Great Movie Ride Discussion | Inside Universal Forums

Great Movie Ride Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What do you prefer?

• Total voters
Feb 1, 2008
Fort Myers, Florida
I was going to talk about this in my trip report...but wanted to mention it early!

anyways...i was totally shocked during the ride. i swear - i have been on this ride maybe 20 times. every time - we always stop in the ganster area and our ride vehicle is taken over.

well this time our driver kinda sucked. he was not really interacting with the group and he was just pointing out things here and there. plus was hard to hear. well we passed the ganster area and alex and i both looked at eachother like - what was that about...why didnt we stop? this driver really sucks if he missed that!

we then stopped in the cowboy area and the ride was taken over by a cowboy! out of all the times we have done this ride and have never done the cowboy scene...we were shocked to learn this about this ride. its still the same idea but the fire was great!

so obviously...this allows 2 vehicles to run at the same time. is this something that disney just started doing again recently? Like is it not used often because of the fire used in the scene? maybe because it is a busy time of year? I know most of the time we were the only vehicle in the final movie room...but the past 2 or 3 times...there were 2 ride vehicles in the room at the same time.

if is kinda funny cause i told patch that and he said he had the opposite problem. always getting the cowboy room then the last time he got the gangster room.

anyway next time i go...i want to see the cowboy scene again!

I have never had a cowboy take over... always a gangster.
Ah, now I feel jipped, I want a cowboy, gotta try next time.
Oh and I have found ALL the drivers to be horrible actually. :shrug:

When two cars are running the front car will stop in the Cowboy scene and the second will stop in the Gangster scene. If you pay attention you'll also notice that the first car moves much quicker than the second up until the Cursed Jewel scene so it can quickly do its scene then get out of the way for the next car that is close behind. I've been in the second car before where the first car was taking to long and we had to stop just after the Alien scene. We could actually see the car in front of us sitting there and going through the routine.

The only downside of getting the Cowboy scene is how slow your car will creep along when it gets to Casablanca in order for the second car to catch up. I hate that.

The Cowboy scene is only used during busy periods since the fire is expensive to run.

I think out of all the time I've been on it as well, I've only seen the cowboy scene once or twice. The first time I saw it, I thought exactly what you did, James. I was like what a crock of sh*t. :mad:

yea...i noticed that jason...the second car came into the wizard of oz room the same time we arrived. our driver went over the main loud speaker so the second car could hear what was going on.

then they pulled into the movie theatre room just in time for the movie to start.

last time back in december 2 trains were running and we were in the second train. so i didnt think anything of it...but when we got to the oz room our driver did not put the break on and we almost crashed into the tram in front of us. you could tell cause our driver was in a big rush just trying to stop our tram and focused on only that. lol.

I've seen both and also like the cowboy scene better because of the fire effects. Although, if you have a great cast member the gangster routine can be really funny. Thanks for clearing up the slow Casablanca scene Sledge, I wondered why the heck we were stuck in there going so slowly, I figured the ride was broken or something.

Like he mentioned, I have had the complete opposite. Anytime I have been to Disney World, I have always gotten the cowboy version. When I became a big online person, I found out about the gangster. The last I was on the great movie ride was the only time I have gotten the gangster version.

i just think its funny how this is news to some people...i mean - its something so small...yet it changes the ride...lol. i can not think of any other ride at disney where you can get 2 versions of a ride. well besides mission space...

lol...how can people be voting what you like better if you never saw the cowboy one???

i found a youtube for the gangster entrance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2wryet4lIk&feature=related

sadly cant find a cowboy one yet...i wish i knew this before riding the ride! lol.

pretty much you get to the end of the cowboy scene. the cop says stop right there...and the driver sees it is a bank robbery - so he gets out of the ride vehicle to help. the cowboy then has a shoot out. the building catches on fire and in the middle of the fight the cowboy steals the car and the rest of the ride is the same but with a cowboy voice.

Last edited:
I HATE the cowboy scene...if you think the New York accent the gangster does is bad, wait till you hear the country one. AWFUL.

Yeah I didn't vote cause I haven't seen both. Ah find the cowboy one dangit! :lol:

sorry I looked and looked :( You are going this weekend arnt you??? Maybe you can try to get it on Video from your camera?

Just when the line splits - stay in the right. You can also ask the CM if you can get the Cowboy scene! You can be Youtube Famous if you get the clip!!! And I will also give you Rep points! ;-) haha

I like the gangster better cause its more action packed I think.

p.s. in that video with the gangster, her gangster voice...is awful...

18-1.jpg

19-1.jpg

20-1.jpg