Goodbye Globe Theater | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Goodbye Globe Theater

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
With all this talk, and a maze in Parisian, I don't think we will see any movement on this until 2019. Imagine having all this area under construction for Eve. Plus, one of the firework locations was the Globe Theater!
So you think Globe and Parisian are going to be joint projects? Will both rides open at the same time or will they be in phases like Marvel at DCA?

With all this talk, and a maze in Parisian, I don't think we will see any movement on this until 2019. Imagine having all this area under construction for Eve. Plus, one of the firework locations was the Globe Theater!

I think, they should be fine. Especially if it's going to be a Fallon in how this will be handled, they will only need to have the wall's out at a certain amount. And that's not even taking into consideration the possibility of TWDA closing.

EDIT: It's all in logistics, and crowd management IMO.

So you think Globe and Parisian are going to be joint projects? Will both rides open at the same time or will they be in phases like Marvel at DCA?

I think Parisian is possible if they want to go with the same plot as was originally designed on SS28. When the project moved to SS22-25, there was no need to downsize the attraction. In the Upper Lot, there would be a considerable downsize needed to fit inside the Globe plot. With the challenges of the 3 level Globe Theater, and the inclusion of the Frankenstien Loading Dock, I think the Globe Theater can maintain its rear walls and be built into a larger footprint eliminating Baker Street. Is this serious...yes! But if this is not a serious build for 2020, then SLoP has been significantly downsized in scope.

Unless they had planned on doing a full teardown of the Globe first. Which would allow them to keep Parisian open during HHN and Christmas. Then in January have walls extend around Parisian. If they plan on opening in 2020 and the theater is getting leveled. Then summer time-line would fit. If they're just retrofitting designs inside the existing building, then your timeline would work.

I think Parisian is possible if they want to go with the same plot as was originally designed on SS28. When the project moved to SS22-25, there was no need to downsize the attraction. In the Upper Lot, there would be a considerable downsize needed to fit inside the Globe plot. With the challenges of the 3 level Globe Theater, and the inclusion of the Frankenstien Loading Dock, I think the Globe Theater can maintain its rear walls and be built into a larger footprint eliminating Baker Street. Is this serious...yes! But if this is not a serious build for 2020, then SLoP has been significantly downsized in scope.

To be blunt, I don't see them using Parisian, to when they can just close an walkthrough attraction based off of an IP that is facing fatigue more and more, and having the ability to have Pet's as a .83 acre attraction without getting rid of Parisian Courtyard.

EDIT: And, I should remind people that SS28 was not a large pad to begin with, and yet, Pet's was going to be around .76-.82 acres. Less, than the Orlando Shrek 4D building.

And to stress this, if they would use Parisian, I would actually think that'd backfire in Universal, as they'd make Minion Way/Super Silly Fun Land into a dead end.

To be blunt, I don't see them using Parisian, to when they can just close an walkthrough attraction based off of an IP that is facing fatigue more and more, and having the ability to have Pet's as a .83 acre attraction without getting rid of Parisian Courtyard.

I agree. Go with the simple solution. But It would be sad to see SLoP not get the full treatment it was meant to be. There is an easy way and a hard way. Dreamworks Theater was the easy way and I could see this taking the same path. My thoughts are just concerned about the Globe being demolished or not. If it goes down...Universal is going back up big! If the Globe stays up...then its cheap and quick.

I agree. Go with the simple solution. But It would be sad to see SLoP not get the full treatment it was meant to be. There is an easy way and a hard way. Dreamworks Theater was the easy way and I could see this taking the same path. My thoughts are just concerned about the Globe being demolished or not. If it goes down...Universal is going back up big! If the Globe stays up...then its cheap and quick.

But how would it be a simple decision if Pets wasn't even going to be on a large plot of land to begin with?

As I mentioned in my edit, what you describe, sounds like not only a dead end, but entrapping one side of the park. It'd be a slap in Universal's face, especially considering the growth they've been doing, to when they can gut the TWDA Showbuilding portion, tear down the Globe, and have a .83 acre attraction, that would've been on similar footing to SS28's, perhaps more (I'm going off of estimations from when I looked at the pitch concepts, which we're leaked for that attraction by Alicia).

