Goodbye Globe Theater | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Goodbye Globe Theater

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
To get back to the Globe, I'm curious to see how that'll affect private events going forward, as in a way, it was like SS33 from Orlando for us. I'm curious to see how things go forward, especially as that while it didn't mesh well with DM, Globe looked lovely for what it was, and complemented Baker Street rather nicely.

Private events will go in the new convention space within the new on park hotel ;)

Oh come on! Don't throw me for a loop like that. I thought there was some big news story I missed or something. :x: you Dustin.
The on site hotel is not a concept/idea that I just posted with no backing, for fun. This has been speculated and discussed and has gained quite a lot of traction over the last 6 months. There have been no developments but this has been an on going rumor, on this forum, for quite some time.

The on site hotel is not a concept/idea that I just posted with no backing, for fun. This has been speculated and discussed and has gained quite a lot of traction over the last 6 months. There have been no developments but this has been an on going rumor, on this forum, for quite some time.

Oh, ok. Well then, my apologies. The way that you phrased it made me think that you just came up with it to screw with me. I hope you can forgive my poor manners.

Oh, ok. Well then, my apologies. The way that you phrased it made me think that you just came up with it to screw with me. I hope you can forgive my poor manners.
If I came up with it just to mess with you, by all means it was worthy of that response haha but no, this is long standing speculation so I was playfully saying that it would make a lot of sense if the new hotel had the new private event space.

I’m new but follow the threads fairly often, now out of curiosity, am I the only one finding it interesting that the the globe theater is scheduled to close on July 1st just over a month away while the saddle ranch plot is finishing demo and clearing? Why I say this well does the proximity of these two(correct me if I’m wrong but separated by a walk path and park fence)maybe relate to the future project’s maybe being more a singular project for both plots or am I way off base

I was wondering the same about private events. Lots of corporate events, proms, dance/cheer competitions, gay days, etc. Very curious to know what's going to happen to that market, and where it will go.

Not to mention the rainy day movies with free hot cocoa. And arguably the most overly decorated restrooms in the park.

I’m new but follow the threads fairly often, now out of curiosity, am I the only one finding it interesting that the the globe theater is scheduled to close on July 1st just over a month away while the saddle ranch plot is finishing demo and clearing? Why I say this well does the proximity of these two(correct me if I’m wrong but separated by a walk path and park fence)maybe relate to the future project’s maybe being more a singular project for both plots or am I way off base

Saddle is for a completely different project than what is happening for Globe.

Reactions: Chris
Saddle is for a completely different project than what is happening for Globe.
Are we sure of this? Not trying to stir anything up but as I know all we know currently of saddle ranch plot is that it’s a new development taking its place with most hoping it to be toothsome or nbc sports grille, and while having been to the Orlando resort either is a welcome addition specifically toothsome as it is rather beautiful and engaging experience, well worth it. Now with this speculation nothing has been confirmed nor a timeline given for a replacement. On to the globe theater all we have told is that it is closing with speculation being it will be transformed to secret life of pets. A welcome addition but most see as a small plot for the dark ride first speculated. Now let me just throw an idea out saddle ranch is a hug plot for a restaurant and separated from CityWalk seems strange for restaurant venue to take that amount of prime space just for dining and separated how about getting creative and building the long rumored hotel with a new facade facing away from the park resembling nbc time square to the west or left of main entry above the parking structure we have a new entry directly into the hotel with the walk path(currently existing) extended through the building splitting the bottom level between the new hotel lobby and a new dining venue,nbc sports grille which fits the facade rather glorious. This hotel now extends its facade and transforms to the secret life of pets skyline into the park and covering the globe theater plot. Now we can have that plot extend to multi level dark ride with a shop and hotel private park entrance. In the hotel we build a more classic broadway themed conference multi use room. Think about it we just killed a flock of birds with one stone(well technically two plots), new universal owned hotel, restaurant primarily owned by universal and desired by gp, slop dark ride with multilevel ability, multi purpose space for loss of globe theater, and an enhanced a New York facade that was in dire need for upgrade or complete overhaul to new. I’m know insider(as if you couldn’t tell) just an intuitive spectator who has developed a love previously reserved to Disney but on my family trip in 2016 we did a stop at USH for a day while primarily doing Disneyland for 3 days loved it so much went to the Orlando resort for our 2017 vacation spent a a week at just the resort(no Disney)and attended hhn twice(rip package and express the second) and ended up with annual passes from how long we stayed(live in Arizona not exactly a quick trip). My family has converted to a universal family who enjoys Disney where it use to be the other way around. Sorry for the backstory just figured I’d share. And I know my ideas are out there but I just think with what Disneyland resort is doing USH isn’t going to take it lightly and with what creative is capable of it’s not totally crazy. Just my thoughts though

