1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Guardians of the Galaxy Attraction Headed to Epcot

Discussion in 'Epcot' started by Brian G., Jul 15, 2017.

1. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

and ...people on this site are pretty fair to Disney also, for the most part. It's balanced WDW viewpoints on IU, and that's really commendable for a site that's primarily Universal oriented. You'll also get a lot more WDW discussion on this site than you'll ever see Universal discussion on a WDW site.

2. belloq87

belloq87 Veteran Member

The middle ground between light and shadow...
    I can only be honest about my feelings regarding how Disney is operating, and my honest feelings are that they have made - and continue to make - extremely questionable decisions with respect to their theme parks (and Epcot in particular) over the last decade, which leads me to be skeptical of current and near-future projects. That doesn't mean I'm down on everything they're doing (I'm very excited for Galaxy's Edge and TRON), but it does mean I'm going to hold them accountable when they do things I don't like, just as I do with Universal.

I love Disney and I love Universal, but I don't have to love everything they do.

3. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

Pretty much.

4. Skold

Skold Rookie

This is completely a straw man argument that you introduce with this post.

You say that that "not many people cared" about Energy, but you don't mention the fact that the original version was changed to an inferior version and even that was not kept up. It cited facts that have since been dis-proven, had scenes with dinosaurs from different eras together, and let's not even talk about the Ellen AA. The original was an engineering marvel, from the pre-show Kinetic Mosaic to the dinosaur diorama to the Walls of Mirrors. The moving theater system is revolutionary. It's not far -fetched to think that if the original was updated as new discoveries were unearthed, people would still be fascinated. People did not like the product it became (and the lack of upkeep for that), not the original. This is all on bad management.

You also mention people's "hate of everything Disney" and point out Mission Breakout. Many people here have mentioned that they like it better than ToT!

I stay away from posting on WDW boards because of how invested people are and how that leads to people getting worked up. I post here because it is very even-keeled, most people are rational, and almost no one does the things you say they do.

Chase Gunderson, therock and Quint like this.
  5. UAN17

UAN17 Rookie

Not denying there wasn’t some nice tech in there and poor implementation.

I’m largely talking about magic tbh, where everything is always awful no matter what it is & I’ve had enough. I’ve been reading it nearly 2 decades now and there’s barely even an acknowledgement that this era of investment, even if they don’t agree with all decisions, is preferable to the the past 20 years where’s they’ve been whinging about what a Universal are doing and spending vs Disney! They’ve asked for Disney to spend money on rides and lands that match and surpass Universal....they’re giving it a go and every aspect of change is always the worst thing they could have possibly done.

There’s been a hate of Disney’s management for so long that everything they announce gets swarmed on. Even early optimism from announcements like Tron gets worn down to “this should have even something else”

Too many people have been programmed over there to reject everything Disney does.

6. UAN17

UAN17 Rookie

Sorry for the mild rant I think I’m just Jet lag cranky haha (back from Disneyland! :) ) I read about 10 threads in a row with constant moaning so I lost it.

I read and sometimes contribute to these forums to supplement my love for the parks and to criticise where it’s deserved. I don’t read them to make me feel overly negative about what is one of my favourite places to go on holiday,.

Jones14, Skold and OrlLover like this.
  7. OLSinFLA

OLSinFLA Member

I think the buildup to the diorama was so much more impressive in the original UoE. After the dramatic climax of the film ("Come with us now..") when the theater faced th curtains which rose to reveal the set... and paused just long enough before rolling forward to seal the deal. I remember people actually gasped.

therock and Quint like this.
  8. Disneyhead

Disneyhead Veteran Member

The sad fact remains that the thing that killed both UoE and GMR was the ride systems had reached the end of their lifespan and would have required an entirely new ride system.

Disney isn't going to dump that kind of money into decades old attractions. Particularly ones that have low GSATs.

They suffered the same fate as Kongfrontation and Jaws. MiB and CitH are in a similar situation. Although I hear that CitH may get a Sally Corp replacement RS.

9. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

Anyone that expected Energy to get a refurb or be redone was kidding themselves

10. Legacy

Legacy Veteran Member

Epcot died when the wand came down.

11. hishedale

hishedale Veteran Member

CitH?

therock likes this.
  12. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Cat in the Hat.....that one used to confuse me too......Men in Black & Cat have basically the same vehicles.

therock and hishedale like this.
  13. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

It seems odd to me that Cat is older than MIB for some reason.

ChristopherSE likes this.
  14. hishedale

hishedale Veteran Member

Yeah, I was trying to thing of rides with that acronym. I forget Seuss Landing even exists half the time.

therock and Mad Dog like this.
  15. OLSinFLA

OLSinFLA Member

Doesn't Tower of Terror at DHS use the same ride system more or less?

16. OLSinFLA

OLSinFLA Member

EPCOT died when the wand went up

17. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

Kind of but people love Tower of Terror and don’t just kind of like it after it’s been removed.

18. OLSinFLA

OLSinFLA Member

I was referring to the fact that it was stated the ride system was end-of-life but ToT still uses it.

19. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

Even if it is end of life, it’s worth it to keep investing In it because it’s such a popular ride was more my point.

I think that Tower of Terrors days are numbered however and a revamp of the attraction would be an ideal time to update the ride system.

20. OLSinFLA

OLSinFLA Member

God, no. We'd probably end up with the crappy versions of ToT other places got.