Great Movie Ride Discussion | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Great Movie Ride Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What do you prefer?

• Total voters
the whole ride needs, redone. better animatronics. new script new scenes. its a shame to see something so great just die a whimpering death

Isn't that the same exact movie but with the a plug in the front for TCM. Why did I really think they would try to improve the ride? Hopefully the photo thing at the end will be better than this.

EDIT: There are some new film scenes in there actually, like Guardians of the Galaxy. Still though, they could have really gone big and put in the original ending idea. The one with the animatronics from the show scenes waving goodbye to you from the platform that is actually still present to the right of all the vehicles.

Last edited:
The new finale is here

[video=youtube;Fr24Nqxz-_Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr24Nqxz-_Y&t=162&app=desktop[/video]
Film looks cleaner. Looking good. I'll be there in October to see it close up. Great Movie Ride has always been one of my favorite attractions. Is it dated as many complain? No way. It's about the classics. They never get dated......An aside: I see King Kong sneaked an appearance into the highlight film. Universal just keeps beating Disney at their own game. LOL

Apparently Robert Osborne interacts/narrates alongside the tour guide through half the ride now too. And the new preshow is a whopping 50 minutes. Haven't seen any of it yet so I can't comment on the quality of it yet.

I just hope that the parts where Osborne talks on-ride doesn't take too much away from the live-CM experience, much like they did with Living with the Land and Backlot Tour.

Apparently Robert Osborne interacts/narrates alongside the tour guide through half the ride now too. And the new preshow is a whopping 50 minutes. Haven't seen any of it yet so I can't comment on the quality of it yet.

I just hope that the parts where Osborne talks on-ride doesn't take too much away from the live-CM experience, much like they did with Living with the Land and Backlot Tour.

Heck, kind of hoping for long lines like I do for FJ so I can enjoy the queue/film, and not get rushed through. The previous pre show film was really washed out. It will be cool to see good quality film or digital, whatever they're using.

Terrible, the Osborne narration completely destroys the ride, making the tour guide seem completely pointless. It's not even like he has a character, he just kinda just soaks up the entire ride with no real humor or wit whatsoever. This overall just seems like a pointless commercial and it's sad because it ruined a highlight of an entire park. Very disappointed here if you can't tell lol

Went on it this past Saturday. Pretty much the same ride experience, but I sort of liked the naration better. A lot of time the narration was hard to hear because of the CM or the ride's background music. I've been on the ride countless times and the CM is always awful. The Preshow is much better.

Went on it this past Saturday. Pretty much the same ride experience, but I sort of liked the naration better. A lot of time the narration was hard to hear because of the CM or the ride's background music. I've been on the ride countless times and the CM is always awful. The Preshow is much better.

Agreed, was pretty hard to hear a lot of the narration because of voice over and set music/sound effects.