Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

It does seem to be getting better with downtime, even though it's still opening late. The weather this week is supposed to get real rainy again, though - so it may be short-lived.

I wouldn’t call opening at 2pm “getting better”, but you're welcome to sugarcoat it all you want.

...and we’re down. :bonk:

I’m a few people away from the Stand-by/Single Rider merge.

EDIT: They’re now classifying it as an “extended delay” which normally means an hour or more.

Last edited:
Update: it’s broken down again.

There’s a sense of unease in this queue. Not because of anyone being scared to ride, but more “I hope it can just stay open long enough for me to ride”. Hearing many people say this is their third and fourth attempts at riding.

Update 2: It’s back up.

Update 3: *walks 5 feet and am literally at the load* - Broken down again.

Last edited:
Update: it’s broken down again.

There’s a sense of unease in this queue. Not because of anyone being scared to ride, but more “I hope it can just stay open long enough for me to ride”. Hearing many people say this is their third and fourth attempts at riding.

Some people have gotten lucky and ridden multiple times with long waits... some have been unlucky and tried multiples time and been flushed from the queue never to ride... I feel for that segment of park goers.

For any of you surprised by Hagrid, I remember gringotts being down time after time during the opening day.

As we were standing in line, we’d hear an announcement that the ride was “now operational,” people would cheer, we’d stand up and hope to move forward a few feet.

Fast forward about 10 minutes and we would hear, “we are experiencing brief technical difficulties”.. everyone sighed and would sit on the floor.

Waited 4 hours for one of my gringotts rides. The ride proceeded this way for a few weeks. Pretty standard with UNI in first few weeks with advanced new ride systems.

Last edited:
For any of you surprised by Hagrid, I remember gringotts being down time after time during the opening day.

As we were standing in line, we’d hear an announcement that the ride was “now operational,” people would cheer, we’d stand up and hope to move forward a few feet.

Fast forward about 10 minutes and we would hear, “we are experiencing brief technical difficulties”.. everyone sighed and would sit on the floor.

Waited 4 hours for one of my gringotts rides. The ride proceeded this way for a few weeks. Pretty standard with UNI in first few weeks with advanced new ride systems.

I'm pretty sure this is much worse than Gringotts. I don't recall that ride opening so late in the day

Hey Guys/Gals. I'm going to be in Orlando mid August. Portofino as always! Do you guys think the early admission will make a difference when riding this ride? How early should I get to the gate? I'm assuming there isn't express as of yet. I know it's over a month away but I'm stoked to ride this so I'm being a bit irrational with the questions so early!!

Hey Guys/Gals. I'm going to be in Orlando mid August. Portofino as always! Do you guys think the early admission will make a difference when riding this ride? How early should I get to the gate? I'm assuming there isn't express as of yet. I know it's over a month away but I'm stoked to ride this so I'm being a bit irrational with the questions so early!!
I sure hope it is running better come August. I'm sure early park admission will be a good bet

People: “we want more physical rides. There’s too many 3D screen rides”

Hagrid:
giphy.gif

Seriously, this ride is amazing. I ended up waiting 1 hour and 50 minutes (in line at 6:10 and out around 8:00) and I’d do it all again. The ride has a way of making you forget how long you waited as you walk off with such a high. They’ve really gotta iron out those kinks, but I’m sure they’ll get there.

I’ll have a more thought out review later when I get home in the review thread.

I don't believe they've scheduled early admission for IOA in August at this point in time. You may want to monitor the Universal website to see which park it will be . They've kind of stayed away from IOA the last few months with the Hagrid coaster opening waiting.