Gran Fiesta Tour Updated | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Gran Fiesta Tour Updated

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
...so am I the only one who suspects this was only (finally) done due to the upcoming Frozen Ever After?

Don't get me wrong, it's awesome, but it's definitely needed once that comes up and running. (for the record, I like Gran Fiesta Tour way more than El Rio)

looks good and for 30 year old animatronics they look better than some of the new "updates" for current rides
You have to remember that they were sent to Tokyo for 26 years, so the fact that they've been highly maintained should come as no surprise.

The thing i'll be interested in is if more physical stuff gets added. In the Mickey Mouse Revue, there were 3 sets of caballeros. I have to wonder if the other 2 sets are laying around somewhere and potentially planned to be plugged in over time.

I just watched a 2002 version of Mickey Mouse Revue Japan. These are not the exact same animated characters as used in that show. These are far more nuanced robotics. The center guys beak does an ease-out on closing after long notes. The ones in Japan just snapped open and snapped shut. As well, the rest of the movements are far more smooth.

I just watched a 2002 version of Mickey Mouse Revue Japan. These are not the exact same animated characters as used in that show. These are far more nuanced robotics. The center guys beak does an ease-out on closing after long notes. The ones in Japan just snapped open and snapped shut. As well, the rest of the movements are far more smooth.
They have been upgraded since they were in Japan.

They are indeed the same "chassis" (for lack of a better term) as from the original Mickey Mouse Revue, but Japan of course took very good care of them, and they have obviously been upgraded between arriving back in Florida and being installed. Now, they may be as "original" as a new PC build inside an old case, but they're still the same "case."

Wow, I've been saying that the finale was obviously made for the three animatronics to appear there since this debuted 8+ years ago. But this could take this from what I consider to be among the worst attractions on Disney property to something worth checking out again. Obviously, this is Frozen's doing so let's hope they're feeling inspired for more upgrades around the park to make a use of a FastPass+ option worthwhile.