I don't think we'd lose the vision if TWDA is incorporated. And honestly, I'd rather want them to have it there, than to entrap a portion of your park with a dead end.

EDIT: And just to show what I mean, a rough guess of what you are thinking of.

upload_2018-6-9_22-5-28.png

Last edited:
But how would it be a simple decision if Pets wasn't even going to be on a large plot of land to begin with?

As I mentioned in my edit, what you describe, sounds like not only a dead end, but entrapping one side of the park. It'd be a slap in Universal's face, especially considering the growth they've been doing, to when they can gut the TWDA Showbuilding portion, tear down the Globe, and have a .83 acre attraction, that would've been on similar footing to SS28's, perhaps more (I'm going off of estimations from when I looked at the pitch concepts, which we're leaked for that attraction by Alicia).

I don't think we'd lose the vision if TWDA is incorporated. And honestly, I'd rather want them to have it there, than to entrap a portion of your park with a dead end.

EDIT: And just to show what I mean, a rough guess of what you are thinking of.

View attachment 6896
No way that’s happening...no way. That is pitifully poor planning if that’s what ends up happening. Talk about the most awkward and non intuitive layout ever. Just scrap the unpopular TWDA and expand SLoP into that plot. Save Parasian for another dark ride or something.

Also Alex, do you really think they’re going to waste Parisian on Fallon? I don’t see that happening considering they likely want to make an Illumination Land. They could very easily make another two level dark ride like SLoP and have a restaurant and restrooms in that spot.

No way that’s happening...no way. That is pitifully poor planning if that’s what ends up happening. Talk about the most awkward and non intuitive layout ever. Just scrap the unpopular TWDA and expand SLoP into that plot. Save Parasian for another dark ride or something.

Also Alex, do you really think they’re going to waste Parisian on Fallon? I don’t see that happening considering they likely want to make an Illumination Land.

Did I say anything on Fallon? I don't think I did. And honestly, I get the vibe Orlando will have that to themselves in a way, as it's not exactly an attraction that can fit into a small environment.

I do believe an Illumination land is the expectation. Will Globe grow to a 2 story building? Perhaps. The original plan for SLoP was 2 stories with a queue on the first level and ride on the 2nd. My concerns would be the additional weight of a larger building on the Frankenstein Parking Garage. Some structure strengthening would need to happen to place more weight in one spot. To displace the weight would be ideal. Needless to say, this will be an interesting build.

Reactions: k_peek_2000
I do believe an Illumination land is the expectation. Will Globe grow to a 2 story building? Perhaps. The original plan for SLoP was 2 stories with a queue on the first level and ride on the 2nd. My concerns would be the additional weight of a larger building on the Frankenstein Parking Garage. Some structure strengthening would need to happen to place more weight in one spot. To displace the weight would be ideal. Needless to say, this will be an interesting build.

Out of curiosity, could you maybe give like a map or something to show the size of Frankenstein, and how much it bleed's into the park to begin with? I think that'd be a key question to ask.

There was always a concern about the structural integrity of Frankenstein with T2. Perhaps the coversion to DM took weight down? (I don't see that being the case but sadly i'm no civil engineer).

@AstroOwl I had the privilege of not only being able to attend an event in that theater, I also had the chance of working in that theater for special events and such when I worked for USH. It was a wonderful building that hosted many event since its opening on Nov. 18, 1999 and though it has closed they may still keep up the facade in ode to the theater. Though I wish that times wouldn't change and that new things must replace old, It will be missed for what it was. Just like Terminator 2 3D and being replaced with Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem talk seems to be looming around with Pets being the next installment to the Upper Lot as well as the next installment for the land at getting another attraction.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
TWD and the Globe Theater at one point did connect, but after the refurbishment to make what is now TWD, it would make no scence for them to reconncet the two stages back up.