Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Every time I see "Jim Hill said..." I feel like it almost automatically gives a rumor less credibility :lol:

That's unfortunate in this case as a Coco overlay is definitely drawn up. The green light depends on if the film does well or not, however.

Jim gets info but tends to treat it as an absolute and not in the grey. Add onto this people using him as a political pawn to get their projects more attention/favor.

From what I saw Coco was budgeted $75 million for the redo of the Mexico boat ride.

The hell? What would they do for that much...?

It's not much, so to speak, in theme park terms - but all the infrastructure is there for the ride. It would just be scenery. Aint nothing in that film that would cost that much to make.

My CoCo Redo:

1. Do not touch the restaurant scenery, keep the same like they have for every other revision - even when they rerouted the boats in that area. NO TOUCHIE!

2. The tunnel - aka: first bit of ride proper - gets redressed to be shadow projections of the boy and his dog, creeping up to the main screen/prop at the end of the tunnel of the magic guitar. He takes it obviously, and there's lighting effects and some musical nonsense.

3. Next room, Scenery of the real world blending into the land of the dead. Lots of imagery of those mystical looking leaves.

4. Big ol' Day of the Dead scene replaces Mexican small world. New animatronics.

5. Vingnetts of whatever happens in the film.

6. Major storytime of how he gets his happy butt back into the real world via the bigger "party" scenes at the end of the caves.

7. Whoo! Dead people and live people and fireworks! Music! Fiesta HOY! There might even be a carousel.

8. Guitar again, all magical looking, and that dog drooling and looking as derpy as ever. "Say goodbye to our new friends!" "woof *derp* woof!"

9. "Exit to you your right please...."

Reactions: Hannah L and Alicia
I'd bet most of it would be for building a meet & greet and gift shop at the end. Nothing gets built unless it can sell something now...
That and a rework of the queue. No way this gets redone without a FP+ line and a better way to extend the standby line.
I rode this last week and the extended queue basically ties up a good portion of the area around the restaurant.

That and a rework of the queue. No way this gets redone without a FP+ line and a better way to extend the standby line.
I rode this last week and the extended queue basically ties up a good portion of the area around the restaurant.
Yes, rode it in May & it was the first time it wasn't a walk on for me. The wait only was 15 to 20 minutes but the lines snaked past the entire front of the restaurant and then into the shops area. There is virtually no queue for that attraction. There's no way you could put a one hour standby line in that building unless the shops were all removed. And, that would be a shame since the Mexico Pavilion is one of Epcot's best areas.

Reactions: belloq87
Yes, rode it in May & it was the first time it wasn't a walk on for me. The wait only was 15 to 20 minutes but the lines snaked past the entire front of the restaurant and then into the shops area. There is virtually no queue for that attraction. There's no way you could put a one hour standby line in that building unless the shops were all removed. And, that would be a shame since the Mexico Pavilion is one of Epcot's best areas.
Virtual queue time! Also, to think Disney would remove a store would be madness haha..

Reactions: Joel and Mad Dog
Once they finish the bar outside the pavilion, I could see them moving the shop near the entrance to the other side (where the bar was) and use that area for the queue.

Epcot has been running at 50-60k during food and wine on weekends so it's not really a good judge of typical Epcot crowds. The boat ride in Mexico has a very high capacity and doesn't need much queue.

The hard queue of course exists, but the switchbacks by the restaurant have been part of the plan since day 1. It's designed that way.

Also, if they project needing to do more - the shop kiosks all move and get slid over a little. That allows the line to run down the side of the pavilion and out the side door of the entry chamber of the pyramid. There are several switchbacks that can be setup on the pyramid terrace. Then it's down the steps and into Showcase promenade. It's like 2-3 hours when it gets that long. The only real issue is the new bar that is where the line would turn to the side as it goes down the promenade.

So even if Coco is the next coming, the ride will be fine 99% of the time with the basic queue areas it already has.

Pics from NYE 2008 I found online. Terrace switchbacks:

12-31-2008-32.jpg

And interior side queue with all the kiosks shifted over a few feet.

12-31-2008-35.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: belloq87 and Joel
Got my own darn pic!

Sure, it was almost 10pm and it was empty, but they had used the extended queue through the pavilion earlier in the day and it was still partially set up.

granfiesta.jpg

Reactions: Joel