Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Grinchmas 2014

Ahh, you posted that way too late Jon haha, they already had them yesterday and today. Wish I knew earlier! Would love to audition next year then.

Btw, am I the only one not a fan of the mini Grinch show on the backlot? It's gotten old way too fast, way too short (it's actually gotten shorter), the poor actors are noticeably worn out (I can tell), and just...idk....it's gotten old. I hope they'll try and do an actual show this year, but I doubt it.
I think I'm a little tired of the Grinch backlot mini show, too. I'm definitely up for something bigger.

I don't see any changes over last year as long as this construction is still strong.  Grinchmas is great to have, but not a time where I wish to deal with the crowds.  Construction doubles that thought.

With construction being at its craziest point that it's ever been right now, I'm expecting a small Grinchmas.

Gosh it's gonna be a nightmare to navigate the park in these coming months...

I definitely see them heavily decorating SSFL and Gru's neighborhood to offset crowds to be over there more.

I wonder if they'll ever retheme Grinchmas to another property. I guess it would depend on a new fantasy Christmas movie from Universal.

Personally I love the Grinch theme. Good message, colorful, quirky, and unique compared to all the other parks and their Christmases.

Isn't Illumination still planning a new animated Grinch movie? Even if they released it, it would still make more sense to model the event after the live action version.

Thing is though, how would they translate the animated version into a live action Grinchmas event? I think they'll still with the classic live action version.
I guess they'd essentially keep everything the same, but replace the current Grinch with a more cartoony version stylized to the upcoming film. Not quite sure if that's my preference, though.

Grinchmas dates are finally posted on the official USH site. My immediate reaction is that they've delayed the start of Grinchmas by 1 week. Instead of starting on Thanksgiving, Grinchmas starts Dec. 6. It feels like they've scaled back, and possibly because of all the construction at the park. A larger tree-lighting ceremony doesn't seem like it's in the cards for this year. Oh well, I'm still excited for Grinchmas...when it finally opens.  :D

Yeah, it being scaled back wouldn't be surprising even 1%.

I can't wait until USH eventually does a huge full park holiday event and overlay, like they do for HHN and with what Disney does during the holidays. So much potential.

^^ Nice catch, Armadillo4!

It looks like this year's event will be a continuation from 2013 with pretty much the same entertainment options and interactive meet-and-greets. The only puzzling thing I can think of is the later start date. I'd be curious to know why they're delaying the event one week in comparison to last year.

Yup, same as last year. I'd imagine they're just loaded with construction already so they're taking an extra week to get all the decor up and that's why there is a delay. Although it won't help crowds, gulp.