Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Gringotts glitching...

Feb 17, 2016
I beleive it happened from team members pushing cars through too quickly, but the 2nd scene after the drop, where you get pushed into the next scene , everything just stopped after being pushed. It lasted a good 45 seconds.... Then it continued on... There was a car load of first timers minus us.... How often does this happen? And do they even realize it?

I find this ride to be generally 'glitchy', I've noticed many malfunctions lately. One time I rode the vehicle next to us was facing the complete opposite direction it was supposed to face during the simulated drop scene but the motion base was moving regardless. Another time I experienced a malfunction was during the encounter with Bellatrix and Voldemort in one of the vaults, nothing the characters were saying was synced with what was being displayed on screen nor were the vehicle movements. Very often I find that the vehicles don't spin/rotate how they're supposed to. I'm sure they know about these types of problems when they happen but I don't think it gives them a big enough concern for them to stop the ride.

If everything stopped it's more likely something triggered an emergency stop. Maybe someone tried to get out of the restraint at the load area, maybe one of the effects went out of acceptable parameters...

But glitches with individual vehicles can happen - as noted with the sound not matching the video. In the good old fashion days the audio came from the physical film itself so when the film rolled the audio was pretty much guaranteed to be in sync. Now they're two separate elements running from time-code to match. If one glitches it'll be off.

I have seen Spider Man glitch out numerous times. If you want to ride a hyper high tech ride, then cut it some slack.

To answer the earlier question, the system knows of these glitches. If it is common and can be corrected quickly, then it will. If it isn't then it may result in an e-stop.

I've been on Gringotts a couple times when it glitched/E-stopped. The first time I ever went on, the sound effects weren't working. All the normal audio worked except sound effects like the dragon roar. Another time, the ride stopped, then continued to the next scene, then stopped again. It was pretty amazing to see how the ride worked. I also thought it was neat to see the "squinching" effect used in the Bellatrix/Voldemort first encounter scene. And it was a bit scary when it started randomly spinning while the vehicle was stopped, haha.

PS: I've also been on Spider Man when the audio at the end of the ride started playing at the beginning of it. The disco/upbeat music definelty added a different feeling to the ride. :lol:

I've been on Gringotts a couple times when it glitched/E-stopped. The first time I ever went on, the sound effects weren't working. All the normal audio worked except sound effects like the dragon roar. Another time, the ride stopped, then continued to the next scene, then stopped again. It was pretty amazing to see how the ride worked. I also thought it was neat to see the "squinching" effect used in the Bellatrix/Voldemort first encounter scene. And it was a bit scary when it started randomly spinning while the vehicle was stopped, haha.

PS: I've also been on Spider Man when the audio at the end of the ride started playing at the beginning of it. The disco/upbeat music definelty added a different feeling to the ride. :lol:
For some reason we had a good number of rides on Spider Man where it had major glitches with the sound and scenes skipping, stopped or out of synch on our two vacations last year. Prior to 2016 I never experienced a glitch, and I rode it many dozens of times. I never experienced a glitch on Gringotts, but my GF did on her vehicle once when we were single riders.

I beleive it happened from team members pushing cars through too quickly, but the 2nd scene after the drop, where you get pushed into the next scene , everything just stopped after being pushed. It lasted a good 45 seconds.... Then it continued on... There was a car load of first timers minus us.... How often does this happen? And do they even realize it?
Heh, welcome to the OU (soon to be IU) forums. :thumbsup::cheers: