General Movies & TV Thread | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

General Movies & TV Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know Disney Animation has had some underperformers/flops lately, but man... that slate just screams "We have no ideas."

The problem has not been "original" movies; it's been movies that haven't been very good. Quality is the issue, not the lack of established IP.
I agree but if these all make money.....then its people voting with their wallets

That's the issue with Disney fans (myself included) The parks should do more is what we say....but people go. These remakes sucks, people go see them like crazy and pretend they had a good time, Disney put out new things (most suck because the scripts) and people don't see them so if Toy Story 5 makes a Billion why rick new when people want safe old things

I love capitalism, it's so bad.

EDIT: These are dates Bob Iger just confirmed, btw. If so, it's a pretty bleak outlook for Disney Animation, although hopefully Pixar has some original films in the pipeline taking up the March 2025 and and March 2026 slots (in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Win or Lose was unceremoniously delisted as a December 2023 release to fill such a slot).

Right now, between now and 2026, the only original animated film on the line up is Pixar's Elio, which is scheduled to release June 13th, 2025. And considering Elio originally was supposed to be released March of this year, it's very telling Pixar is not going for the March dates, they're sticking with the Summer slots.

Lisa Frankenstein is a charming honest film, it’s well paced, has get direction and every shot felt dynamic. The main actors had good chemistry together and while I don’t think it’s for everyone. This feels like a cult classic waiting to happen and a future musical based on this film will come out one day is my prediction. Zelda Williams has one of the best first directorial debuts in a while got me and excited to see her next project.

I'm not wow'd by this teaser trailer. Despite the "need" for CGI, it "looks" like there is an excessive overuse of it. And with this allegedly not being a direct sequel anymore, I'm not that excited unfortunately..

Also there is a severe lack of flying cow!
cow tornado GIF

Reactions: Cwoolboy
I loved and still love the OG Twister, despite it being pretty silly and dumb. Can’t say I’m excited for what looks like is essentially going to be a remake/re-do. I don’t think anybody wants that. Likely going to check it out regardless, but my hopes aren’t high. Hopefully the next trailer will change my mind. Gotta say though, funny how Twisters think it’s being cheeky by sneaking in the tagline for the defunct Universal attraction: “You don’t face your fears…you ride ‘em.” Sounds a lot like “Ride it out”, dontcha think?

Gotta say though, funny how Twisters think it’s being cheeky by sneaking in the tagline for the defunct Universal attraction: “You don’t face your fears…you ride ‘em.” Sounds a lot like “Ride it out”, dontcha think?
That was exactly my first thought after watching the trailer :lol: Does this mean we can gut Jimmy Fallon('s ride) & bring back the special effects heavy attraction!?

I'm not wow'd by this teaser trailer. Despite the "need" for CGI, it "looks" like there is an excessive overuse of it. And with this allegedly not being a direct sequel anymore, I'm not that excited unfortunately..

Also there is a severe lack of flying cow!
cow tornado GIF

I mean isn't the whole point of disaster movies is to rely on CGI?

While it shouldn't be surprising....but just one episode back and Jon has more eyes then the shows has gotten since he left....and while some people heard this I know many older fans of the show had no idea until I told them so I think numbers will keep pretty high for his one a week episodes