Godzilla (2014) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Godzilla (2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
it's officially gotten 9 million for its midnight release making it one of the most successful ever for a non sequel movie. it also has a prediction of a 100 million this weekend!!! will probably get sequels too, ride material guys :doggie:

Thought it was good. Lots of destruction. Only problem I had was that I felt one character should have had more screen time, you can probably put 2 and 2 together looking at my avatar. Other than that, solid film

Thought it was good. Lots of destruction. Only problem I had was that I felt one character should have had more screen time, you can probably put 2 and 2 together looking at my avatar. Other than that, solid film

Ehh I think he left off at the right time. The movies advertising was insanely false

Godzilla was everything I hoped it would be and more. Gareth Edwards clearly put a lot of heart and soul into this film unlike Roland Emmerich's incarnation from 1998. He has the look, the roar, the invulnerability and the even the freaking Atomic Breath! But I think what I respect the most coming out of this film was the Human Element. There is a great amount of depth in these characters and you truly care for them unlike most Kaiju films. Great performances from Bryan Cranston, Ken Watanabe and Elizabeth Olsen. Godzilla isn't in the film as much as some people would want but once the Monster fighting goes down in San Francisco the pay-off is so goddamn worth it. Gareth Edwards has truly brought the King of Monsters back to life like never before.

Godzilla was everything I hoped it would be and more. Gareth Edwards clearly put a lot of heart and soul into this film unlike Roland Emmerich's incarnation from 1998. He has the look, the roar, the invulnerability and the even the freaking Atomic Breath! But I think what I respect the most coming out of this film was the Human Element. There is a great amount of depth in these characters and you truly care for them unlike most Kaiju films. Great performances from Bryan Cranston, Ken Watanabe and Elizabeth Olsen. Godzilla isn't in the film as much as some people would want but once the Monster fighting goes down in San Francisco the pay-off is so goddamn worth it. Gareth Edwards has truly brought the King of Monsters back to life like never before.

It followed a jaws formula. All build up until the incredible third act, it's like a lost speilburg film. Another thing I realized is that there is no shaky cam period this entire movie. To have captain America use it for a basic fight scene and then Godzilla not use it for a city being destroyed is beyond refreshing. Finally a straight shot so I can enjoy a action scene. I shouldn't be so excited about that

Ehh I think he left off at the right time. The movies advertising was insanely false

Bingo! Wasn't crazy about the lead actor either, Aaron Johnson or whatever his name is. Didn't have much personality like he did in Kick-Ass. Obviously it's a serious film and doesn't require much emotion. But I wasn't crazy about his performance.

Bingo! Wasn't crazy about the lead actor either, Aaron Johnson or whatever his name is. Didn't have much personality like he did in Kick-Ass. Obviously it's a serious film and doesn't require much emotion. But I wasn't crazy about his performance.

I was thinking this too that he really isn't that great in this movie but compared to the acting in any other Godzilla movie....wow this was remarkable. I actually cared for the characters here and while kickass didn't show any emotion to traumatic events it was still a giant improvement. I feel like they hyped up Brian Cranston way more than him so that was a let down

Saw it last night. C- overall at best in my elderly opinion. Not enough of the big guy for my tastes. Though there were a few killer action scenes. The CGI was borderline good but the plot was hampered by being overly predictable and mostly stale.
Truth is, I really wanted to love this film but left the theater only mildly liking it. I kept on wishing the scene I was watching would wow me but they never really did. Oh well, Still better than the M. Broderick version though...so a step in the right direction. I cannot see Universal jumping on this franchise - even a little bit.

The Good: The Godzilla design is perfect, the scenes of destruction are breathtaking, the 3-D is impressive, beautiful cinematography, love Godzilla's roar, Godzilla is a bad-ass again, For a 2 hour film it flies by.

The Bad: Not nearly enough Godzilla action, film tries to beef up the human element but it doesn't work (human element is pretty weak, didn't really care for any of the human characters....I did like Ken Watanabe's character though).

Verdict: If you're going to see this one, I'd suggest seeing it in IMAX 3-D. It's an enjoyable film, and while the scenes of destruction are fantastic, there is not nearly enough of them. For a 2 hour film called Godzilla you would expect more of said monster and more destruction. That said, his design is perfect. Finally, Godzilla is a bad-ass again. While it's not as great as one would hope, it's still mounds better than Emerich's attempt and as far as monster films go it's still pretty good.

3.5 STARS out of 5

I understand why people complain that Godzilla wasn't in the movie enough but I'm perfectly fine with that. It is a reboot of the original 1954 film which had very little screen time for Goji. I guess you had to be a hardcore Godzilla fan to really enjoy what they did in this movie. And I suppose with The overblown destruction movies of Michael Bay the General Public is probably just used to that now. If you ever watched Gareth Edwards other film "Monsters" then you knew exactly what you were going into, a character driven Monster movie. He is truly a fantastic director and I'm excited to see what he does in the future.

Well if you guys think about it. Having too much Godzilla and destruction would get insanely boring and tedious. I rather have one incredible fight at the end then 10 mediocre boring fights scattered throughout. That final battle feels like a triumph and if they showed another one before it I feel like it wouldn't have a that big of a impact. Too much action is a bad thing

So, when Universal gets around to building a ride, who is going to piss and moan about how much Universal sucks because they didn't build a 50 story tall AA?

So, when Universal gets around to building a ride, who is going to piss and moan about how much Universal sucks because they didn't build a 50 story tall AA?

What they could do is have some forced perspective stuff with smaller AA's and place a screen in front of it to make the buildings and destruction look better. Then the vehicle takes a turn and BAM!!! He's right there next to you and all you see is an AA arm or something like right before you see the dragon on FJ, you see just a wing moving around?

Saw the movie today and it was really good. Not what I expected and loved the twist in it. There will be a sequel of course.

Don't think it has the staying power for a Universal attraction though........

Saw the movie today and it was really good. Not what I expected and loved the twist in it. There will be a sequel of course.

Don't think it has the staying power for a Universal attraction though........

Insane to say this

BTW, i might be looking too into it, but did anyone else notice the name of the mining company in the opening scenes in the philipines?

Universal mining company

BTW I made a thread on the USF section for ride talk, should keep this one for movie talk only. Anybody want to see some monsters return for the sequel? I would love to see Mothra come and join godzillas side so they could unleash a total spanking on king gedorah or mecha godzilla's ass

I would prefer to be on the upper level of a building in the ride, and see his head with a full roar in your face. Like the Comic Con experience, just more grand in scale.

BTW I made a thread on the USF section for ride talk, should keep this one for movie talk only. Anybody want to see some monsters return for the sequel? I would love to see Mothra come and join godzillas side so they could unleash a total spanking on king gedorah or mecha godzilla's ass

I know I read somewhere that Legendary and WB were not allowed to have the rights to the other monsters in past Godzilla films to feature in the 2014 film, that's why they had to create their own monsters for Godzilla to fight. I don't know if that will continue for the sequels or not...