Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Great Movie Ride Closing?

Disney makes a fortune renting out the Oz portion of the ride for weddings. I remember reading at one point it was booked 18 months in advance. Hard to believe they would get rid of such a cash cow.

Sheeesh, go climb a mountain or canyon or something... a rapids raft ride even, but don't base your existence on WDW! Don't base it on UOR or SW either!

"I just want it to be dreamy dreamy dreamy!" Shut up you stupid moron! :saywhat:

Last edited:
Sheeesh, go climb a mountain or canyon or something... a rapids raft ride even, but don't base your existence on WDW! Don't base it on UOR or SW either!

"I just want it to be dreamy dreamy dreamy!" Shut up you stupid moron! :saywhat:

I greatly value the information you have been sharing with this board about various projects, so don’t take this the wrong way, but do you ever have anything to say about anything Disney-related that isn’t in some way negatively-flavored or vaguely disparaging? You often seem mildly baffled how any sane people could have any interest in or affection for anything the Disney parks have ever offered. If you think that's an unfair characterization of you, then I apologize in advance!

What's sad is that the DHS overhaul had so much potential.

Other than Muppets Courtyard, the DHS overhaul sounds fairly disappointing considering the high cost and DHS's needs. Star Wars Land sounds great, the Mickey E-ticket sounds great (other than placement), but the park still needs updates for shows, more family dark rides, true placemaking, removal of bottlenecks and some sort of water ride (if they're not going to add more trees/shade).

What's sad is that the DHS overhaul had so much potential.

Other than Muppets Courtyard, the DHS overhaul sounds fairly disappointing considering the high cost and DHS's needs. Star Wars Land sounds great, the Mickey E-ticket sounds great (other than placement), but the park still needs updates for shows, more family dark rides, true placemaking, removal of bottlenecks and some sort of water ride (if they're not going to add more trees/shade).
:agree:

Even after all of this is done I still do not think that this park is going to feel like a full day park.

Even after all of this is done I still do not think that this park is going to feel like a full day park.
I agree. SWL should be real good. But bottom line, there won't be any more attractions than there were in 2012. This is all more about replacing what was there rather than truly expanding the park offerings. And I doubt those extra phases that people dream about will ever actually happen.

I agree. SWL should be real good. But bottom line, there won't be any more attractions than there were in 2012. This is all more about replacing what was there rather than truly expanding the park offerings. And I doubt those extra phases that people dream about will ever actually happen.
USF > DHS

By three or four multipliers at this point in time. Even with SWL &TSL it will be at least two multipliers. :)
Especially since Nintendo will be open or at least nearing completion. Then we have the possibility of Fear Factor's replacement.

Nothing so far indicates that DHS will ever be an overall better park than USF.

If I were more excited about the rides coming to Toy Story Land or Star Wars Land (no, I'm not terribly excited about what I've heard), I might be willing to say DHS could overtake (in my personal estimation) USF. As it stands, it sounds like DHS is going to have some of the same issues that I have with USF, but USF will have more big ticket attractions, which will probably still give it the edge.

Even by the end of the decade, my assumption is both DHS and USF will still be my least-favorite parks at their respective resorts.

And this isn't even counting Fallon, Fast and Nintendo.
After Nintendo it will go back to a three or four multiplier....Diagon Alley alone kicked it up to my favorite Theme Park. I just can't imagine anything being built, no matter how good looking it may be, have so many interesting and fun things to do, see and entertain you with. Diagon/London/Hogwarts is the ultimate "Total Package". And I'm not even a Harry Potter book or movie fan.

After Nintendo it will go back to a three or four multiplier....Diagon Alley alone kicked it up to my favorite Theme Park. I just can't imagine anything being built, no matter how good looking it may be, have so many interesting and fun things to do, see and entertain you with. Diagon/London/Hogwarts is the ultimate "Total Package". And I'm not even a Harry Potter book or movie fan.
You need to read the books.

Its the Disney way to spread out the attractions to different parks. Disneyland, by itself, has more attractions than our Magic Kingdom, Epcot and HS combined

Exactly.

Instead of actually expanding Pixar Place (Monstropolis mini-land, Radiator Springs mini-land, Incredibles mini-land), TDO is transforming the area into more Toy Story.

Instead of using Mickey as the basis for a cohesive Toontown-style Animation Courtyard replacement (and subsequently removing the RnRC bottleneck), TDO wants to replace Great Movie Ride.

Instead of adding a new area where GotG could fit, TDO wants to shoehorn it into ToT.

While Muppets Courtyard and Star Wars Land should be solid additions to DHS, Toy Story Land and the possible GotG overlay of ToT are almost bad enough to negate any positive gains DHS might make by 2021/2022.

Exactly.

Instead of actually expanding Pixar Place (Monstropolis mini-land, Radiator Springs mini-land, Incredibles mini-land), TDO is transforming the area into more Toy Story.

Instead of using Mickey as the basis for a cohesive Toontown-style Animation Courtyard replacement (and subsequently removing the RnRC bottleneck), TDO wants to replace Great Movie Ride.

Instead of adding a new area where GotG could fit, TDO wants to shoehorn it into ToT.

While Muppets Courtyard and Star Wars Land should be solid additions to DHS, Toy Story Land and the possible GotG overlay of ToT are almost bad enough to negate any positive gains DHS might make by 2021/2022.
TSL may be cut even further as indicated by @Disneyhead.

Thankfully ToT isn't a guaranteed goner in DHS.

TSL may be cut even further as indicated by @Disneyhead.

Thankfully ToT isn't a guaranteed goner in DHS.
So it went from a low-grade Toy Story expansion to Dinorama? :lol: you can't get much cheaper than an unthemed launched coaster and a Junkyard Jamboree flat ride for a 14-acre expansion.

If ToT is replaced with GotG, I'll probably never go back to DHS.

So it went from a low-grade Toy Story expansion to Dinorama? :lol: you can't get much cheaper than an unthemed launched coaster and a Junkyard Jamboree flat ride for a 14-acre expansion.

If ToT is replaced with GotG, I'll probably never go back to DHS.

I'll go back, I like watching train wrecks