Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

I feel like if that were the case it would have been amended and not deleted entirely by whoever is overseeing the GR twitter account.

Brian - I'm sorry but if you were stuck in that line for 6 hours, 2 hours being in the room with no A/C, I don't think this would have been your response sir. Did you know one of the switch back rooms is lacking any air circulation or air conditioning? Or was that not included on the media tour?

You need to check that tone. Completely uncalled for. You can disagree with me, but potshots are not necessary.

This is a particularly bad example of what happens when different parts of these billion dollar resorts doing a very poor job of communicating and planing together. But when you have basically a different company build it than the ones that have to market it, maintain, and operate it bad things can happen. All these different business units have different goals, agendas and timeliness. And the same thing is true of Imagineering and TDO so I'm not sure how you even fix it.
It seems the only times they have major opening issues is when they attempt a hard date late May/June/July opening. Seems like everything falls into place better when they have the luxury of taking their time during the off season. Marketing may need to stay out of it.

It seems the only times they have major opening issues is when they attempt a hard date late May/June/July opening. Seems like everything falls into place better when they have the luxury of taking their time during the off season. Marketing may need to stay out of it.

I also have to wonder if WB/JKR played any part in the push to get it opened.

We also have to remember these are human beings on the other side. I'm sure they're getting bombarded with complaints. It's only natural to have a slip up and respond curtly. We all make mistakes.
The response was incredibly unprofessional and not something I would expect from a world class resort. I bet someone got fired, or at least a written warning. And someone in upper management needs to reach out to the guest and apologize and throw a lot of free stuff at them.

The response was incredibly unprofessional and not something I would expect from a world class resort. I bet someone got fired, or at least a written warning. And someone in upper management needs to reach out to the guest and apologize and throw a lot of free stuff at them.

Counterpoint: It wasn't that bad. Stuff happens. People need to toughen up.

Who thinks its a good idea to stay in a line that is approaching 6 hours of waiting?

Seriously. I'm sorry, the situation sucks, but at some point I lose my sympathy.

I hope not. As I said, it definitely could've been worded better but I think it was an honest mistake. Ever since the opening, they've allowed guests to come and go as they wish, as long as they had a ticket to reenter. When we tried to ride Monday, groups were leaving to get dinner to bring back to their family in line. I've been in their shoes... for a certain cruise company when a ship had a incident in the Gulf, it can be highly stressful and sometimes responses are reacted to not as originally intended.

it was supposed to be a joke.

Sorry! :bonk:

I also have to wonder if WB/JKR played any part in the push to get it opened.

Tangentially, don't you find it a bit odd neither WWoHP land has nothing to do with the new Potter mobile game? Just seems like an odd choice by all parties. Could be some cool unique content. I know it could well happen at some point, but still.

The social media gaffe on the Hollywood end of things was arguably much worse... granted, apples to oranges...

Either way... not the best day for PR.

Is it open?

I’m in Studios right now but is it worth going to with one hour left of park hours?

Open according to the app.

Tangentially, don't you find it a bit odd neither WWoHP land has nothing to do with the new Potter mobile? Just seems like an odd choice by all parties. Could be some cool unique content. I know it could well happen at some point, but still.

If nothing else it should make for some fun AR photos

Counterpoint: It wasn't that bad. Stuff happens. People need to toughen up.

Seriously. I'm sorry, the situation sucks, but at some point I lose my sympathy.
But that is not how Customer Relations work. You remain cordial and professional even when it gets to the point you are calling security. That is why most people aren't cut out for Customer Relations. It's really hard not to tell the guest to stuff it.

But that is not how Customer Relations work. You remain cordial and professional even when it gets to the point you are calling security. That is why most people aren't cut out for Customer Relations. It's really hard not to tell the guest to stuff it.

And again, they may have intended it with the most cordial of responses, but with everyone on high stress - it stands out and came across differently.

One twitter user was saying the line was posted at 3 hours, even when they hit the 5 hour wait mark. And that there was no internal queue dialogue from any team members walking around or managers.

Sounds like it was a rough day.

It just boggles my mind how thick in the head some people are about never-before-seen rides not running at 100% right off the bat. Gringotts has tilt track elements, spinning ride vehicles and a launch with a kuka arm sitting in the ride envelope. Hagrids has 7 launches, automatic switch track, backwards sequence, more auto switch track, drop track, MORE auto switch track, and a moving platform load system.

The people complaining are exactly why parks don’t push the boundaries like they used to. I complain about Universal when it’s warranted but at least they have some effing balls when it comes to new ride development. Go ride Fast and Furious if you want reliability, clearly you’re not mature enough to wait for the new stuff.