Great Movie Ride Discussion | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Great Movie Ride Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What do you prefer?

• Total voters
I love the cowboy scene because of the fire. First time I ever rode TGMR was opening Month and we got the Cowboy, The next time I got the gangster I ahve had the cowboy 3 times and the gangster about the same.

The cowboy scene with the fire to me is better then the wanna be gangsters. I am not crazy about the whole accents and all but I guess some one thought it was a good idea.

Reactions: The Patchman
This should change from "Great Movie Ride Discussion" to "Cowboys vs. Gangesters".

If you don't like the gangsters, it could be worse-they could be gangstas. :lol:

yeah, picture a "gangsta" section instead of "New York Gangster." :lol:

Now that would be scary!

But I didn't even know that there was a gangster scene... I saw the cowboy scene, I thought the fire was pretty cool.

Last edited:
I rode this earlier this week, and it was the worst experiance I ever had on this ride. The ride stopped 3 times to to too many cars. Animatronics were static. John Wayne and eastwood just stood there. The audio was outta sync we got the western speech during alien and completly miss the wicked with due to being so close to the car in front.

It's really sad how down hill this ride has got.

i've had both. personally i find the purpose of even doing either is stupid but whatever. it's the point of the ride so :shrug:

I rode this earlier this week, and it was the worst experiance I ever had on this ride. The ride stopped 3 times to to too many cars. Animatronics were static. John Wayne and eastwood just stood there. The audio was outta sync we got the western speech during alien and completly miss the wicked with due to being so close to the car in front.

It's really sad how down hill this ride has got.

I rode it Sunday, and had no issues whatsoever. Our "guide" was terrible though. :lol:

I think I have had the cowboy take over once. I remember the scarf on his face.

When I was on there a couple weeks ago everything worked, but our guide was awful. She talked too softly and it was hard to understand her. I was glad when the gangster took over because he was pretty good.

You guys do realize that you get different takeovers depending on where you sit, right?

There's an "A" and "B" car. "A" will stop in the cowboy takeover and "B" in the gangster takeover. They typically run just the gangster takeover in the morning and when its less busy, however.