Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

The trees in the ride are set to grow more, right? Love the ride but wish there was as much greenery (more grass less pavement too but looks like we’re past that) like in the concept art

The trees in the ride are set to grow more, right? Love the ride but wish there was as much greenery (more grass less pavement too but looks like we’re past that) like in the concept art
Definitely gonna grow a bit thicker, but not by much. A lot of the trees they used as lookalikes for the Forbidden Forest are native Florida pines which don't get too thick. Some do grow pretty tall though.

Ive only ridden twice so maybe it'll be different this coming April, but the lack of trees (you know, comparatively) I really didnt notice on the ride too much. There's just SO much going on in this ride that it never crossed my mind. That being said though I hope they grow a bit taller as well to give a tad bit more of a feeling of "Forrest"

So question.. is it standard practice Now for the bar to stay down on the green light w/o pushing? Or is this just some do some don't type situation?? I'm down 42 lbs so far from 317 hope it's enough by my trip in january.

Congrats on the weight loss! It’s really hard to do and a great thing you’ve done for yourself.

Im not sure what you mean by the green light and pushing down, so you mean in the test seat?

VB took a good year to grow in, I imagine Hagrid will look how it is supposed to in a year...after two is should be even more
And they lost a significant amount of their trees just 4 months after it opened thanks to Irma.

I'm down 42 lbs so far from 317 hope it's enough by my trip in january.
Congrats Devin. Very proud of you- keep going “just in case”. I can’t wait to hear how you like it after January.
More than the weight and size, how are you feeling?

Congrats on the weight loss! It’s really hard to do and a great thing you’ve done for yourself.

Im not sure what you mean by the green light and pushing down, so you mean in the test seat?
Yes I've heard recently that you can no longer hold the restraint down, that it has to stay green on it's own when pulled down.
And they lost a significant amount of their trees just 4 months after it opened thanks to Irma.

Congrats Devin. Very proud of you- keep going “just in case”. I can’t wait to hear how you like it after January.
More than the weight and size, how are you feeling?
I feel amazing, a LOT OF THINGS that used to bother me have disappeared into thin air. Took a damn ride to get me to feel this way :lol: An amazing ride though. And thanks you both I think I'm gonna be good come January!!

Last edited:
Yes I've heard recently that you can no longer hold the restraint down, that it has to stay green on it's own when pulled down.

I feel amazing, a LOT OF THINGS that used to bother me have disappeared into thin air. Took a damn ride to get me to feel this way :lol: An amazing ride though. And thanks you both I think I'm gonna be good come January!!

Congrats! My brother is 6'3 and 275 lbs-ish and have no problem in both the sidecar and on the motorbike.

You'll love the ride. It's incredible. We even got a ride in during the rain (it kinda hurts actually, lol, in a good way) that was so much fun!

Congrats! My brother is 6'3 and 275 lbs-ish and have no problem in both the sidecar and on the motorbike.

You'll love the ride. It's incredible. We even got a ride in during the rain (it kinda hurts actually, lol, in a good way) that was so much fun!
Yeah I'm 5'10 277lbs and below the waist is my problem. I'm hoping im good im getting ready to really kick into high gear this final month. Pants are really loose so im hopeful. Can't wait to ride hopefully:grin: