Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Grinchmas 2013 Official

It's that time of year again folks - my turn to have the reporting fun! Grinchmas 2013 info will be posted here. I'll merge in the other topic later, for now put down the predictions and things you want to see here.

On a separate slightly off topic note...

Long story short, I took a few days to really look at things and calm down and I've decided I can't really give IU up. I love it too much. I may have a slightly different role, but for the meantime...I'm back.

Yup, and as I said on the other thread:

As posted on IU's Facebook, dates have been announced. This is on the official site:

Enjoy a helping of Wholiday cheer:

Take photos with Grinch and his dog Max and make it a Grinchmas to remember

Join the Backlot Whobilation as the Whos sing and dance though Whovile

Stand beneath the towering 60-foot Grinchmas tree and soak in the festive Park décor

So....no mention of a snow playground this year or nightly tree lighting show. Pity :( at least we still have a tree.....not much beyond that :/
:(

Could've been worse I guess.

I'm really let down. Nothing against the actors who are part of the backlot Mini grinchmas show, but I stopped enjoying it. They just...kinda phone it most of the time. Maybe it depends what time your tram drives by. Still cute, but it got old. And it's understandable....they do that same routine every 5-6 minutes for an ENTIRE day. I know, that's not an excuse. I respect them and everything but it's nothing compared to the main tree lighting show... :/ I wish we had it :/

And I can't believe they cut the snow :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really let down. Nothing against the actors who are part of the backlot Mini grinchmas show, but I stopped enjoying it. They just...kinda phone it most of the time. Maybe it depends what time your tram drives by. Still cute, but it got old. And it's understandable....they do that same routine every 5-6 minutes for an ENTIRE day. I know, that's not an excuse. I respect them and everything but it's nothing compared to the main tree lighting show... :/ I wish we had it :/

And I can't believe they cut the snow :(
Yea... i'm thinking wether or not to just skip this year. I mean i just don't get the point as i think the tram portion for me is now tiresome and the part i loved most is the tree lighting. unless if they do a minor thing like that but one show and just them lighting up the tree mabye but right now i'm most likely won't be in universal in the holidays.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they at least pour some money into decorating all of the park.

I wonder WHY the cutbacks though. I'd want to make the event out of this world to compete with Disneyland....

I would think it has to do with construction in the upper lot, but that didn't stop HHN...so...I'm confused. :(

I wonder WHY the cutbacks though. I'd want to make the event out of this world to compete with Disneyland....

I would think it has to do with construction in the upper lot, but that didn't stop HHN...so...I'm confused. :(
Construction is ramping up now that Halloween Horror Nights has concluded. That may have been a factor.

There is a lot of conflicting information. I would love to have the tree lighting ceremony, I really loved it last year. I saw the website and no info of the lighting ceremony or snow area. I am pretty sure they are not coming this year, unless we get a christmas miracle or they are holding the information to find an 11th hour solution.

The lack of a tree lighting is sad but no snow play is inexcusable... hopefully it was just left out of the mentions. It's a huge part of the reason people head to USH for Grinchmas.

A well rounded Grinchmas is important for USH. Especially now of all times. USH is really lacking family friendly attractions and experiences at this time, with Curious George gone and SSFL still in construction mode. Which just makes me even more confused as to why they would cut the snow play area....that would've essentially been a family friendly "attraction" this winter....

I never played in the snow during Grinchmas, but the tree lighting ceremony? They're honestly cutting that? That doesn't make much sense at all.