Reactions: Thrillme
Are we sure of this? Not trying to stir anything up but as I know all we know currently of saddle ranch plot is that it’s a new development taking its place with most hoping it to be toothsome or nbc sports grille, and while having been to the Orlando resort either is a welcome addition specifically toothsome as it is rather beautiful and engaging experience, well worth it. Now with this speculation nothing has been confirmed nor a timeline given for a replacement. On to the globe theater all we have told is that it is closing with speculation being it will be transformed to secret life of pets. A welcome addition but most see as a small plot for the dark ride first speculated. Now let me just throw an idea out saddle ranch is a hug plot for a restaurant and separated from CityWalk seems strange for restaurant venue to take that amount of prime space just for dining and separated how about getting creative and building the long rumored hotel with a new facade facing away from the park resembling nbc time square to the west or left of main entry above the parking structure we have a new entry directly into the hotel with the walk path(currently existing) extended through the building splitting the bottom level between the new hotel lobby and a new dining venue,nbc sports grille which fits the facade rather glorious. This hotel now extends its facade and transforms to the secret life of pets skyline into the park and covering the globe theater plot. Now we can have that plot extend to multi level dark ride with a shop and hotel private park entrance. In the hotel we build a more classic broadway themed conference multi use room. Think about it we just killed a flock of birds with one stone(well technically two plots), new universal owned hotel, restaurant primarily owned by universal and desired by gp, slop dark ride with multilevel ability, multi purpose space for loss of globe theater, and an enhanced a New York facade that was in dire need for upgrade or complete overhaul to new. I’m know insider(as if you couldn’t tell) just an intuitive spectator who has developed a love previously reserved to Disney but on my family trip in 2016 we did a stop at USH for a day while primarily doing Disneyland for 3 days loved it so much went to the Orlando resort for our 2017 vacation spent a a week at just the resort(no Disney)and attended hhn twice(rip package and express the second) and ended up with annual passes from how long we stayed(live in Arizona not exactly a quick trip). My family has converted to a universal family who enjoys Disney where it use to be the other way around. Sorry for the backstory just figured I’d share. And I know my ideas are out there but I just think with what Disneyland resort is doing USH isn’t going to take it lightly and with what creative is capable of it’s not totally crazy. Just my thoughts though

Allow me to say this, and to say this bluntly as a fan of themed entertainment in general.

person-with-folded-hands_1f64f.png

Universal Hollywood, is far, far, far from even reaching the level of Universal Orlando, Disneyland Resort, and even Universal Osaka.

And it shouldn't be that, but that while Universal Hollywood has been improving since 2012, they haven't made the push to have reason for multiple-day stays. I would even wager, that it's 3/4's of a Full-Day Park. And that from my own internal knowledge, they haven't had plans to incorporate Globe and Saddle into a large-scale plan. And even then, that's not exactly possible, as that'd require a lot of changes to resort infrastructure that may not be plausible now, because they failed to implement them when Hogsmeade made it's West-Coast debut.

They'll get there eventually, as they are making advancements to become more "Orlando" like (see the changes in Citywalk since 2015' & Pets/Jurassic/DWT), but that they still need to take care of a few things before hand to make sure that they can sustain a hotel and park together.

But hey, that's just my thing when it comes to this.

That said, welcome to IU! You seems extremely detailed, and I can't wait to see what you have to say.

The park just needs more practical Rides, plain and simple. let’s be honest.... if this ride has little to no screens, it’s pretty much an automatic win for Universal— simply based on the balancing act they currently have in play. I posted something similar in a different thread, but I’m truly curious how much room the theatre even offers for an attraction. I always thought that between the current walking dead location, and the current theatre location, combining that entire stretch, that there would enough room for a major e-ticket to go there. I always thought that was the ultimate home run for Universal but we’ll see what happens.
A Men in Black clone would be awesome :rock:

To be honest, I am a little surprised that people are excited for a SLOP ride. I, for one, liked the movie, but I don't think it has the longevity (at least not just yet) to get it's own ride. I would think a more practical ride for a franchise such as How To Train A Dragon would make more sense.

Reactions: marip123
To be honest, I am a little surprised that people are excited for a SLOP ride. I, for one, liked the movie, but I don't think it has the longevity (at least not just yet) to get it's own ride. I would think a more practical ride for a franchise such as How To Train A Dragon would make more sense.

Location-wise, it makes sense to have Illumination dominate that area, as it's already dominated by DM.

That said, I would agree...if it wasn't for that I've heard some things (and even seeing some things that we're accidentally posted on IU) that has me giddy with the possible attraction. It legitimately has a lot of potential as a dark ride, and seems like something completely different from what UC have done in a past, in all the best ways.
A Men in Black clone would be awesome :rock:

I would rather want Nintendo than a dated property (not going to immediately say that the MiB Reboot will be a success, until we get a clearer picture of that film project).

Reactions: tankart150
I would think a more practical ride for a franchise such as How To Train A Dragon would make more sense.
I liked SLOP better when it was live-action & called "Homeward Bound" :sneaky: As for Dragons, which is a successful franchise with its tv series on Netflix & upcoming 3rd film, it will be one of the films to takeover DreamWorks Animation Theatre at some point in the future. Just like Trolls & Madagascar.

