhere backstage. UC is most certainly not beholden to HHN. They aren't replacing Shrek right now because they're focusing on building a brand new park and spending a lot of money doing it.
A new park can't be THAT expensive, right? ;)

While replacing Shrek 4D with SLOP makes all the sense in the world, many prominent insiders on here have said don't expect anything to happen to Shrek or anything else at USF until Epic Universe opens up :shrug:
No one knows what they have planned for 2022. If they do something before EU, I would expect it to be a singular attraction like SLoP. So I wouldn't count it out.

I don't think Comcast likes the idea of USF having only F&F and Bourne be the only things to have opened between 2018-2023.

Keep in mind that Universal wants to be selling 3-4 Day Tickets in 2023. The last thing they want is for people to decide between 1-2 parks only.

I don't think Comcast likes the idea of USF having only F&F and Bourne be the only things to have opened between 2018-2023.

Keep in mind that Universal wants to be selling 3-4 Day Tickets in 2023. The last thing they want is for people to decide between 1-2 parks only.
USF will have no issues selling tickets without a new attraction due to Diagon.

Right, but you want those people spending an entire day at USF, not a split day between IOA and USF.
It's the perceived value wave Disney World is surfing for a long time. Only MK could survive on its own, neither of the other parks would if the others wouldn't exist. But I think USF still packs enough value and entertainment on it's own but Uni should open at least 1 major ride when EU opens to balance it.

No one knows what they have planned for 2022. If they do something before EU, I would expect it to be a singular attraction like SLoP. So I wouldn't count it out.
This is the hope I needed. Ive said for a long time if I were an exec id do by best to bring this over before EU. Gets the family crowd over here a bit before EU opens, is a ride USF desperately needs, and hopefully is a relatively cheap clone.

For fun speculation, I've always figured they're going to close the Monsters cafe, maybe this is where they build their "Adopt a pet" shop?

I still don't understand the hatred for Shrek. There are other things that should be replaced first.
Aside the fact that second rate theme parks literally had the same ride?

Aside the fact that the video for the ride was literally on Netflix?

Say what you want about Fallon, Fear Factor, or F&F, at least they offered something you couldn't get elsewhere.