General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure | Page 113 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
With 10 trains running, do we know what the THC would be?

Also, how are y’all counting??? Lol. I can’t figure out how to count how many trains are running since you never see them all at once and you can’t see the stations from the queue to track a train from load-> unload.

Reactions: tankart150
With 10 trains running, do we know what the THC would be?

Also, how are y’all counting??? Lol. I can’t figure out how to count how many trains are running since you never see them all at once and you can’t see the stations from the queue to track a train from load-> unload.
Rough estimate, about 2,500 I'd say. To count trains I always keep track of the license plates on the back of each train which shows the car and train number.

Seems as if hagrid has an entirely seperate line for singles now, is this new or did I just miss the discussion on this?

It's always had a single rider line. The design of the queue has you accessing the single riders before you pass Hagrid's hut, so where the old Dragon Challenge re-ride entrance was. Now they pull you from the bridge walking to the ruins.

Just like Rip Ride Rockit, also a coaster with rows of two.
I have found Hagrid to be much worse than HRRR because (at least when I was there), instead of sticking singles with any odd-numbered party, they tried to stick two odd parties together. The only way a single was pulled in my time there was if there was one odd party followed by many evens (to the point where grouper couldn’t find an odd party). Which, even then is a loss, because it means singles get very spaced out.

I have found Hagrid to be much worse than HRRR because (at least when I was there), instead of sticking singles with any odd-numbered party, they tried to stick two odd parties together. The only way a single was pulled in my time there was if there was one odd party followed by many evens (to the point where grouper couldn’t find an odd party). Which, even then is a loss, because it means singles get very spaced out.
Yes. I didn't see them pull any singles while we were in the merge room. Single rider is not a good idea for ridin Hagrid.

It's always had a single rider line. The design of the queue has you accessing the single riders before you pass Hagrid's hut, so where the old Dragon Challenge re-ride entrance was. Now they pull you from the bridge walking to the ruins.
Maybe it was just Thanksgiving weekend craziness, but this single rider line was really poorly accessible.

The signage pointed the single riders and regular into the same line. I couldn’t find the single rider line personally (which is probably good since it doesn’t sound that fast)

I just wanted to bring up that although I absolutely love this ride, I'm hoping they fix/improve what is literally my sole complaint about it and that is the scene in the hut with the skrewt. From earlier videos I've seen, I understand it is supposed to shoot out fog that, when lit, is supposed to look like sparks/fire, but it seems that effect hasn't worked since at least the summer. It might seem like a minor thing but when you ride past it now it just looks awkward with the bright LED lights flashing on the skrewt's rear-end. That and the noticeable rod you can see which I really wish they would disguise better.

On paper these seem like minor fixes so hopefully they do get corrected but it's been almost 6 months since the ride opened. Just wanted to put this out there, because as I said it's my only complaint. Glad to hear the ride seems to be getting more reliable though!

I just wanted to bring up that although I absolutely love this ride, I'm hoping they fix/improve what is literally my sole complaint about it and that is the scene in the hut with the skrewt. From earlier videos I've seen, I understand it is supposed to shoot out fog that, when lit, is supposed to look like sparks/fire, but it seems that effect hasn't worked since at least the summer. It might seem like a minor thing but when you ride past it now it just looks awkward with the bright LED lights flashing on the skrewt's rear-end. That and the noticeable rod you can see which I really wish they would disguise better.

On paper these seem like minor fixes so hopefully they do get corrected but it's been almost 6 months since the ride opened. Just wanted to put this out there, because as I said it's my only complaint. Glad to hear the ride seems to be getting more reliable though!
Although I agree with you I think the fog/sparks effect interfered with the sensors so was discontinued for now. I hope they can tweak the sensing enough for the effect to return, it was good. I have to wonder why they can't sculpt some fiberglass to look like a straw floor in two pieces that fit under the skrewt to help hide the pole and change the look of the floor. Would be comical for the Skrewt to set his floor on fire and that is why it dances around so much.