Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Update: They just announced its running again. The “hour-long” wait thing is a script they read from for announcements.
Ok now im getting pissed. Now things are just getting silly. What if people hopped out of line after that announcement?? The ops of this ride are officially starting to be a problem, for me atleast.

Ok now im getting pissed. Now things are just getting silly. What if people hopped out of line after that announcement?? The ops of this ride are officially starting to be a problem, for me atleast.

I mean, I think they are better over estimating the downtime then under... Good to know it could be up to an hour, and then you can choose to wait it out in hopes it is shorter, or peace.

You would always rather overestimate than underestimate with operations. Guests are way less understanding when an attraction downtime lasts longer than stated rather than the opposite. There's no winning unfortunately, so you go with the better option that's less likely to be a lie that runs the risk of "ruining a guest's day".

I mean, I think they are better over estimating the downtime then under... Good to know it could be up to an hour, and then you can choose to wait it out in hopes it is shorter, or peace.
You would always rather overestimate than underestimate with operations. Guests are way less understanding when an attraction downtime lasts longer than stated rather than the opposite. There's no winning unfortunately, so you go with the better option that's less likely to be a lie that runs the risk of "ruining a guest's day".

Alicia said that announcement was read from a script, there should be no default script of an hour delay when the attraction can potentially be running in 20mins? They should know by now if its a brief or extended delay just like any other attraction. It's not a good look

Alicia said that announcement was read from a script, there should be no default script of an hour delay when the attraction can potentially be running in 20mins? They should know by now if its a brief or extended delay just like any other attraction. It's not a good look

No offense, but that's simply not how it works. I worked in Operations for 2 years at Universal and 5 months at Disney and things can change out of nowhere. You can have a technical error that seems like it could take hours to get fixed suddenly work when the techs try "one last thing" for the hundredth time. Something could suddenly work after 42 prior tries. Etc. It doesn't matter if the attraction is new or old. It's simply something that can happen. Technology is a weird thing. Management always wants to ensure that guests are updated and if things aren't looking good, they're going to give those spiels to let guests know ASAP to prevent any complaints of not being kept in the loop.

They played the “brief delay” prerecorded message 5 times before moving on to the live human saying up to an hour or more spiel. Maybe it kicks in after x amount of mins of downtime.

Obviously spieling (and repair time) varies from attraction to attraction, but it's totally possible that they switched to the live human "hour or longer" delay spiel because they thought they were about to have to evac only for the issue to get repaired at the last moment since you said guests were riding when it went down.

Obviously spieling (and repair time) varies from attraction to attraction, but it's totally possible that they switched to the live human "hour or longer" delay spiel because they thought they were about to have to evac only for the issue to get repaired at the last moment since you said guests were riding when it went down.
Ok i see, i really didnt know that things were that literal. From the outside looking in it seems as advanced as these new attractions are they would know the fix, not have to go figure it out? Good to know none the less.

Edit: also it is new so i guess the ride is still to be learned.

Ok i see, i really didnt know that things were that literal. From the outside looking in it seems as advanced as these new attractions are they would know the fix, not have to go figure it out? Good to know none the less
No worries! Like I said, definitely not trying to attack or anything. I just know how confusing these things can be from the outside and some clarification can be nice. Rides are weird, weird machines. Sometimes, the fix is extremely simple and something you can do with the push of a button. You don't hear about those. Other times, it could be a sensor or something else malfunctioning causing a ride error/stop requiring the techs to investigate. And then there's a huge multitude of other possibilities. There can be a lot of testing with it all too. The techs don't always immediately know what is exactly causing the issue, so they have to go out and troubleshoot a number of different things. It's a very hit or miss thing unfortunately. And then at the same time, management is rushing around, counting down how long the ride has been down, hovering over everyone (understandably), and waiting to make whatever call is necessary.

No worries! Like I said, definitely not trying to attack or anything. I just know how confusing these things can be from the outside and some clarification can be nice. Rides are weird, weird machines. Sometimes, the fix is extremely simple and something you can do with the push of a button. You don't hear about those. Other times, it could be a sensor or something else malfunctioning causing a ride error/stop requiring the techs to investigate. And then there's a huge multitude of other possibilities. There can be a lot of testing with it all too. The techs don't always immediately know what is exactly causing the issue, so they have to go out and troubleshoot a number of different things. It's a very hit or miss thing unfortunately. And then at the same time, management is rushing around counting how long the ride has been down hovering over everyone (understandably) waiting to make whatever call is necessary.
Wow. I Gave them too much credit lol. I feel a lot more safe now.