Grinchmas 2013 Future? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Grinchmas 2013 Future?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, i was thinking that too. I think an extensive Halloween overlay would work a lot better on Universal's rides. Although a new film for Simpsons during Halloween or Christmas would be cool! (ooooor we can just get rid of that all together ;) )

Off topic, but my little dream is somehow after the park closes to have one of the cast members play the BTTF ride footage in the dome and just let the ride start in that way :)

most likely they will use central plaza and there could be more bleacher walls! aside from that 2010 was the best as mummy got the overlay of the grinch's lair and they actauly themed it. but there is the rumor of house of horrors getting a redo so i don't see a grinch maze likely.

With most of Universal Plaza being composed of permanent buildings now/restaurants, and with Curious George closing in September (right month?), where would they host Grinchmas this year...? Would they demolish Curious George completely in time for Grinchmas, host Grinchmas there, and then after Grinchmas start Potter construction?

Or would they put a Grinch overlay on the House of Horrors again?

If none of the above, what could realistically work and where/how?

You could put an indoor show inside the Globe Theatre. Kind of like Grinchmas at IOA.

I thought of that but the Globe isn't THAT big. All you could put inside would be a show, right? What about the tree lighting, snow play area, and other Grinch activities? Technically they can spread the Grinchmas fun to different areas of the park, but that would be too hectic and impractical IMO.

Maybe they can temporarily use the Animal Actors state and seating? Or use the SES building strictly for Grinchmas or have SES during the day and have Grinchmas shows at night in SES? Still leaves the question of the other Grinch activities.

I doubt they'd wanna go smaller than previous years. Maybe Grinch overlays of all the rides?

Jurassic Whoville River Adventure

Revenge of the Grinch: The Ride

The LouWhos Ride: Whoville's Favorite Family

Mt. Krumpit: 360-3D

Grinchformers The Ride 3D.

:p

Reactions: William
^ That would be very cool, If they could create the town of Whoville! However, that would seem like an extremely high cost for something temporary.

That's why I'd be worried. Then again, they spend a huge amount of money on creating detailed maze sets, so why not do that for Grinchmas? If they can create whoville with a show, tree lighting, and snow in the globe, why not?

But Grinchmas at USH is a very popular event like HHN. That is probably why they had test dates for Grinchmas. It has grown after a long hiatus like HHN.

Any chance they can place Grinchmas in the Curious George area? Do you think it'll be fully demolished by then? Or is that too far fetched?

Regarding not having enough room, do you think maybe they can have the Tree Lighting and Snow in Universal Plaza but have the actual show somewhere else? I don't think it would hurt to have Grinchmas in two slightly different areas.

Any chance they can place Grinchmas in the Curious George area? Do you think it'll be fully demolished by then? Or is that too far fetched?

Regarding not having enough room, do you think maybe they can have the Tree Lighting and Snow in Universal Plaza but have the actual show somewhere else? I don't think it would hurt to have Grinchmas in two slightly different areas.
Isn't the show revolved around the lighting ceremony..?

Seems like all this construction is really gonna take a toll. They'll really have to get creative... I mean, how long would it take to rip out the main Curious George water play area? How long does it take to prepare for Grinchmas?

Curious George will be a bonafide construction area by November, so no. Grinchmas is certainly not going to delay Potter.

I'm eager to see how Universal plays with the limitations this year.
*On a side note, I'm super glad Potter won't be delayed at this point.  :rolleyes:   :D  *

HHN is supposed to have the same number of mazes too, so I'm curious as well.

The use of AA for a month for the grinch sounds very plausible. A tree could it in the arena and the seating is perfect for a tree lighting. Remember the show used to be in the WW arena which it self is small and not till this past year did we a giant arena for the Lighting. Also with the giant scope of UP which it is pretty big for USH could possibly still fit it all. I think it would be better to have the snow at UP and tree and show in AA. One things for certain it will be different from last year.

I'm starting to get more and more curious about Grinchmas, as well as excited. Best time of year for the park, even though the lines are nuts. I wonder if they'll fully utilize Universal Plaza for everything or if they'll maybe have some part of the event in SES or AA.

I also kind of wish that another part of the tour would have a Grinchmas segment. I actually LOVED the Mt. Crumpit overlay of the spinning tunnel a few years back!

Reactions: Alexshow.