Future Universal Projects and Parks | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

Future Universal Projects and Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A new attraction at each park every year changes things up significantly. Speculation through the end of the decade:

2016: Kong and Furious
2017: Fallon and Marvel
2018: Kidzone's replacement and a new Suess ride
2019: Ministry of Magic and Lost Continent's replacement

I wonder if this includes Volcano Bay as well. All I can say is "Holy construction Batman!"

Last edited:
Other info from the earnings call:

- More aggressive hotel builds in the next 5 years.

- Expect a new attraction at EACH PARK EVERY YEAR moving forward thanks to the recent success.

Diagon Alley was really a failure for them, huh?
What ever happened to those posters that kept saying Diagon was a failure & wasn't meeting revenue projections? They were pretty vocal around here for a while. Now I can hear the crickets chirping. Congratulations to the Universal fans for packing the parks in appreciation of new immersive lands & attractions.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Harry Potter, but also give a big thank you to Cabana Bay. I would bet Cabana may be the biggest profit maker for them now, but only because the people want to come to Uni in the first place.
Yes, Cabana was pure genius. A moderate hotel with value rates. We loved the hotel. It was way above our expectations. The pool areas are fantastic at night.

A new attraction at each park every year changes things up significantly. Speculation through the end of the decade:

I wonder if this includes Volcano Bay as well. All I can say is "Holy construction Batman!"

I could be wrong, but I imagine that Fallon would come first then Fast and Furious.

I don't think they can get F&F done by 2016. They'd have to start tomorrow and have even more money thrown at it than Transformers.

My guess:

2016: New Hulk, Kong, Either Fallon or rumored USF Coaster project
2017: Furious, More Marvel Work, Either Fallon or rumored USF coaster project, Wondersea/Volcano
2018: Marvel E-ticket, KidZone work

Plan on staying at Cabana in 2017 to bookend a Disney cruise. We like the family suite and the bowling alley on site. We are waiting to see the Sapphire when done though.

With the adition of hotel rooms there is an aditional need for rides. That is exactly what Uni is doing. Jaws (huge are) out and 2 rides in (and shops, shows and restaurants and interactive wand experiance) and Simpsons (added ride, dining options, bar). The goes for Kong, new area, nothing is leaving.
I expect they are replacing realy dead area's (like kids zone) or empty lots (next to men in black) before they trash a people eater like Disaster. It's not that they won't be replaced, I'm sure they will. But adding stuff is more logical for now.

I expect they are replacing realy dead area's (like kids zone) or empty lots (next to men in black) before they trash a people eater like Disaster. It's not that they won't be replaced, I'm sure they will. But adding stuff is more logical for now.

Disaster will close early in 2016. Disaster, the ride system, is more or less crawling to the finish line.

Not saying things like the KidZone project won't also be happening, but Disaster will close in 2016.

Diagon Alley expansion added apx. 8,000 to the park capacity, per Seth Kubersky. Though it only replaced the Jaws area, that's a huge increase in places to go & things to do. Using the same space in a way that greatly increases capacity is a unique way to expand park operations when you're limited in space. I would expect Universal to continue expanding in that manner.

Diagon Alley is it's own Shopping/Dining/Entertainment complex. Not all that different than I-Drive 360. The area is a people eater.

My big question is Burke said aggressive hotel build over the next 5 years. Sapphire is taking the last piece of available land at the existing resort. So I am guessing that we will some action at the WnW area sooner rather than later.

Diagon Alley is it's own Shopping/Dining/Entertainment complex. Not all that different than I-Drive 360. The area is a people eater.

My big question is Burke said aggressive hotel build over the next 5 years. Sapphire is taking the last piece of available land at the existing resort. So I am guessing that we will some action at the WnW area sooner rather than later.

Was thinking the very same thing.

i was hoping it was true & they were changing the name to, "Much More Fun, Fun Spot"

"It's Much More HUGE!"

Given that the Doubletree by Universal is going to lose its branding in 2016, what are the odds Universal acquires that and opens a new resort there? That would seem like an 'aggressive' move to create more rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.