General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So other than Indominous/Diesel in A mode, and potentially something added to Predator cove, what else do we think could be changed? My wish would be a better transition from Mosasaurus enclosure to outside (currently it's awful) but I guess that's asking too much.
As much as I'd hate to see the waterfall go, I agree it's been rendered completely pointless now by being squished between the aquarium exit and the cave entrance. I know it'd never happen at this point, but I'd be happy to see the aquarium and the cave connected seamlessly (and having no light at the end of the tunnel from that gap reflecting off the screens during the day would probably make the whole thing pop even more, in my opinion). Inside the cave, then, I would continue the initial aesthetic of the ride leading up to the aquarium entrance by having more fossils in the cave walls around us to at least visually spruce up that section as we round the corner and the Stegosaurus comes into view.

In the stretch between the adult Stegosaurus and the Parasaurolophus, I - like most people have been saying - 100% would love those compies back in their old spot to the left, but I'd even take the old Psittacosaurs somewhere over there it it meant getting another species on the ride.

Ultimately, Predator Cove getting a rework - coupled with the Indo finally going into A mode - is going to do wonders for this ride, though I'm keeping my expectations about what's going on in the Cove in check. As much as I hope they're not just dropping a Gyrosphere in there and calling it a day, I'd rather not get my hopes up. (And for the record, I'd love to see a couple animatronic Pteranodons perched around Predator Cove at the very least, because having no dinosaurs at all for over a minute-long stretch between the Para and the first raptor on the lift hill is brutal.)

Edit: Also, sidenote -- the entryway leading into the T-Rex Kingdom before the lift hill would also benefit, in my opinion, with some light fog. Especially at night, some ominous ambiance like that would be really cool as we move through it and onto the lift.

Last edited:
As much as I'd hate to see the waterfall go, I agree it's been rendered completely pointless now by being squished between the aquarium exit and the cave entrance. I know it'd never happen at this point, but I'd be happy to see the aquarium and the cave connected seamlessly (and having no light at the end of the tunnel from that gap reflecting off the screens during the day would probably make the whole thing pop even more, in my opinion). Inside the cave, then, I would continue the initial aesthetic of the ride leading up to the aquarium entrance by having more fossils in the cave walls around us to at least visually spruce up that section as we round the corner and the Stegosaurus comes into view.

In the stretch between the adult Stegosaurus and the Parasaurolophus, I - like most people have been saying - 100% would love those compies back in their old spot to the left, but I'd even take the old Psittacosaurs somewhere over there it it meant getting another species on the ride.

Ultimately, Predator Cove getting a rework - coupled with the Indo finally going into A mode - is going to do wonders for this ride, though I'm keeping my expectations about what's going on in the Cove in check. As much as I hope they're not just dropping a Gyrosphere in there and calling it a day, I'd rather not get my hopes up. (And for the record, I'd love to see a couple animatronic Pteranodons perched around Predator Cove at the very least, because having no dinosaurs at all for over a minute-long stretch between the Para and the first raptor on the lift hill is brutal.)

Edit: Also, sidenote -- the entryway leading into the T-Rex Kingdom before the lift hill would also benefit, in my opinion, with some light fog. Especially at night, some ominous ambiance like that would be really cool as we move through it and onto the lift.
Good point

(….I'd love to see a couple animatronic Pteranodons perched around Predator Cove at the very least, because having no dinosaurs at all for over a minute-long stretch between the Para and the first raptor on the lift hill is brutal.)

what about adding pteranodons above the entrance that leads to the lift hill, the very bland section where it gives T-rex facts? As if they are trying to break the gate above to get to you? idk Honestly, I'm not getting my hopes up as they will probably just add the compies and move on

Reactions: Jamesh22

good idea! I wonder why we’ve never seen any flying animatronics (stationary, at least). It goes with the scene from the film and it’s something different. The only reason I can think of for there being so few animatronics on the ride (pre-Covid), is that they don’t won’t to refurb them every year do to baking in the Cali sun.

Last edited:
So upon further inspection of the aerial photos, I think they did add something between the two grates, and maybe there could be room for another animatronic peeking out after all? Cause obviously we know there's a hole now, but interestingly, it was once just a door. Hell, it could have even been a false door just for show, and now it's being repurposed.
1588280629503.png
Now see the pictures below.
1588280302337.png
1588280700010.png

Unless they're moved elsewhere (hopefully with a better prop to boot), I think it might be safe to say the blood splatters have also been removed.

So upon further inspection of the aerial photos, I think they did add something between the two grates, and maybe there could be room for another animatronic peeking out after all? Cause obviously we know there's a hole now, but interestingly, it was once just a door. Hell, it could have even been a false door just for show, and now it's being repurposed.
View attachment 12085
View attachment 12084
View attachment 12086

Unless they're moved elsewhere (hopefully with a better prop to boot), I think it might be safe to say the blood splatters have also been removed.
To your point, that entire section of the wall (and really any other parts of the ride exterior) could possibly be removable. Maybe they needed a pathway to bring in additional gear? The space furthest to the right is kind of a weird space for an animatronic. It’s not really facing us, or anything.

I guess we'll see. Depending on what it is, if they make it make some noise or if it stands out enough, it can draw attention.

Also was re-reading previous pages and:
I'd bet a lot of money they do not touch predator cove.
Sorry it's like shooting fish in a barrel. Too easy but you can quote this post and rub it in my face if I am wrong.
We got something so far after all. :v

I guess we'll see. Depending on what it is, if they make it make some noise or if it stands out enough, it can draw attention.

Also was re-reading previous pages and:

We got something so far after all. :v

I think it's too early to say we 'got something'

So far the only thing we have is blurry inconclusive pics - but what we can all agree on is that we all want something added to Predator cove.

Reactions: Tristan
View attachment 12085
View attachment 12084
View attachment 12086

As much as I'd like another animatronic, since I assume they wouldn't want to spend that much more money than they have to, the most I could really imagine is a window or a door with a screen with a silhouette of a raptor sneaking by, or something like that. Considering they didn't expect the whole closure situation, assuming they expected a quicker turnaround for this refurb, unless they planned it shortly after opening or if it's just really basic, I don't see a new animatronic going in that space.

That Pets facade is too good.

EDIT: After watching again, I can definitely see a Gyrosphere, but I struggle to see how else they've improved the Predator Cove area.

EDIT 2: Construction worker at 4:43 provides good visual reference for the size of the Mario Kart building.

There's also the possibility they're either not quite done, and/or are waiting until they're planning on reopening to add more stuff that would have to withstand elements. It's hard to tell if the other animatronics are not present for refurb, though.

Also, I feel like I can faintly see another prop right where the Gyrosphere is, but it's hard to tell what it is. Part of me wants to say it's a better looking dead Pteranadon?
1589067373012.png