Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Star Tours (DHS)

It’s even weirder in Disneyland, being clear on the other side of the park. At least it’s only separated by a Muppet show in DHS.

It’s even weirder in Disneyland, being clear on the other side of the park. At least it’s only separated by a Muppet show in DHS.
Yeah, it’s not too far away from the land in DHS and the plot of the ride sort of makes it work with you landing in Batuu.

Does anyone know if this is randomized and incorporating the original and prequel options again? Or are they still only showing the sequel trilogy preset?

Does anyone know if this is randomized and incorporating the original and prequel options again? Or are they still only showing the sequel trilogy preset?

As of last September, it definitely seemed to be properly random. Rode three times, and got a mix of OT, prequel, and sequel stuff.

It’s random, but, if your first segment is new trilogy, you’ll get only new trilogy segments (Jakku, Crait and Batuu,) to keep congruity for your ride.

I prefer when I see older openings, because then I know I can get lots more randomized options for the rest of the ride.

It’s random, but, if your first segment is new trilogy, you’ll get only new trilogy segments (Jakku, Crait and Batuu,) to keep congruity for your ride.

I prefer when I see older openings, because then I know I can get lots more randomized options for the rest of the ride.
Yes, that's my preference too. I really enjoy this ride when the full scope of randomization is available. When it's basically the same sequence over and over, it's not nearly as entertaining. I think only having one mission, like Mission Space, is going to be a real drawback for repeat rides on the Smugglers Run ride, for me.

Yes, that's my preference too. I really enjoy this ride when the full scope of randomization is available. When it's basically the same sequence over and over, it's not nearly as entertaining. I think only having one mission, like Mission Space, is going to be a real drawback for repeat rides on the Smugglers Run ride, for me.
I imagine Smugglers Run will be receiving additional missions in the coming years.

I’m not sure if this is a popular or unpopular opinion. But, I think Disney just needs to retheme all of Echo Lake. Star Tours looks and feels like a Dinosuar now. Indiana Jones Stunt Show just screams the 80’s. The area itself just isn’t very exciting. You literally have a Dinosaur in the land. What a perfect icon to symbolize how old this section of the park is. I’m not really sure what they could do with this side of the park. If it were up to me I would bulldoze this entire section and finally give us an outdoor Indy coaster. I think it would be great because the left side of the park can be Lucas World. Echo lake is basically Lucas land from the 80’s. But, the Indy franchise is kinda dead right now. Not sure if Disney would really invest in Indy now. Yeah sure there’s still a movie coming. But who knows...

Last edited:
I’m not sure if this is a popular or unpopular opinion. But, I think Disney just needs to retheme all of Echo Lake. Star Tours looks and feels like a Dinosuar now. Indiana Jones Stunt Show just screams the 80’s. The area itself just isn’t very exciting. You literally have a Dinosaur in the land. What a perfect icon to symbolize how old this section of the park is. I’m not really sure what they could do with this side of the park. If it were up to me I would bulldoze this entire section and finally give us an outdoor Indy coaster. I think it would be great because the left side of the park can be Lucas World. Echo lake is basically Lucas land from the 80’s. But, the Indy franchise is kinda dead right now. Not sure if Disney would really invest in Indy now. Yeah sure there’s still a moving coming. But who knows...
It definitely needs to happen, I’m just not confident that it actually will anytime soon.

The one thing that’s for sure is that the shows at DHS are in desperate need of changing out. They next expansion at DHS needs to either be around the Echo Lake area or around Animation Courtyard, connecting TSL all the way down to RNRC.

Don’t we have a new Indy movie in the works?

Also, it really would be a shame to lose the stunt show. It’s definitely in need of a refresh, but a lot of it still stands up, and with some new tech/ideas, it could be as impressive as it was when it opened. Stunt shows are a dying breed, and one as impressive as Indy is hard to come by.

That being said, god I want an Indy dark ride so bad :lol:

It definitely needs to happen, I’m just not confident that it actually will anytime soon.

