Future WDW Additions/Expansion | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Future WDW Additions/Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder if eventually we could see MK essentially do what TDL is doing with Space Mountain to deal with the problem that aging attraction poses. I wonder how similar Space Mountain Earthrise is to TRON, but other than that I do wonder if we could see that version cloned eventually.

I wonder if eventually we could see MK essentially do what TDL is doing with Space Mountain to deal with the problem that aging attraction poses. I wonder how similar Space Mountain Earthrise is to TRON, but other than that I do wonder if we could see that version cloned eventually.
Supposedly, Space Mountain Earthrise will use the same tech as Cosmic Rewind, so I don't think it's very likely that Florida will ever see it. Two space-themed rotating coasters might be too much for one resort.

Supposedly, Space Mountain Earthrise will use the same tech as Cosmic Rewind, so I don't think it's very likely that Florida will ever see it. Two space-themed rotating coasters might be too much for one resort.
Beat me to it lol. I was literally typing my post out saying the same thing right as you posted yours. I do hope WDWs version of Space Mountain gets revamped though, would be nice to have something on par with DLs and not a worser version of Matterhorn!

Reactions: Freak and GA-MBIT
Supposedly, Space Mountain Earthrise will use the same tech as Cosmic Rewind, so I don't think it's very likely that Florida will ever see it. Two space-themed rotating coasters might be too much for one resort
Earthrise is actually Intamin and not Vekoma based on construction photos, so I'm not sure if there's any shared tech on the ride vehicle front.

Well whatever the case, MKs Space Mountain is long overdue for a massive refurbishment with a track replacement at the very least.

I can't watch that video yet, but based on what's in that thumbnail... that would be pretty cool, and a natural extension of Big Thunder Mountain's general aesthetics. I'd much rather see Radiator Springs Racers than the other rumor for the expansion's E-ticket (the Soarin' 3.0 concept).

It would be a slight bummer for California Adventure to no longer have a major, totally unique draw, though.

I think Cars for DHS is more likely, I just can't wrap my head around Cars in MK. Not against it entirely, but DHS just needs it more than MK.

It would be a slight bummer for California Adventure to no longer have a major, totally unique draw, though.
It's already 12 (probably 20 by the time it finishes construction lol) years old, it'll be fine to duplicate it over here now. It's a great attraction and most WDW guests don't even know it exists. And while it's the same ride system as Test Track, the experience is very different.

Eh. I love RSR, but we already have the same ride in Epcot... We don't need a clone of a clone. We need new stuff that isn't already in the States or just something completely new that isn't at any other park.
Like I mentioned before your post, RSR is a vastly different experience than Test Track. Same ride system, but the dark ride/racing portions are different enough than Test Track.

Also the Cadillac Range alone is a stunning piece of theming that I'd love to have at WDW.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Putting RSR into MK seems…really out of place. I realize RAR feels different from Test Track, but cloning a ride that will be almost 20 years old by the time it opens seems really off.

Also I know RSR has some differences from it, but Teat Track is already similar and it’s at the same resort. I don’t think it makes sense.

I kinda wish they kept Encanto for MK as I think they could really use a trackless ride there.

Like I mentioned before your post, RSR is a vastly different experience than Test Track. Same ride system, but the dark ride/racing portions are different enough than Test Track.

Also the Cadillac Range alone is a stunning piece of theming that I'd love to have at WDW.
I just rather it stay at DCA as an exclusive. At least if you're going to do a similar ride to RSR/Test Track, use a different IP. Imagine a Moana ride using that same system. Like instead of a Car it's a boat, a mix combo of Frozen Ever After+RSR but for Moana. That would be really cool!

Explore Bon Voyage GIF by Disney Princess

I can never understand the hate for cloning an excellent attraction that's 3,000 miles away in another park. The number of guests that experience both WDW and Disneyland is so small that it's really inconsequential compared to the mass numbers of the general public. I don't think the company would make a decision based on that very small proportion of potential guests, with the exception of an exclusivity clause that might exist in an international park. If it's good, bring it on.

I can never understand the hate for cloning an excellent attraction that's 3,000 miles away in another park. The number of guests that experience both WDW and Disneyland is so small that it's really inconsequential compared to the mass of the general public.
I just want new rides/experiences. I don't care if they clone the system over to another park whether it's DHS/MK, but do something different with it at least. Like I said before: use another IP. Preferably Moana. That movie was the most streamed movie on any streaming service last year, a whole 8 years after it was released in theaters and we have a sequel coming in November. Cars however hasn't had a new movie in 7 years and while still popular, isn't culturally relevant right now. Moana, Encanto, Zootopia, even Inside Out are all more relevant Disney IPs at the moment and would make more sense than a full-on clone of something that's 12 years old.

Reactions: grlhowl and GA-MBIT
I think a major reason I like the Radiator Springs Racers idea is because it would feel like such a natural transition from the area around Big Thunder.

And, again, if it's a choice between that and another version of Soarin'/Flight of Passage, I'll absolutely take the ride that shares its ride system with Test Track. I think they're different enough (and even if they weren't, let's not forget that this is the resort that once opened both Star Tours and Body Wars at nearly the same time!).

I can never understand the hate for cloning an excellent attraction that's 3,000 miles away in another park. The number of guests that experience both WDW and Disneyland is so small that it's really inconsequential compared to the mass of the general public.
I wouldn't say it's "hate."

I just like the idea of each park having at least one major attraction that is unique to it.

Like I said before: use another IP. Preferably Moana.
It sounds like you probably are getting a Moana attraction.

In Adventureland!

It sounds like you probably are getting a Moana attraction.

In Adventureland!
I was just spit-balling an idea/my personal preference. I do get what you're saying about it fitting in with BTM but I would take literally any other IP over Cars

I'm definitely of the mind that the only reason to clone an attraction is if you cannot access it without going to another country. I'm largely fine with Epcot getting Rat from Paris, Epic getting Donkey Kong Country from Japan, Hong Kong DL getting Frozen Ever After, because the hurdles required for someone from Country A to make it to Country B are prominent enough that to 98% of the general public, these are brand new rides.

I think it's the cross country clones (Indiana Jones Adventure, Radiator Springs, Pandora) that feel a little bit less cool for me. With a little bit of planning and some extra funds here and there, I can pretty easily make it from Florida to Cali. I'd rather my experience be interesting, varied, and new rather than skipping the entirety of Star Wars Land because it's an identical clone.

There are certainly exceptions, probably just personal preferences like Pirates of the Caribbean, SNW, Soarin', but largely I like parks within the same country to be unique amongst themselves.

Epcot - Clarified that Inside Out is not a Figment replacement, he's heard that it'll just have its own new attraction in Epcot's future. Also said to keep an eye out for one more Epcot announcement at D23 this year.
You have the empty Wonders of Life pavilion that would be perfect candidate for an Inside Out attraction which I’ve been saying for years.

Maybe the Mary Poppins project is back on the table or another ride for World Showcase. Hopefully the SSE update is announced soon because it literally is the lifeblood of that park.

Reactions: HHN Maddux