Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

Im pretty sure they conduct surveys on all new rides
Hence my point even more. So since day one, Uni has received mix reviews on the ride because no way everyone who participated in the survey loved the ride. So Uni knows this ride isn't hitting the ground running, hence a month long upgrade already.

Hence my point even more. So since day one, Uni has received mix reviews on the ride because no way everyone who participated in the survey loved the ride. So Uni knows this ride isn't hitting the ground running, hence a month long upgrade already.

This month long refurbishment/update was planned from day 1. They went into the grand opening without the show scenes being 100% installed. This is not a reaction from "negative guest feedback."

I don't know what most of you guys are talking about- the World overlay seems to be a success in the view of the GP and for most theme park fans. It has 4 out of 5 stars on Yelp compared to Supercharged's 1.5. Sure, it has the one dead scene, "Predator Cove" that could use some additions, but overall its a stellar attraction.

This month long refurbishment/update was planned from day 1. They went into the grand opening without the show scenes being 100% installed. This is not a reaction from "negative guest feedback."

I don't know what most of you guys are talking about- the World overlay seems to be a success in the view of the GP and for most theme park fans. It has 4 out of 5 stars on Yelp compared to Supercharged's 1.5. Sure, it has the one dead scene, "Predator Cove" that could use some additions, but overall its a stellar attraction.
No doubt, and yea the reform was planned from day one most likely for the Indo Final scene installation. But having a year of feedback and planning, they could have developed some new additions that they can install to enhance certain scenes.

Yea and some people also walk off Fast and Furious with a smile aswell. Universal isn’t dumb, there was a reason they were conducting surveys literally days after opening the ride. They understand this ride is not hitting it off the way they thought. They know.
Wait times for the ride are always high. even on cold days it has wait times over 30 min. It is popular and people really like the ride. They build rides for GP not wonky theme park forum posters.

Yea and some people also walk off Fast and Furious with a smile aswell. Universal isn’t dumb, there was a reason they were conducting surveys literally days after opening the ride. They understand this ride is not hitting it off the way they thought. They know.
I wish the rule was ruled by people like us (people with standards) but its very very much not. Its ruled by people wanting SLOP, watching F&F films over well shot/acted indies and most of the times rides that just do there job they move you from point A to Point B.
JW is fine, the ending is better but for me the rest of it is meh....but most people on this boards like the ride and any normal people ive seen on it or talked to about it enjoy it also it gets lines. So universal doesn't really care...i wish they would but they don't

I wish the rule was ruled by people like us (people with standards) but its very very much not. Its ruled by people wanting SLOP, watching F&F films over well shot/acted indies and most of the times rides that just do there job they move you from point A to Point B.
JW is fine, the ending is better but for me the rest of it is meh....but most people on this boards like the ride and any normal people ive seen on it or talked to about it enjoy it also it gets lines. So universal doesn't really care...i wish they would but they don't
You do realize that SLOP is for kids, right? And last time I checked, there weren’t a lot of little kids rides. I’m more surprised SLOP wasn’t a Trolls dark ride. But I guess SLOP fits with the area more. And some of those F&F movies are actually pretty good. And I do happen to love “well shot/acted” indies, as well. Also, it's pretty dismissive to say Universal "doesn't care" when you don't actually know that. There's elements of the ride that could be better and they're building rides that don't fit your demographic. That's not exactly "not caring".

Last edited:
You do realize that SLOP is for kids, right? And last time I checked, there weren’t a lot of little kids rides. I’m more surprised SLOP wasn’t a Trolls dark ride. But I guess SLOP fits with the area more. And some of those F&F movies are actually pretty good. And I do happen to love “well shot/acted” indies, as well. Also, it's pretty dismissive to say Universal "doesn't care" when you don't actually know that. There's elements of the ride that could be better and they're building rides that don't fit your demographic. That's not exactly "not caring".
I hate that excuse, so much. It makes children sound stupid and unwilling to appreciate art and the world around them. I went on Pirates and HM as kids and guess what I loved them much more than dark rides that dumb down the story like your stupid, i think most people forget being a kid and having thoughts and at least some of us want everything to be at Pixar level quality story telling over "well its for kids so butt jokes and a basic message about being "good""

I say all art should challenge the viewer just a little, which is why the new versons of Pirates at Disneyland is kinda a joke, they want to eat thier cake and have it too.....look Pirates are cool and never did anything bad, its for kids and families so we should dumb the ride down because they don't know any better.

I hate that excuse, so much. It makes children sound stupid and unwilling to appreciate art and the world around them. I went on Pirates and HM as kids and guess what I loved them much more than dark rides that dumb down the story like your stupid, i think most people forget being a kid and having thoughts and at least some of us want everything to be at Pixar level quality story telling over "well its for kids so butt jokes and a basic message about being "good""

I say all art should challenge the viewer just a little, which is why the new versons of Pirates at Disneyland is kinda a joke, they want to eat thier cake and have it too.....look Pirates are cool and never did anything bad, its for kids and families so we should dumb the ride down because they don't know any better.
If you guys really don't want SLOP in Hollywood I would've been very happy if Orlando had taken it off your hands.

If it helps, this thread is currently very challenging. Can we get back to JW please?

Ok.... clearly you’re going through some stuff and maybe need to take a breather. And the ride isn’t really open yet, so if there are butt jokes, I haven’t heard about them being on the ride yet. How’s that JW refurb lookin’, everyone?!

Last edited: