Grinchmas 2014 | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Grinchmas 2014

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm ridiculously excited for Grinchmas, so I don't know what y'all are talkin about.  :rolleyes:

I can't wait until USH eventually does a huge full park holiday event and overlay, like they do for HHN and with what Disney does during the holidays. So much potential.
Isn't that what they began doing last year? I'm not sure if this was a new addition since Grinchmas 2012 is kind of a blur to me, but last year seemed vastly improved in the Lower Lot to be specific. Several Christmas trees with large present decorations, more wreaths/garland, and they were even playing holiday songs on a steel pan drum in front of Jurassic Park. 

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Yes, they've dramatically increased the amount of park decor last year (presumably to compensate for the lack of snow and a full fledged tree lighting ceremony).

Looked really nice.

Reactions: William
I'm ridiculously excited for Grinchmas, so I don't know what y'all are talkin about. :rolleyes:

Isn't that what they began doing last year? I'm not sure if this was a new addition since Grinchmas 2012 is kind of a blur to me, but last year seemed vastly improved in the Lower Lot to be specific. Several Christmas trees with large present decorations, more wreaths/garland, and they were even playing holiday songs on a steel pan drum in front of Jurassic Park.
Well yes, they increased the amount of decorations but notice I said a HUGE event. It's still a small event compared to what Disney does for the Holidays and Universal does for Halloween. I'm saying there's even more potential to make it even bigger eventually. It was beautiful last year, but I think they can go bigger :) I love the holidays more than anything, so I'd love to see them go even more full out eventually after there's no construction.

More park wide decorations, a holiday version of the upcoming night studio tour (and maybe more Grinch stuff along the tram route instead of the 2 minute Whoville lip sync extravaganza), a scaled down version of the Grinch musical from Broadway inside the Castle Theatre that would play a few times throughout the day, a bigger Grinchmas show during the tree lighting, snow play area, ride overlay for Minion Mayhem eventually down the line, Gru's neighborhood and SSFL being fully decorated, Shrek 4D get changed to the Shrek Holiday Special they released a few years ago but in 3D, additional mini shows here and there, WaterWorld become WinterWorld (I know, I knowwww, but just imagine ;) )

I just love all things holiday so I just wanna see it bigger :)

It'll be interesting to see if they DO decorate Gru's neighborhood this year!

Note, last year my expectations were pretty low knowing there was no more snow play area or a full tree-lighting show. So I admit that I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of entertainment that was put together in the Universal Plaza. Still, I can't wait until all the construction is done and over with to see what USH can do with Grinchmas when they're not constrained as much.

Reactions: William
More park wide decorations, a holiday version of the upcoming night studio tour (and maybe more Grinch stuff along the tram route instead of the 2 minute Whoville lip sync extravaganza), a scaled down version of the Grinch musical from Broadway inside the Castle Theatre that would play a few times throughout the day, a bigger Grinchmas show during the tree lighting, snow play area, ride overlay for Minion Mayhem eventually down the line, Gru's neighborhood and SSFL being fully decorated, Shrek 4D get changed to the Shrek Holiday Special they released a few years ago but in 3D, additional mini shows here and there, WaterWorld become WinterWorld (I know, I knowwww, but just imagine ;) )

I just love all things holiday so I just wanna see it bigger :)

It'll be interesting to see if they DO decorate Gru's neighborhood this year!
I completely forgot we were getting a Nighttime Studio Tour, so reading this made me quite giddy.

If they don't decorate Minion Mayhem's façade for the holidays, it'd be such a missed opportunity. SSFL would look incredible as well.

Yeah I'm most curious to see if they'll decorate Gru's neighborhood for the holidays. Seems like an extremely missed opportunity if they don't.

I completely forgot we were getting a Nighttime Studio Tour, so reading this made me quite giddy.

If they don't decorate Minion Mayhem's façade for the holidays, it'd be such a missed opportunity. SSFL would look incredible as well.
The night tour is hopefully gonna provide a unique opportunity to add something more for the holidays as well in the future, if they make it stick for more than a year.

And yeah, it'd be fantastic if they just completely did up Gru's neighborhood like most neighborhoods around the country do. Heck, it'd be nice to see fake snow on the roofs as well, to make it blend in more with the fake snow that's over the Baker's Street facades.

Lots and lots of potential!

f1yzdg.jpg

*sigh* one can dream.

I swear, I have never ever been this excited for the holiday season in my life. I cannot possibly put into words how ecstatic I am to visit Grinchmas this year, drawbacks or not. Am I the only one who thinks it's already December?

^ I'm not as excited as years past, only because of the construction, but I AM super excited. It's my time of year at USH, as I don't like HHN haha. I know it's early but the holidays are my favorite and I'm enjoying all the music :)

2laarmx.png

I'm guessing there won't be a snow play area in SSFL afterall, I'm sure they would've advertised it by now or included it here. They don't really mention the tree lighting either....I'm sure it'll happen though.

Not surprised though.

I heard there will be no NYE event this year. No fireworks, no special entertainment.

Anyone else hear anything?

Nothing beats Disneyland for New Years though, for WoC or in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle. Both parks are just buzzing with anticipation and it's a massive party. And they have fantastic New Years countdown shows. Jon, you'd enjoy the World of Color :p

^ I like World of Color, but I definitely don't like waiting hours just to see a show.

...unless, of course, you're willing to wait for me.