General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride | Page 84 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder if they still use the ‘secret recipe’ latex skin formula that they talked about in one of the YouTube docs about the OG ride. It looks good when it’s new but seems to rip really easily

Reactions: BriefCasey
I wonder if they still use the ‘secret recipe’ latex skin formula that they talked about in one of the YouTube docs about the OG ride. It looks good when it’s new but seems to rip really easily
That recipe applies to the animatronics that got hit with water and were outside if I remember correctly. So the stegosaurus’ and the brachiosaurus’. They probably ended up using the same mixture, but the Indo doesn’t get hit by water and is indoors so perhaps a sturdier mix is/could be used?

Reactions: biggerboat16
Maybe I just saw it because I was looking for it but it looked like on one side of his neck it still had a HUGE tear in it. Its on the side facing the waterfall so you kinda have to look back to see it but I'm pretty sure it was there yesterday when I went

Reactions: BriefCasey
Maybe I just saw it because I was looking for it but it looked like on one side of his neck it still had a HUGE tear in it. Its on the side facing the waterfall so you kinda have to look back to see it but I'm pretty sure it was there yesterday when I went
I might not have been able to see it cause I was all the way in the back but I can live with the tear honestly so long as the animatronic is running

I might not have been able to see it cause I was all the way in the back but I can live with the tear honestly so long as the animatronic is running
Agreed but just letting everyone know it might still be there. My GF did not notice but like I said, I was looking for it

Goes to show that the tear is quite literally in an odd spot. It really is a matter of when they might try to fix it.

Feels like it's starting to regress back into a similar state to when it was still River Adventure.
Last time I rode, the first Indo inside the tunnel started "animating" pretty late and reset while it was still in view making a bit of an awkward silence before actually going up the lift hill. And for some reason Blue didn't come out at all.
Looks like the timing might need a little adjustment again but I thought they overhauled the show controller as well during it's transformation...

The ride could definitely use a little love.

I hope it can go down next January for longer then this year

The issue with USH is they opened a new land that is too small for the demand and then closed two people eater shows and didn't replace them. So now the rides are going for longer hours, with more people on them and less downtime because if one ride is closed then the park other ride line suffer.

Feels like it's starting to regress back into a similar state to when it was still River Adventure.
Last time I rode, the first Indo inside the tunnel started "animating" pretty late and reset while it was still in view making a bit of an awkward silence before actually going up the lift hill. And for some reason Blue didn't come out at all.
Looks like the timing might need a little adjustment again but I thought they overhauled the show controller as well during it's transformation...

The ride could definitely use a little love.
I think for that matter, the first Indo head just repeatedly plays its animation now, which is how these things happen. I clearly remember it having a cue when the ride reopened with the park, and I'm surprised that hasn't been fixed.

Blue just seems to be a recurring fluke, as I saw her working last time I went on, but obviously there's still reports of her not working.

The issue with USH is they opened a new land that is too small for the demand and then closed two people eater shows and didn't replace them. So now the rides are going for longer hours, with more people on them and less downtime because if one ride is closed then the park other ride line suffer.
Yeah, I think they kind of shot themselves in the foot with that, and now they've backed themselves into a corner of sorts. It'd be absolute hell for a lower lot ride to go down during a peak day.