I'm curious to see what they do with this location though, hopefully it doesn't go to waste like so much space in the rest of the Upper Lot. Also, i'll gladly take that Phantom poster on the exterior lol

Location-wise, it makes sense to have Illumination dominate that area, as it's already dominated by DM.

That said, I would agree...if it wasn't for that I've heard some things (and even seeing some things that we're accidentally posted on IU) that has me giddy with the possible attraction. It legitimately has a lot of potential as a dark ride, and seems like something completely different from what UC have done in a past, in all the best ways.

I would rather want Nintendo than a dated property (not going to immediately say that the MiB Reboot will be a success, until we get a clearer picture of that film project).
Indeed with Nintendo, but the new film is a spin-off, not a reboot. :)

Just to help with context for those who are not familiar with space and size at USH...

The Globe Theater is approximately the same identical size as Saddle Ranch property. These two locations are in no way connected and could not be further away from each other in terms of connective projects:

-Globe Theater is inside the theme park area.

-Saddle Ranch is outside the theme park area.

-Both are separated from each other by a fire exit and the main exit of the theme park. Not to mention a vehicle drop off area which is on a lower elevation.

-As of the day of this post, Saddle Ranch has been lowered to the ground. The Globe Theater is still standing.

I would suggest that whatever happens to Shrek 4D in Orlando could be a higher possibility for the Globe Theater as they are both similar plot sizes and across from Despicable Me. This could allow for consistent theming across the parks. But that is just a guess.

I am not super exited for SLoP, but I am excited for another cohesive themed land in the park.

My guess is that the Globe Theater structure is not going to change as the plot in this area is extremely limited and the building next to it is brand new. I'll bet the ride will fit into the existing building...which we have seen can have limiting factors on experience quality for USH (Mummy anyone???).

USH.png

Last edited:
Just to help with context for those who are not familiar with space and size at USH...

The Globe Theater is approximately the same identical size as Saddle Ranch property. These two locations are in no way connected and could not be further away from each other in terms of connective projects:

-Globe Theater is inside the theme park area.

-Saddle Ranch is outside the theme park area.

-Both are separated from each other by a fire exit and the main exit of the theme park. Not to mention a vehicle drop off area which is on a lower elevation.

-As of the day of this post, Saddle Ranch has been lowered to the ground. The Globe Theater is still standing.

I would suggest that whatever happens to Shrek 4D in Orlando could be a higher possibility for the Globe Theater as they are both similar plot sizes and across from Despicable Me. This could allow for consistent theming across the parks. But that is just a guess.

I am not super exited for SLoP, but I am excited for another cohesive themed land in the park.

My guess is that the Globe Theater structure is not going to change as the plot in this area is extremely limited and the building next to it is brand new. I'll bet the ride will fit into the existing building...which we have seen can have limiting factors on experience quality for USH (Mummy anyone???).

View attachment 6751
I just have to as I feel everyone on this thread is so against thinking outside the box when it comes to these two developments. At the same time it’s also become normal to complain about universal not thinking outside the box, huh. Well the two plots can’t be connected because there is a road and an exit so there is no way they could build a structure that would arch over this(maybe even resembling the arches from the main entrance?) such as a hotel. Well they are really separated(inside and outside the park,huh) so there is no way that universal creative could figure a way to connect two plot separated by a few hundred feet. Hell based on distance the saddle ranch plot is as far away from the city walk main as it is from globe theater but we have no problem in believing it will be a new venue for city walk even though it’s not connected. I wrote about a concept involving a new ride, hotel, and eatery that could combine these two plots, now while I know it has almost zero chance at occurring at least it’s an idea. No one has any idea of what is replacing either plot but nor any info stating they are separate projects. “But they have to be separated because there is no way to be creative with the area and connect”. Fine that’s fine but if your willing to settle for uncreative concepts from universal(“build a box cause we like corners”) then why should they try and on top of that why then complain after the fact. Literally you are saying that Hollywood and Florida should share cohesiveness and ride/land layout, what? The point of theme parks are to entice us to come but if Hollywood shares everything Florida has then why go just go to Florida where there are two parks plus a water park and future parks to be built. Hollywood gets SLOP and Florida villiancon making for diversity amongst park otherwise known incentives to visit. Look I’m not trying to be rude but I feel like as a forum we can’t give a pass only to later say well its expired. One last thing to leave everyone with, nowhere does it ever mention that the saddle ranch plot would be used for a new addition to city walk, it states that it will be a new development for USH and on top of that the plot is leveled and no new info. Universal is secretive about its theme park attractions/bigger projects not normally food venue or shopping venues. And before you all scream at me saying that you know they are separated and all, I’ll Concede once you give me the details showcasing it. For now I will hold out hopes for bigger concept. And my apologies for being a pain newbie

Reactions: tankart150
Just throwing this out for fun as a possible way to connect Globe Theatre to the Saddle Ranch plot. Of course, the pick-up/drop-off and road leading up will need to be graded to match and the upper segments of the escalators will need to be diverted.

USH.png

Reactions: alias8703