Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Speaking of AAs, how close a look do you get of hagrid in the ride? they made a big deal about how realistic and fluid has movement was and from the POVs it seems like you barely have time to notice him.

Speaking of AAs, how close a look do you get of hagrid in the ride? they made a big deal about how realistic and fluid has movement was and from the POVs it seems like you barely have time to notice him.
You slow for the turn and power by at a few miles an hour before you launch again. Maybe 10 seconds of slow or so. You certainly get a good look at him.

What makes you say it isn't doing it now?
You’re basically a caricature of yourself now.

The left head definitely moved on opening day, and as late as last week definitely no longer moves.
It hasn’t moved in months. Not when I was there in September and not when I was there this week. In fact, because that’s always been one of the reports “left fluffy head still broke”; I always make it a point to look.

@JoeCamel explained it pretty well. But for me, there is so much going on, that you don’t really just stare at one AA the entire time. There’s a ton going on in the skrewt/hagrid hut, you go by Fluffy pretty quick, you barely notice the pixies and moving windshield wipers, and by the time you’re surrounded by devils snare, you just get a glance at the centaur. By the end of the ride with the “yuneecorn”, your smile is so big that you only see them at a squint.

My point is, there’s a lot going on, the ride is faster than expected, and the AAs aren’t jaw-dropping like Kong, but they don’t need to be. They’re perfectly adequate for what they are and how you see them.

Just chiming in with if If you have an opportunity to night ride then you need to do it!
Completely different type of ride. It really feels like you’re in a forest and the ride feels faster at night. I catch myself smiling like a little kid at the end of the ride

My very first ride was front row at night. I don’t know if I’d recommend that For the first, but definitely for subsequent rides.

I agree though, amazing in the dark.

My very first ride was front row at night. I don’t know if I’d recommend that For the first, but definitely for subsequent rides.

I agree though, amazing in the dark.
OMG I’m so jealous! I was third row and it’s definitely still worth it, but I bet front row is on another level!

and I agree that for the first ride you probably miss a lot!

Wasn't working in this POV from opening day

or this one...

It was for sure working on my ride opening day, but I was probably in the second or third train dispatched. I've only seen it operating 2 out of 8 times, and the only other time it was moving it was only the mouth moving slightly.

Edit: not able to get youtube at work, but I was on the train with Potter Collector, so his opening day POV is effectively the same experience I had exactly. :grin:

Wasn't working in this POV from opening day

or this one...

You can’t discern anything from that video! :lol:

Regardless, let’s pretend we can actually tell it didn’t work in that video. In the promo it sure as heck did, right?
So it’s... wait for it... not doing what it was designed to do.

I look forward to every few years seeing the post “Left Fluffy head finally moved on my ride”. Then anyone who rides it will disprove it and say it doesn’t and they must’ve been seeing something. And @WillQ92 will be able to say “I had the privilege of riding it when it worked, and it was glorious”. And we’ll all wish it moved again.
UOR finally has it’s own Yeti!

Last edited:
You can’t discern anything from that video! :lol:

Regardless, let’s pretend we can actually tell it didn’t work in that video. In the promo it sure as heck did, right?
So it’s... wait for it... not doing what it was designed to do.

I look forward to every few years seeing the post “Left Fluffy head finally moved on my ride”. Then anyone who rides it will disprove it and say it doesn’t and they must’ve been seeing something. And @WillQ92 will be able to say “I had the privilege of riding it when it worked, and it was glorious”. And we’ll all wish it moved again.
UOR finally has it’s own Yeti!
Well, going by that logic the AT-ATs must be broken in Rise because they moved in the promo :D