Good Theme Park Channels? | Inside Universal Forums

Good Theme Park Channels?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aug 12, 2021
As the title says. Here’s some of mine:

Some people would recommend Poseidon Entertainment but looking on their channel it’s seems to be mostly a Disney basher.

Oh yeah I forgot; Theme Park Crazy. I didn’t watch many of their videos because they often feature on coasters; which by itself doesn’t interest me much, but they sometimes post interesting videos like creepy animatronics and dark rides.

Reactions: Rideguy70
Depends on what you're looking for.

For POVs, Attractions 360 and Theme Park Shark

For theme park history/documentary, Expedition Theme Park, Defunctland, Theme Park History, and Yesterworld

For on the ground vlogs (all parks), Super Enthused, Pcdev, and Rixflix in FL; Ordinary Adventures, Five Fires, and Theme Park Obsession in CA

For Universal Hollywood, JPLand

For Disneyland, Fresh Baked

For "tips and tricks", Provost Park Pass and The Pugh Two

For Food and Drink focused channels, Paging Mr Morrow and Magic Journeys

For Roller Coasters, El Toro Ryan and Airtime thrills

For "lists", Theme Park Crazy and TPM Vids

Don't really know WDW or Haunt focused channels.

MOD NOTE: I don't expect issues, I do want to nip in the bud right now fandom wars. If a channel you're not really into is listed, please don't slam it. But this is not an excuse to post content that goes against our posting guidelines.

Reactions: Clive
Here's a few I could think of!

• He doesn't post super often but Tony Goldmark's theme park videos are often very well made.
  • Midway to Main Street makes some entertaining shortform videos about minor blips in history or incredibly niche topics from the Disney parks. I watched him mostly when he was known as RobPlays and did his videos while exploring the MCMagic Minecraft server, but I'll still pop back in occasionally.
  • Jenny Nicholson has absolutely wonderful deep dives on various Theme Park lands and stories . Her videos are very simple on their face, it's mostly just her talking to the camera in her bedroom with occasional B-Roll footage from the parks, but the editing, the way she writes her script, and the depth she goes with her analysis keep me coming back to the same few hour long videos consistently. Highly recommend her Avatarland or Where's Buzzy? videos if you haven't seen them.
  • Lindsay Ellis is gone now but some of her great video essay work has included a good deal with commentary and analysis of the Disney parks. Her Saving Mr. Banks video tackles the nuance of the multimedia Disney hydra and it's role in whitewashing history in certain ways and how that's not always bad a la the park's Pirates of the Caribbean, and her First Order Ideology video is spun off the fact that she saw the March of the First Order show at DHS and went "Huh, that's kinda weird" and kinda kept down that path for awhile haha. Definitely still leans closer to film study than anything, but they have a lot to say about Disney branx as a whole, parks included. So if you're into that I'd definitely check out her work.
  • sWooZie, who in hindsight was kind of the very first story animator on youtube, got his start with the Confessions of a Disney Employee videos, which he's made a whole bunch of throughout the years. He relatively recently made one about his time working at USF's Hard Rock Hotel as a Lifeguard that I enjoyed!

Here's a few I could think of!

• He doesn't post super often but Tony Goldmark's theme park videos are often very well made.
  • Midway to Main Street makes some entertaining shortform videos about minor blips in history or incredibly niche topics from the Disney parks. I watched him mostly when he was known as RobPlays and did his videos while exploring the MCMagic Minecraft server, but I'll still pop back in occasionally.
  • Jenny Nicholson has absolutely wonderful deep dives on various Theme Park lands and stories . Her videos are very simple on their face, it's mostly just her talking to the camera in her bedroom with occasional B-Roll footage from the parks, but the editing, the way she writes her script, and the depth she goes with her analysis keep me coming back to the same few hour long videos consistently. Highly recommend her Avatarland or Where's Buzzy? videos if you haven't seen them.
  • Lindsay Ellis is gone now but some of her great video essay work has included a good deal with commentary and analysis of the Disney parks. Her Saving Mr. Banks video tackles the nuance of the multimedia Disney hydra and it's role in whitewashing history in certain ways and how that's not always bad a la the park's Pirates of the Caribbean, and her First Order Ideology video is spun off the fact that she saw the March of the First Order show at DHS and went "Huh, that's kinda weird" and kinda kept down that path for awhile haha. Definitely still leans closer to film study than anything, but they have a lot to say about Disney branx as a whole, parks included. So if you're into that I'd definitely check out her work.
  • sWooZie, who in hindsight was kind of the very first story animator on youtube, got his start with the Confessions of a Disney Employee videos, which he's made a whole bunch of throughout the years. He relatively recently made one about his time working at USF's Hard Rock Hotel as a Lifeguard that I enjoyed!
I love that you listed Lindsay Ellis, she was a fave of mine for sure

It's funny because I always watched her stuff from a film analysis angle, but when she delved into the Disney Parks it definitely tickled the theme park nerve

Surprised that I haven't seen anyone mention ViewFromTheCheapSeats.

Kyle does a phenomenal job covering the parks in Orlando, as well as Tampa and sometimes up to SF Over Georgia. Gives very honest opinions that aren't swayed by being #hosted. Always makes me laugh too with some of the recurring bits (save that chef!). Outside of theme parks he goes to a lot of concerts, sports, and haunts.

Other channels I enjoy..
VincentVision - usually puts up a video each week mostly focused on Universal. Fun and lighthearted.
That Florida Guy - UK vlogger with some of the best video editing skills I've seen on YouTube. Drops a video each week after coming back from Florida and they are always such a blast to watch.

OrangeGrove55 is an underrated SoCal based Theme park discussion channel. They mostly discuss Disney parks and entertainment related issues, but they have been doing more Universal discussions and content as of late as well.

Magic Journeys - YouTube Is probably the best I've seen for West Coast F&B content. The way they produce their content, I feel, is standard in the sense that other channels are doing it similarly. But I think their honest food reviews are why I enjoy them, Miguel & Jannell will straight up say if food is over priced or not good. I see a lot of other Vloggers *rarely* do the same. They also were my favorite channel when I visited SoCal for the first time.