General Movies & TV Thread | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

General Movies & TV Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Movie theaters and physical media > streaming.

(Not that I despise the latter, but sometimes the quality shifts and there is the annoying moment the movie stops for reasons (such as poor cellular service), etc.)

Then again I’ve only been seeing some old movies in theaters recently and often there are very few people in there. Plus with the big screen and the fact that I don’t own a big TV, the cinema is the number one way to watch a movie.

Reactions: jseal777
I think society should stop accommodating ADHD Tik Tok brain rot.

Instead of charging an upscale ticket for those of us who want to enjoy a movie without others being on their phone and taking pictures and talking, charge a premium ticket for a theater set aside for people to watch the *LIVE ACTION* disney remake currently in theaters with their phones and snapchat and tik tok.

You're not disliking theaters, you're disliking people being rude in them. Two different problems.

I've personally never been to an Alamo or somewhere similar but it's wild to me that some people want stricter rules about phone usage but are fine with a movie turning into a full dinner experience. Is it not just as disrupting?

i was hoping that someone caught up on the contradiction of my post lol :lol:
food smells can be distracting, but people eating a full meal dont really talk or check their phones. it sounds crazy but on the enzian theater, people are eating and is not as bad (plus the arrangement of seating is different.
the chairs arent next to each other. theres space between people, feels like a living room.
its also the change in expectation, you go knowing it will be different