Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jeez, one number gets tossed out and all of a sudden, magic bands cost $2B and pandora cost $1B. Hilarious how people know budgets for entire projects when even the closest contractors don’t know budgets- only their portion of the project. The closest confirmation we ever got for a recent WDW budget was a NYT article stating $500m for Pandora- contrasting everyone who threw out budget numbers.

We’ve had this argument before- so much gets buried in these numbers that we never have an idea how much the specifics/line item of a major project or individual ride costs. Ever. In particular when these projects last 12-14 quarters or longer. Only the auditor would know- although I suspect he doesn’t even care enough to compile and line item the data over those 14 quarters. Regardless- he certainly isn’t sharing that data with anyone here or elsewhere.

So who brought up “speculation” originally? That’s all budget talk is.

I’m fine with it, but call a spade a spade.

Last edited:
Jeez, one number gets tossed out and all of a sudden, magic bands cost $2B and pandora cost $1B. Hilarious how people know budgets for entire projects when even the closest contractors don’t know budgets- only their portion of the project. The closest confirmation we ever got for a recent WDW budget was a NYT article stating $500m for Pandora- contrasting everyone who threw out budget numbers.

I will fly to where you live, look you in the eye, and tell you RoL and Pandora combined cost $1bn. And RoL didn't cost $500m.

But yes back to topic.

I think they're working on Energy's roof first. Lots of cords and cables running up to it and they keep bringing in high reaches.

Also, I think they replaced the lights on it that point at Spaceship Earth, as that side seems to sort of glow brighter than other parts.

Reactions: tankart150
I will fly to where you live, look you in the eye, and tell you RoL and Pandora combined cost $1bn. And RoL didn't cost $500m.

But yes back to topic.
It didn't cost $500M, but it wasn't cheap either. It was actually a very costly show for Disney. I've heard as much as $250M.

It's late 2017 and this attraction won't open until 2021.

That's really early to start construction. Makes me think Disney really wants to spread this attraction over as many fiscal quarters as possible. Or, this land will temporarily be used as a staging area for other parts of the Epcot expansion (not convinced)

It's late 2017 and this attraction won't open until 2021.

That's really early to start construction. Makes me think Disney really wants to spread this attraction over as many fiscal quarters as possible. Or, this land will temporarily be used as a staging area for other parts of the Epcot expansion (not convinced)

Well, this first permit just covers the ground prep and ponds. They’re getting a parking lot expansion out of it. So they’ll likely use it. Ratatouille shouldn’t take as long to build.

Reactions: gertpete and Nick
Can't believe that not even 1/4 of the cleared land will be used for the ride building. I get that they need to move the canal and build the pond for water runoff but seems like a waste of land.

CHILL OUT GUYS.

No need to be condescending or name calling. Let's bring this back on topic.

Also, how about we just not post in this thread unless it's about GotG construction progress or rumors for now since we obviously can't keep this thread on topic otherwise...

I'm guessing a lot of posts were deleted? Because I'm seeing numerous instances saying to stay on topic but the previous post is from a completely different day? Not just in this thread but other threads too? Guess I missed all the big fights, lol.

I'm guessing a lot of posts were deleted? Because I'm seeing numerous instances saying to stay on topic but the previous post is from a completely different day? Not just in this thread but other threads too? Guess I missed all the big fights, lol.
No fights on today's threads that got deleted. This one was older stuff from a couple of days ago. Todays deletions were just some good lines that the mods objected to since they weren't on topic. :lol: On the threads today, it was all good natured. Actually was way more interesting than the other threads' topics..:)

Reactions: Ashhanbre and WAJAS
I quite like coasters!

Mako was a revelation. So much fun.

Oh, there's Marni back from the ether- and he's gone again. ;)

Mako looks like an air time blast, and that I am going to be interested to see if that's what Slinky and Guardians tries to do for their retrospective coaster aspects. Specifically Guardians, as I would imagine there would also be showscenes.

I quite like coasters!

Mako was a revelation. So much fun.
Ah, for some reason I thought I remembered reading that at one time. Sorry for the mix up. Agreed on Mako too! My favorite coaster in Orlando.

Nice to see you over here, you should drop by more often!

Reactions: Marni1971