Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

It seems like the reviews are universally fantastic for this ride. After waiting so long to ride it, it's possible some people will inflate the review to justify the personal cost of waiting for 3,4,7, or 9 hours.

Is it really that good? Basically sounds like it's the best ride in either park based on early reviews?

Can someone who rode it chime in from that perspective? Is the early press legit?

Or a little over exuberant?

Asking because I hope it's legit.

It seems like the reviews are universally fantastic for this ride. After waiting so long to ride it, it's possible some people will inflate the review to justify the personal cost of waiting for 3,4,7, or 9 hours.

Is it really that good? Basically sounds like it's the best ride in either park based on early reviews?

Can someone who rode it chime in from that perspective? Is the early press legit?

Or a little over exuberant?

Asking because I hope it's legit.

Peep the review thread. I haven’t seen any negative review at all. On here, on social media, by anyone.

I believe it is the best ride in either park, by far, and one of the best I’ve been on ever. This includes international and domestic theme parks both in the Florida area and Midwest. It is thrilling without being overkill on the nausea like most universal rides, and it has the animatronic and nostalgia factor that I love in all my rides. That’s why I personally love Disney parks better, but I would argue this is the best ride in the area. They did goood in not doing a screen ride. I was giddy in riding this, laughing and screaming and just in bliss seeing the creatures and not anticipating anything (I avoided footage). I waited 2 hours today, if that, but was willing to wait upwards of 5 to ride again in the dark just because it was the ride most worth my while in the parks; and this is precious allotment of time as we aren’t locals and we don’t come yearly. I didn’t have a chance to ride again due to delays then capacity, a problem I hope they figure soon, but when it is working properly I’m in love. My party of agreed. The motorcycle theme worked SO well. It made it THAT much more thrilling.

I have to ask, but for those who got the chance to experience this ride, is there any bias towards being a huge Potter fan? Would this ride have changed your mind if you weren't a Potterhead? I don't mean this with any negative connotations. I don't doubt that this ride is a winner when operating smoothly. I'm just curious if some people are giving leeway to its faulty opening and extreme wait times because of their loyalty to Potter. I'm just trying to get an honest assessment of the ride despite the IP involved.

I have to ask, but for those who got the chance to experience this ride, is there any bias towards being a huge Potter fan? Would this ride have changed your mind if you weren't a Potterhead? I don't mean this with any negative connotations. I don't doubt that this ride is a winner when operating smoothly. I'm just curious if some people are giving leeway to its faulty opening and extreme wait times because of their loyalty to Potter. I'm just trying to get an honest assessment of the ride despite the IP involved.
I'm the furthest from a Potterhead, but that doesn't affect my enjoyment of the rides. Sure, it'd be nice to know the backstories, or who some of the characters are, but that doesn't hinder the enjoyment. I'd say it's even easier with Hagrid's, because they're not directly referencing any place we've seen in the films, rather a fabrication specifically for the park itself. It being self-contained kind of helps it for the GP.

I'm the furthest from a Potterhead, but that doesn't affect my enjoyment of the rides. Sure, it'd be nice to know the backstories, or who some of the characters are, but that doesn't hinder the enjoyment. I'd say it's even easier with Hagrid's, because they're not directly referencing any place we've seen in the films, rather a fabrication specifically for the park itself. It being self-contained kind of helps it for the GP.

Awesome. We liked the first four movies and books, lost interest after that but know enough to understand most of the two worlds ok. Glad to hear the ride itself, not being a Potterhead, seems to be accounting for te positive reviews.

my kids have been known to troll the crowds by referring to dumbledore as Gandalf and intentionally mispronouncing hermoine's name as her-moyn, then enjoying everyone jumping into action to educate them.

If anyone thinks that new Potter attractions get preferential reviews due to Potter fandom should have been reading these forums when the Gringotts review thread was alive. There were a slew of middlin to bad reviews, that probably outnumbered the good reviews. That's the main reason I'm convinced Hagrid's love is the real thing. It has the same breakdown problems and long lines as Gringotts, but it's getting universal acclaim nonetheless. That tells me a lot. I've always thought it would be a great ride and now I'm convinced it is. Can't wait to ride it in Nov....and yes, now i'm more psyched for this than an entire GESWL without RotR yet. I think I'll definitely do the night ride first.

I feel like this is absolutely the happy middle ground between appeasing Potter fans and also not needing to know the lore whatsoever to enjoy the ride. The story isn't as in-depth & in-your-face as Forbidden Journey's or Gringotts', so it's extremely easy to just ignore it and get caught up in the coaster itself with how absolutely nonstop it is. But for a Potter fan, it's still incredible to see the animatronics, scenes, etc. and get to ride on Hagrid's bike. My father has zero interest in the books/movies and this is without a doubt the Potter ride I find the easiest to recommend to him.

So im planning to go and ride it again next week friday. What timeframe would u suggest to go and stand in line untill its opens without having to wait more then +- 180 mins

So im planning to go and ride it again next week friday. What timeframe would u suggest to go and stand in line untill its opens without having to wait more then +- 180 mins
I suggest getting in line at 9 at park open. Get on around noon-ish. 3 hour wait. I suggest getting on as soon as possible before breakdowns or bad weather.

Personally, I would rather wait 3 hours and get on than get in a posted 3-hour Wait only to be stuck if it breaks down or bad weather approaches.

Of course, things are changing everyday, and hopefully it keeps getting more reliable, and maybe even starts opening earlier by then.

If anyone thinks that new Potter attractions get preferential reviews due to Potter fandom should have been reading these forums when the Gringotts review thread was alive. There were a slew of middlin to bad reviews, that probably outnumbered the good reviews. That's the main reason I'm convinced Hagrid's love is the real thing. It has the same breakdown problems and long lines as Gringotts, but it's getting universal acclaim nonetheless. That tells me a lot. I've always thought it would be a great ride and now I'm convinced it is. Can't wait to ride it in Nov....and yes, now i'm more psyched for this than an entire GESWL without RotR yet. I think I'll definitely do the night ride first.

Just read some reviews from when Gringotts was opened and...you and I are reading a very different thread. Doesn't necessarily mean the glowing reviews for this won't sour with time, though.

EDIT: Gah gotta keep track of my negatives.

Last edited: