Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 337 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm curious to hear why you think Kong has great ride repeatability? My wife and I were talking about this last night. 8 of us were at Universal last year and got to ride Kong. Only 1 of us liked it and she was the only one to ride it again. We are heading to Universal again a few weeks and have no interest in riding it again.

To me, this is a moving theatre. It's got set pieces. The car is boring, the screens are boring and the car shakes. I don't see a reason to ever do it again. The ride seems the same each time, unless I'm missing that there are different scenes for different rides.

I understand that Universal needed places to put people, but it's been sad that they built Fallon, Kong and now Fast and Furious. They all seem the same. Fast and the Furious is the biggest disappointment as it is neither fast nor furious. This was a great chance for them to make a Rockin' Rollercoaster type ride.

We are hoping that they build a new and exciting ride to get us to come back again next year. If they continue to build these IMHO "People mover" type of rides, we won't be back for a while.

Sheesh.... Different strokes for different folks, but most attractions even fantastic ones like Forbidden Journey or Haunted Mansion are pretty much the same every time you ride it.. Do you guys just not like attractions/rides? I can understand not being a huge fan of Kong, but to not ever want to ride it again seems odd for a theme park fan? Was your line like 3 hours or something? I mean I've only ridden Stitch's Great Escape once and I wouldn't miss other things for it, but I still would experience it again if the situation arose.

Sheesh.... Different strokes for different folks, but most attractions even fantastic ones like Forbidden Journey or Haunted Mansion are pretty much the same every time you ride it.. Do you guys just not like attractions/rides? I can understand not being a huge fan of Kong, but to not ever want to ride it again seems odd for a theme park fan? Was your line like 3 hours or something? I mean I've only ridden Stitch's Great Escape once and I wouldn't miss other things for it, but I still would experience it again if the situation arose.

No ride times were short. But there are rides that I have done once and never need to do again, like Simpsons and Kong. I'll ride Hulk, Rip Ride Rocket, Greengots, Mummy Spiderman and Transformers every day that I'm there. Same at Disney. I never need to ride It's a Small World or Winnie the Pooh again. But I'll ride Rockin Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror multiple times over.

Kong was boring. Anything that has you in a car with screens isn't super exciting. At least Fallon is funny at times and the preshow is good. Kong was very disappointing.

I'm close to myself

1. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey(when everything is working)
2.Spaceship Earth (when everything is working)
3.Dinosaur (when everything is working)
4.Splash Mountain (when everything is working)
5. Haunted Mansion (when everything is working)

Just missed the cut: Tower of Terror, Spider-man, Expedition Everest

No ride times were short. But there are rides that I have done once and never need to do again, like Simpsons and Kong. I'll ride Hulk, Rip Ride Rocket, Greengots, Mummy Spiderman and Transformers every day that I'm there. Same at Disney. I never need to ride It's a Small World or Winnie the Pooh again. But I'll ride Rockin Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror multiple times over.

Kong was boring. Anything that has you in a car with screens isn't super exciting. At least Fallon is funny at times and the preshow is good. Kong was very disappointing.
I've ridden Simpson's 35-40 times. Took 15 to pick up all the nuances. Still find it hilarious. Just me.

I'm curious to hear why you think Kong has great ride repeatability? My wife and I were talking about this last night. 8 of us were at Universal last year and got to ride Kong. Only 1 of us liked it and she was the only one to ride it again. We are heading to Universal again a few weeks and have no interest in riding it again.

To me, this is a moving theatre. It's got set pieces. The car is boring, the screens are boring and the car shakes. I don't see a reason to ever do it again. The ride seems the same each time, unless I'm missing that there are different scenes for different rides.

I understand that Universal needed places to put people, but it's been sad that they built Fallon, Kong and now Fast and Furious. They all seem the same. Fast and the Furious is the biggest disappointment as it is neither fast nor furious. This was a great chance for them to make a Rockin' Rollercoaster type ride.

We are hoping that they build a new and exciting ride to get us to come back again next year. If they continue to build these IMHO "People mover" type of rides, we won't be back for a while.
Actually, I have a really long ride review on Kong on the Kong ride review thread. So I don't really want to repeat the entire review, but I will comment on the rerideability aspect . The 360 degree scene has so much going on at one time that it's impossible to see all of the action on one, or even a few rides. I was seeing things on apx. my tenth ride, like the giant Spider, that I never picked up on previous rides. Also, the seating on this attraction, gives you 'significantly' different views of the screen action and reactions to the special effects, than a typical ride. Best seats are middle to back, but seating on the right, left, or middle will also give you different viewings of the action occuring on the pre screens and the 360 screen. . It's also important that you ride when the outside portion is open. That outside segment really sets up the ambiance of the entire ride...And, on any given day, Kong will nearly always have the longest, or second longest, stand by ride lines at either Universal park. The fact that it's a very 'high capacity' ride, and it's two years old already, basically says that it's an attraction that is fairly popular with people attending the parks.