The one thing that’s for sure is that the shows at DHS are in desperate need of changing out. They next expansion at DHS needs to either be around the Echo Lake area or around Animation Courtyard, connecting TSL all the way down to RNRC.
Personally I feel that Echo Lake will eventually be entirely replaced. But it’s probably gonna be some Pixar IP. Disney sure loves Pixar. Indy just isn’t very marketable right now. I would LOVE a Monster Inc land. Incredibles could work as well.

Don’t we have a new Indy movie in the works?

Also, it really would be a shame to lose the stunt show. It’s definitely in need of a refresh, but a lot of it still stands up, and with some new tech/ideas, it could be as impressive as it was when it opened. Stunt shows are a dying breed, and one as impressive as Indy is hard to come by.

That being said, god I want an Indy dark ride so bad :lol:
Yeah there’s a movie in the works but Harrison Ford is almost 80 years old. The Last Indy movie was a critical mixed bag. So I’m just not sure Disney is willing to invest in the franchise anymore in there parks. To be honest I really hope the Indy franchise is never rebooted. Not to get political but they will probably reboot it with a female lead. James *cough* Bond.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hot Take: They should roll back this attraction to just the prequels and OG trilogy destinations and leave the new land as the place to find new trilogy content. It'll appease all fans.
I mean, having the New Trilogy stuff in here is definitely overkill now, but I sort of think they should just bulldoze the entirety of Echo Lake - Including Star Tours, the Sounds Dangerous theater and the Frozen show... Much like they did when taking out SoA, BLT and LMA. There's a ton of land to play with in that area and even backstage land that can be used for expansion.

Also, can we get this park a fireworks show that showcases more than just Star Wars? And a parade again? I mean seriously.

Having Star Tours in the park just seems a bit pointless now we have GE. I love Star Tours but lets just have all the Star Wars stuff in it's land now.

Current discussion on this thread is probably more suited to the DHS overhaul one, but I for one like Echo lake, but I'm also very vocal about the park needing a water ride and me needing an e-ticket indy ride.
The perfect solution is Indy Shanghai Pirates tech E Ticket, maybe part outdoor to add some kinetic energy to the area. (I'm just gonna keep saying this in the hope that it will eventually happen!)

Having Star Tours in the park just seems a bit pointless now we have GE. I love Star Tours but lets just have all the Star Wars stuff in it's land now.

Current discussion on this thread is probably more suited to the DHS overhaul one, but I for one like Echo lake, but I'm also very vocal about the park needing a water ride and me needing an e-ticket indy ride.
The perfect solution is Indy Shanghai Pirates tech E Ticket, maybe part outdoor to add some kinetic energy to the area. (I'm just gonna keep saying this in the hope that it will eventually happen!)

Indoor/outdoor Indy dark ride with shanghai pirate tech and 3-4 drops is my ideal attraction

I mean that whole area , echo lake etc would be perfect for an Avengers Campus alas we can't have that.
We could’ve had a version of a Superhero area (obviously not an Avengers area), but Disney put GotG in Epcot and killed any possibility of that happening.

I’m not sure if this is a popular or unpopular opinion. But, I think Disney just needs to retheme all of Echo Lake. Star Tours looks and feels like a Dinosuar now. Indiana Jones Stunt Show just screams the 80’s. The area itself just isn’t very exciting. You literally have a Dinosaur in the land. What a perfect icon to symbolize how old this section of the park is. I’m not really sure what they could do with this side of the park. If it were up to me I would bulldoze this entire section and finally give us an outdoor Indy coaster. I think it would be great because the left side of the park can be Lucas World. Echo lake is basically Lucas land from the 80’s. But, the Indy franchise is kinda dead right now. Not sure if Disney would really invest in Indy now. Yeah sure there’s still a movie coming. But who knows...
But 50’s Prime Time Cafe is popular and needs to stay. Don’t forget about the Roger Rabbit silhouette.