Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Goodbye Globe Theater

Iiiinnnteeeeressting....

There’s no way TWD is going to see any of 2020 before this opens. Looks like the entire Globe building is coming down.

I get that vibe as-well, hell; I wonder if they'd be forced to keep it up if Mummy goes early, just to get some capacity into the park while JP is on Renovations and while Pets is being made.

Either way, yeah; I'd agree with you personally. I doubt TWDA is long for the world; and I'm glad to see that they're trying to retain some of the original TWDA theming for the reworked queue.

I'll try to find a photo when I can, but Walls are now up around Globe.

tumblr_oynyiz5VdN1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

Two Questions:

Will the walking dead attraction also be destroyed for this new attraction?

Hypothetically speaking if this is SLOP, are you guys excited for this attraction?

Personally, I am if the rumors are true of the attraction being a dark ride. This park needs it.

Two Questions:

Will the walking dead attraction also be destroyed for this new attraction?

Hypothetically speaking if this is SLOP, are you guys excited for this attraction?

Personally, I am if the rumors are true of the attraction being a dark ride. This park needs it.

They wouldn't "destroy" TWDA if it'd close, due to how it's apart of the Universal Blvd buildings on the left-side of that area.

That said..If it's Pets, let it be the original concept. Because man that was something special.

They wouldn't "destroy" TWDA if it'd close, due to how it's apart of the Universal Blvd buildings on the left-side of that area.

That said..If it's Pets, let it be the original concept. Because man that was something special.
The only way they can keep the original scenes (and I have seen the plans) is if they have the entire queue in TWD and if they cut one of maybe two of the weaker, non-pivotal scenes with elevator screenz like Transformers to fit the ride on two levels. They would also have to have people enter and exit on the same platform as opposed to entering one end and exiting the other. I know some people would lose their crap having two scenes that are screenz, but I honestly don't care as they're only transition scenes.

The only way they can keep the original scenes (and I have seen the plans) is if they have the entire queue in TWD and if they cut one of maybe two of the weaker, non-pivotal scenes with elevator screenz like Transformers to fit the ride on two levels. They would also have to have people enter and exit on the same platform as opposed to entering one end and exiting the other. I know some people would lose their crap having two scenes that are screenz, but I honestly don't care as they're only transition scenes.

The attraction was always meant to be on two-floors, with presumably the last I saw of the ride portion on the second with the Queue/Gift Shop on the first.

I'm sure @Mad Dog can attest to that as-well.

The attraction was always meant to be on two-floors, with presumably the last I saw of the ride portion on the second with the Queue/Gift Shop on the first.

Yeah, I know it was always meant as two floors (Already mentioned I saw the plans). I think the only way to make it work is make it like Transformers where the actual ride is on two floors (Hence why I brought up the elevators).

Yes, that was the layout so it could fit in a small footprint.....If Universal 'didn't change or value engineer' the version of the ride that was proposed a year ago, it will be a better attraction than Mickey & Minnie at DHS.

Yeah, I know it was always meant as two floors (Already mentioned I saw the plans). I think the only way to make it work is make it like Transformers where the actual ride is on two floors (Hence why I brought up the elevators).

Considering that it was originally made as a Trackless dark ride, that'd be..quite the cut from one system to another. And to be frank, I don't think they need to change the ride system altogether to accomodate it.

One scene in particular, I am betting is going to get shortened, but it was meant to be a bit more of a transitional scene to begin with.

Yes, that was the layout so it could fit in a small footprint.....If Universal 'didn't change or value engineer' the version of the ride that was proposed a year ago, it will be a better attraction than Mickey & Minnie at DHS.

Yeah, and I would argue M&M is also great, but Pets is something very..unique.

Considering that it was originally made as a Trackless dark ride, that'd be..quite the cut from one system to another. And to be frank, I don't think they need to change the ride system altogether to accomodate it.

One scene in particular, I am betting is going to get shortened, but it was meant to be a bit more of a transitional scene to begin with.

Yeah, and I would argue M&M is also great, but Pets is something very..unique.
It seems like you're implying that the ride will also take up TWD's space and TWD won't just be used for queue. I hope that's the case as they will need to combine TWD to fully make this work.

dFSSNw8.jpg

No further progress was being worked on today... so it is now just a big gaping hole of doom...
Getting flashbacks of when they tore down HoH.