Last edited:
I think Kong has re-rideability for two reasons

1. Although not too much different, the driver/tour guide can be one of 5 different ones, so the narration changes.

2. If you focus on the left side for one ride, you'll miss everything on the right side, and vice versa, so IMO it's worth at least 2 rides to see most things.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Actually, I have a really long ride review on Kong on the Kong ride review thread. So I don't really want to repeat the entire review, but I will comment on the rerideability aspect . The 360 degree scene has so much going on at one time that it's impossible to see all of the action on one, or even a few rides. I was seeing things on apx. my tenth ride, like the giant Spider, that I never picked up on previous rides. Also, the seating on this attraction, gives you 'significantly' different views of the screen action and reactions to the special effects, than a typical ride. Best seats are middle to back, but seating on the right, left, or middle will also give you different viewings of the action occuring on the pre screens and the 360 screen. . It's also important that you ride when the outside portion is open. That outside segment really sets up the ambiance of the entire ride...And, on any given day, Kong will nearly always have the longest, or second longest, stand by ride lines at either Universal park. The fact that it's a very 'high capacity' ride, and it's two years old already, basically says that it's an attraction that is fairly popular with people attending the parks.

I'm from close to Pittsburgh to, so I'll let this go :). We all have different tastes, to each their own. Kong will never be the Steel Phantom.

Reactions: jrn14 and Mad Dog
I'm from close to Pittsburgh to, so I'll let this go :). We all have different tastes, to each their own. Kong will never be the Steel Phantom.
Yes, we all have different tastes......and, I just rode the Revenge of the Phantom on Saturday at Kennywood AP day. And, though I'm back home in the Pittsburgh area , I lived in Monroe, Michigan for a number of years. I salute a fellow Yinzer. :cheers:.....and...Welcome to the IU forum.................:thumbsup:

@Skubersky review on Orlando Weekly is up. It's well reasoned and level headed.

The new ‘Fast & Furious: Supercharged’ attraction might be Universal’s biggest misstep of the decade | Live Active Cultures | Orlando Weekly

The new ‘Fast & Furious: Supercharged’ attraction might be Universal’s biggest misstep of the decade said:
Ultimately, I think Supercharged is doomed to disappoint the fans who have made Fast & Furious a $5 billion-plus worldwide franchise: They go to the movies for vicarious thrills, and visit the parks for visceral ones. I repeatedly watched guests enter the attraction energized, only to emerge looking like Vin Diesel just drove over their cat. If anything good comes out of Supercharged, it should be the end of Universal's overreliance on projection screens. The Harry Potter and Nintendo attractions en route will purportedly primarily use physical figures and sets, hopefully making Fast & Furious the final motion simulator we see at Universal for some time.

Is there anyone on this board who isn't from Pittsburgh?!?! (born and raised myself)
:cheers:....just the best posters are from Pittsburgh...:lol:.............................and so I don't get yelled at for being off topic......I loved Seth's F&F review. Kind of says what most of us have been saying for two years.....But, I won't be able to give my official statement until I go in 2 weeks. And, like Seth, I'll try to give it 5 or 6 rides at least to get a real feel. But, I'm certainly not optimistic at this point in time.

Reactions: Skubersky
:cheers:....just the best posters are from Pittsburgh................................and so I don't get yelled at for being off topic......I loved Seth's F&F review. Kind of says what most of us have been saying for two years.....But, I won't be able to give my official statement until I go in 2 weeks. And, like Seth, I'll try to give it 5 or 6 rides at least to get a real feel. But, I'm certainly not optimistic at this point in time.

One of the reasons why I'm not a fan of posting social media impressions andassem is it turns into masterbatory noise quickly. More critique and analysis of themed entertainment is needed; the industry needs our Roger Ebert. While Seth's article isn't any more positive than the social media reviews it does offer more meditation, thought, and provides a voice. There need to be taste makers in the industry who are not behooved to the industry in some way.

One of the reasons why I'm not a fan of posting social media impressions andassem is it turns into masterbatory noise quickly. More critique and analysis of themed entertainment is needed; the industry needs our Roger Ebert. While Seth's article isn't any more positive than the social media reviews it does offer more meditation, thought, and provides a voice. There need to be taste makers in the industry who are not behooved to the industry in some way.
Yes, I agree. I think the TA, twitter, Google etc. stuff is basically garbage. And I value impressions from people like Seth, Alicia, Brian, Nick etc. that have some credibility.

I thought anyone who liked GotG:MB weren’t to be listened to ;)
Trust me, that was the hardest part of that column to write. I was mentally prepared for GotG to be a 1&done, but I ended up doing it twice a day for 5 days. And my wife, who used to wait outside ToT while I rode, happily went with me every time. I’m not saying it’s perfect, but it does capture the spirit of the GotG films much better than F&F does. If nothing else, at least the GotG actors don’t look like they’d rather be getting dusted by Thanos than filming on a greenscreen...

Trust me, that was the hardest part of that column to write. I was mentally prepared for GotG to be a 1&done, but I ended up doing it twice a day for 5 days. And my wife, who used to wait outside ToT while I rode, happily went with me every time. I’m not saying it’s perfect, but it does capture the spirit of the GotG films much better than F&F does. If nothing else, at least the GotG actors don’t look like they’d rather be getting dusted by Thanos than filming on a greenscreen...

I'm now of the opinion that the only people who don't like Mission Breakout are people who haven't been on it.

Haha! I’m glad you enjoyed it! I was pleasantly surprised also. A great job redoing an existing attraction.

Reactions: Skubersky