Goodbye Globe Theater | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Goodbye Globe Theater

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
To say this, I think if Pet's gets cut, it'll only be in certain areas of particular that could be shortened. I doubt we will see screens, especially considering the tone of UC after Orlando's Supercharged.

The ripple effects of that attraction, are impressive for new attractions going forward.

TWD and the Globe Theater at one point did connect, but after the refurbishment to make what is now TWD, it would make no scence for them to reconncet the two stages back up.

These two buildings never connected. They have always been separate builds and separate construction projects. Even as Marvel Mania/Mazes, the structure was the same. The Globe Theater was built in 1999 after Terminator 2:3D was formed.

Well, it's official. On July 1st of this year, Globe Theater will shut it's doors for the last time. With the date of closure looming over the horizon, it seems like a good time to remember the building's past.

What did you think of the Globe Theater? Was it a great addition to the park or just a glorified meeting room?
Could the globe theater be the site for USH's 2020 attraction?

Whatever your thoughts and/or predictions are, we can all mourn the death of Universal Hollywood fanciest business complex here. R.I.P Globe Theatre. Thank you for the good times.

Globe Theater at Universal Studios Hollywood set to close July 1 | Inside Universal

Just to bring this up as a reminder, IU has reported of the Globe Theater closing on July 1st, as I can add onto that, saying to expect walls around the building and around a portion of the TWDA Exterior Queue the day after.

Welcome to the Studio Vault! Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye!!!

I think there are 2 questions now:

1. Will it be demolished now or after HHN?

2. Will the building be repurposed?

A wall may come if the work plans to start right away. Otherwise the walls could wait until November...or January...

I think there are 2 questions now:

1. Will it be demolished now or after HHN?

2. Will the building be repurposed?

A wall may come if the work plans to start right away. Otherwise the walls could wait until November...or January...

*Cough*

...as I can add onto that, saying to expect walls around the building and around a portion of the TWDA Exterior Queue the day after.

No walls yet...

...but...to wet the whistle...I am hearing some talk about other changes happening to this area. Probably too premature to list here right now, but let's see how the next two weeks play out...

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
If SLOP is on track for 2020, we can expect to see demo and clean up soon. Remember they're building this on top of the structure so the build may be slower than usual.
If they go the route I think they may go, it would leave room for them to keep TWD until next Spring or Summer. I wouldn’t be surprised to see that space turn into the queue for SLoP.

If they go the route I think they may go, it would leave room for them to keep TWD until next Spring or Summer. I wouldn’t be surprised to see that space turn into the queue for SLoP.

Yeah, I'm getting the distinct impression that they wouldn't need to remove TWDA now if they were to go ham on the attraction...that said.

The Helicopter, is the big question of the day to when that sucker comes down, considering how it's structured.

Helicopter will be removed...

Yes, but the question is primarily when I mean.

Meanwhile, in just bringing it up, the TV's for TWDA have been moved.

From Theme Park Obsession,

img_2669-png.7166

Huh. Would they need to move them if they were only doing inside work for SLoP? Or is this possibly a sign that the building is coming down?